Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Last TRAVEL Day

Last TRAVEL Day

Sunday May 15, 2022

Well better late than never. I did so well this winter travel season, posting almost everyday. I never missed one entry. A few consecutive days were doubled up, because we spent a lot of time not doing anything with all of our travel issues. But this last day I really procrastinated on.
If I could do that well with a diet and exercise routine that would be amazing. Will see
 But the very last entry It  took forever oh, so here it goes,  Finally. 

When we woke up Sunday morning. We had a great night,  slept well very quiet last night, not to hot or cold out.  The Walmart, closed at 11. 
Jim was up quite early about 6:30 I think and put on the generator. And for some reason nothing came on. Everything that would run on the battery,  nothing came on. Was weird too because last night genny ran over 4 hours and only changed the batteries back up to 80%. He played with it for about 2 hours. 
I was so desperate to have things come back on,  I even texted Sycamore Hill RV,  Jim to see if he had any ideas for us. He actually called us right back,  we were very surprised he did, but grateful.  Unfortunately it didn't help at all. 
We weren't sure if when he shut the generator down it shut everything off  last night or this morning when he turned it on, we think it was this am,  when nothing came back on. He even went into Walmart and bought a part for the inverter. I think it gets weak after awhile and like last night wouldn't fully charge. Long story short we feel the inverter was the issue and nothing came back on. No fridge, no freezer outside no coffee pot Etc. So I made coffee the old-fashioned way, that's why I always want a gas stove. I  heated up the water and dumped it through the filter and let it drip through. All this really took the fun out of boondocking. 
By then it was after 9 a.m. I hated to open the fridge the temp inside was still good. But I finally opened it up grabbed sausage and eggs and made him a quick breakfast.
 Finally we decided we just had to go, was our last couple hours of the Journey back to PA. So we headed out probably after 10 a.m. by now,  with everything shut down. 
With my Temp Minder I could watch the fridge temp rise 1 degree about every hour.
And also we knew we were driving now without a spare tire. 
We stopped at exit 10 to fill up with diesel before we hit PA. We arrived at PA Dutch Thousand Trails
 probably after 1 or 2:00 pm  by now. But we only can check in now after 12 noon. I forget the time frame since it was a little while ago. But that we can't forget. We checked in got situated. 
Our first site of the season in PA.
Jim ended up having to buy a whole new inverter. Another $500.
He ordered one. We tryed to get Jim from Sycamore Hill to come look at it. He's so Busy.  Apparently they wear out this will be our second one. Jim ended up installing it himself a good week later. All Day on a Saturday.  I  was not home.. More on that later.

When we arrived at PA Dutch,  he had to rewire everything, so when he plugged in the RV things would come back on. So handy to have a talented man, he was amazing. He did put a monitor inside the RV for the inverter, so we can see what it's doing at any given time period,  it's right above the battery monitor, this way we don't have to bend over and try to look in the compartment to see what code  it is reading.

I had to fill out a paper for Jury Duty I have on June 13. No time to mail before deadline so I had to take into the courthouse. I had on a dress we were going to the dentist later and then going out to dinner at Plaza Azteca.  When I went through the metal detector is beeped, he said what do you have on you.  I said nothing I literally just had the paper in my hand.  I had to walk through again, beeped again he scanned me with the wand looked at me weird then said it must be the buckles on your shoes. Alrighty then.

Then we had to go pick up the work  van on 
May 17th,  just FYI neither TT here will let us bring van in now. Because it's our 3rd vehicle and you're only allowed two in the campground. Of course we have the truck and my Ford Escape.  We have been doing it for years, all of a sudden now we can't.  Drives me nuts. We have to use our fuel now. 
Then we picked up my car later and flower pots over at Byron house. After we had it a day or so the car didn't want to start, so we ended up having to go get a new battery for it . The saga continues . 

He didn't want a new battery as we plan on selling it soon . Advance Auto had a battery that had to be considered used for only $69, they actually installed it for us also a win-win for Jim. 
He thought it sounded a little funny driving it he wanted to have the brakes checked, so on the 18th we took it back over to Byron he took all the tires off and checked he said it was safe to use. That made me feel better.  Thanks, Bryan aka Byron.

I also did a big closet clean out. Made me feel SOoo good to get done. Jim didn't want to, BUT I said need help with your stuff. He literally sat on the bed I said you want this or this, we got rid of a lot of his stuff too. This is everything I took to Goodwill on the bed.
and below this I threw in the trash. Had a crazy amount of hangers.
Then also a few days later we went to order 4 new tires. These were the original tires. We got our money's worth out of them.. They are H rated Goodyear we replaced them with the Same. $1700. Later when they came in he took one at a time after he started back to work. Brought in home put on took another off. We always had 4 tires on. 
He took the one that was originally the spare off last and put it back under rig.
That is not Jim in picture Ben and Denise stopped and chatted for awhile. He helped Jim a little. The tires are very heavy. 

Well that was more than just our last TRAVEL Day.
And alot of the stuff we had to get done asap. 

1 comment:

  1. I keep hearing RV parks are getting fussier and fussier in what they permit. I guess this is why a lot have joined Boondockers Welcome. We have a large rig here now until Saturday then NOTHING. This is the first time since December 2019 that we have no future bookings. We had two on the books but they both cancelled last week due to gas/diesel costs. Thinking we can expect few guests in the coming months. Glad to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete