Thursday, August 4, 2022

Special Granddaughter time

Special Granddaughter Time

Friday June 17, 2022

When I was upstate, I decided I would be going back to work. As they need someone desperately. Since Jim was working and we can always use extra money. 
So I wanted to see our granddaughters ASAP. So I made arrangements with Mia's Mother to pick her up, we met at the mall in Lebanon. I asked her if I could keep her till the following Friday, 8 days.  She said wow I didn't send that much clothes. I said no problem, we'll get more. 
I was also able to keep Sarah over for 1 night too. 15 year old is a little harder to arrange. Mia LOVES her cousin. Was so fun. 
So I picked Mia up and we spent eight wonderful days together. I have many pictures of all the different things we did. It was so much fun. She's a fabulous little kid if I must say so myself. So well-behaved, No problems at all. She missed her Dad a few times, I could tell and you could she was sad for a minute. She doesn't say anything, she just wipes away a tear.. But she bounces back quickly with all the fun we were having together.

When we arrived at our camper, she was so excited. Jim was home already. We grilled,  and ate dinner al fresco. Took a golf cart ride, then Of course we had a campfire and s'mores.

Saturday June 18, 2022

We went for a walk together after breakfast and the campground was having a car show. The three of us walked around the car show and I took pictures with Mia and the cars together. Some guy even let her sit in one, Jim said it was one like his mom used to have many years ago.
More cars.
Later the two of us sat out on the picnic table and painted rocks. I probably bought everything and had it for over a year, we finally got to get together and do it. We both had alot of fun doing it.
That one rock looks like a potato. That's why thought it would be funny to write that.
Also almost every day I did her hair and braided it some sort of way.

Mia and I went food shopping at Country View, got alot of things for tomorrow too, including alot of fruit, she loves it. Wanted to get special stuff she likes, she doesn't ask for much. She eats most everything.

Mia is quite a little chef. Every time I needed eggs I had her cracked them for me. And she does it one-handed, like a pro, that's my girl,  I taught her well. I'm glad her Mom keeps up with letting her help in the kitchen, she loves helping, got to keep in practice and constantly learning when you're young. It's a life skill alot of people never learn.
We made deviled eggs in the instant pot and she did everything to prepare them. Put the eggs in, then put them in the ice water,  peeled them, sliced them got the yolks out.  Mixed everything, I just added the mayo etc. and she filled the whites. I helped a little with that. Had to tell her use it all. There for tomorrow Father's Day get together.

Linda and Dennis Price invited us over to there RV for a fire. They had 3 of there 9 Gkids over a few night. 2 girls Just a little younger than Mia 6 and 8. And 15 year old boy.. 

They had fun playing together. They let us ride there huge golf cart up in the woods. Fun ride. Then we came back, we had more S'mores with them. She got out her jewelry making stuff. The three girls had such a good time making bracelets. 
Mia made a bracelet for Sarah to use as a keychain. Cuz she's so close to being 16 and I guess getting a driver's license. She was so excited to give it to her ASAP. Then she made herself a bracelet. Linda gave her too already made. They worked for hours even after it was dark, they tried to get some light for them. But we finally had to end the party around 10:00 p.m..

Sunday Father's Day June 19, 2022.

So after I made them both breakfast we got all the food together went out to Thomas's,  they invited us out for a Father's Day lunch with them. First we picked up Jim's Mom and took her along. It was a great afternoon we were out there for hours. Which is never long enough for me. I never get to see them enough. Travis was there too, I called him ahead of time asked him to bring Mia more clothes for her, which he did. 
Thomas grilled chicken and burgers, we took the deviled eggs, Mia and I made, aso a  huge fruit salad. and a few other things along. Mia was such a help with all that in the kitchen. She also loves seeing her cousin. I was working on picking a date for her to come stay with us,  at least one night. Tomorrow is Sarah's birthday 15 too.
I took my tattoo stuff and did strawberry tattoos on both the kids. All three of us had them on.
Monday June 20, 2022

Sarah's Birthday today, 15 wow can't believe it.

I went for a walk early before she woke up. I told her I would last night. Here beautiful view I saw,  deer up there too.
So it's Monday morning of course Jim was at work now. When we got up Mia helped me make her breakfast of Pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberries. She ate them and they were gone in less than 2 minutes. 
Almost every day we picked wild raspberries, she loves them. She ate hand full after hand full. They grow wild every where. That's a bowl of my OM and yogurt I make in the IP, with raspberries and SB.

After breakfast we went for a walk saw a beautiful Doberman out with her 3 little kids. She was watching us like crazy. NO one was going to get near
Her kids. I tried to get a picture of her too dark. 
Later they all walked by we said hi got to meet the dog. Mia was talking with the kids, before we new it she was inside with the oldest boy, the other 2 were pretty young little girls. They were exchanging some numbers for video games. So cute.Beautiful, she is Jim's dteam dog, some day.

We went to the pool alot. She loves the water,, quite a little swimmer. She made me nervous in the deep end when she was treading water for a long time.  I was in the pool too with her. The weather was beautiful the whole time she was here. We only had one rainy-ish day.

Did you ever wonder what Santa does in the OFF Season??
Now you know. LOL

We tried to have a crocheting lesson, I love doing it, she wanted to try again, but she got frustrated quickly, so we stopped. 

Later I did her nails, mani-pedi.
Here fun  pool day.
She really loves the water, spent alot of time rinsing out and washing her long hair.
We went to my friends Nancy and we talked while Mia played with her granddaughter Olivia's toys. She wasn't there yet.

Tuesday June 21, 2022

More pool time felt so good. Cool at first, but felt great. I was in the pool  with her too.
can't believe she can wear that swimming suit, probably was Sarah's, we have been carrying it around for years probably.
This is how you warm a kid up when they are freezing. The cement is so warm from the sun, you cover them up when wet and it warms them right up. I did that for her Dad alot when he was little boy at the pool.

After Jim got home from work the 3 of us went out to eat dinner. First we tried Hoss's closed then Ruby Tuesday also closed and  Mia said Tuesday is even in the name. Then we went to Infinito's Pizza Buffet.

Wednesday June 22, 2022

Another fun day at the pool.

Later at the end of the day Mia and I went out to Thomas to pick up Sarah we finally got to keep her for one night. At least she was generous with her time for one night. Mia  was so excited. They talked non-stop on the way home.
 Here's a picture of them laying in bed together looking at their tablets. It was so cute, and  they're little girly conversation.
 The next day I made them both breakfast then we took a golf cart ride together and they were picking raspberries. 
My friend Nancy invited us over now that her granddaughter Olivia was also there.  We had a little ladies lunch out on her picnic table. It was so cute they served them chicken nuggets and carrots and cheese and fruit, it was so nice of her to do that for us. The girls really had fun, thank you both. Darn no picture of them.

We went up to the Family Center and the three of us played Candyland, I think that was the game together. We were all a little rusty on the rules. We went into the store that was the one day it was not the best weather. I got them both ice cream cones.
 Later Thomas came to pick up Sarah. Here's the three of them at the island. Looks like Sarah's sitting in the instant pot but I assure you she is not. 
The next afternoon after Mia and I had breakfast Travis also came to pick up Mia. I was so sad to see them both go, we had such a fantastic time. They are such great kids. 

Now I guess it's back to work for me too.

1 comment:

  1. You sure were busy all those days. I know the feeling when Granddaughers are returned to their parents. But so good her Mom let her visit that long.

    ReplyDelete