Friday, November 18, 2022

Back in Pennsylvania

Back in Pennsylvania 
August 17, 2022
Is when we arrived back in town. My granddaughter and daughter-in-law and her sister went to New York to see Harry Styles, they stopped at the Today Show. They were on  the Plaza, I still have it recording, although I don't really watch it anymore. But I went through and found a whole bunch of shots with them in the background. 
Then my granddaughter came home and was sick with covid. 

The next day Jim went to visit his mom and he said my car was making weird noises. End up calling Thomas and he had it towed to his work at Ciocca Honda in Harrisburg. He inspected it and put on One new front brake and caliper.
I went over in the truck to pick him up. Have been driving it alot.
Later car was acting up again, had a vibration in front. We took it back to Thomas in a few day's. He is ready for us to get rid of it. Lol

September 3rd we went to pick up my car. All ready to go and get SOLD.  It was a Saturday we got to visit him at work. Really fun to visit your adult child and see their work life firsthand.
 Nice to have my car back. But now I have to drive. 

September 4th we took his mom for a drive saw a beautiful field full of sunflowers we all went out to eat together. 

September 5th I was at work, was just about to leave for the day and there was a snake in the Hall of the nursing home. So I went and got a clear pitcher and ended up catching it, and releasing it outside. I told her I wanted it on my resume, nobody else would have done that. 


September 10th we went to Harrisburg to look at electric drum kit. We were there about an hour, Jim was playing one. 
I said are we going to get one or what. He said no, let's just wait. Later he put it on Facebook and a guy he used to work with called him said you want to buy my kit. 
Long story short we ended up buying his, went to pick it up the next day, he had a huge amp, weighed 65 lb, I said that's not going to make the cut. Ended up giving it to Thomas and taking his real little one. Now it's taking up room and living room till we find a home for it. 

September 17th we went to the Hershey RV show, here's a picture of a new horizon rear kitchen. 
And I like to convert our table and chairs to a counter like this and turn them facing the window. 
RV still a work in progress.

October 2, 2022
 Our friends Marcia and Jeff were in town. They are traveling for now in a truck camper. We went to dinner to Ruby Tuesdays with them. 

Then on October 6th I wanted to make more applesauce I had apples which I thought would be secure in ice chest outside. The squirrels here are crazy and chewed a hole through it. Although the apples were too large to get out, but had to throw the ice chest away.

 October 7th my granddaughter was playing a scary part in a haunted house for volunteer fire company,  where she dressed up.
She is such a good little actress.

 October 8th we had a family dinner at Thomas's where I made kielbasa and pierogies. It was homecoming, we were there as Sarah got ready.
My brother's were in town, our Uncle has been in the hospital. I told Drew to come over. Never thought he would. Then I forgot about it. He really surprised us all when he stopped by. 
Me and my boys Thomas and Travis 
 Later we went to a Bowman picnic afterwards. Jim told his boss and coworkers. Thanks for throwing me this retirement party. He is so funny. 

October 11th my birthday I signed up to do ServSafe so I've been studying for a week or two now next week on the 18th I had to take a test, yay I passed I'm now Serve Safe certified for another 5 years. 

Then we went out to Ruby Tuesday's for my birthday dinner together. 
My uncle wasn't doing well, we were going to stop at the hospital to see him. Didn't know if my brothers were still there so we ended up going home. Shortly after we arrived my brother David called and said they were there, we probably should come. So we got dressed again went back to the hospital. He was wide awake, and we got to talk to him. But he passed the next day. Sad day, he so reminded me of my Dad.

 October 18th was the ServSafe test I just mentioned. As soon as the test is over I went to the funeral for my uncle . My brother's.
Drew myself and David

Jim was changing the tires on the golf cart. We had a lot to do before we leave. 
Jim's last day was Thursday October 20th my last work day was October 21st  they gave me a gift on my last day, a plaque with years of service, was 15 and a clock, really heavy. Have to find a place for it not great in the RV. 

So we ended up 67 days back in Pennsylvania, continuing on and off those days fighting with the extended warranty company. Trying to get the RV repair done. Took forever they finally denied it. Because of non covered components. 
 Ended up going through our Nationwide Insurance. Back and forth, Rod ended up talking to him four times I think he said. The total amount ended up being $35, 535.45 they covered the whole thing. We decided we wouldn't be able to get there and do it this year. We thought we put up with it this long. We would go in Spring. I had called once approved and told one of the ladies in office that. 
I got home from work one day. I was looking in my phone for message from our new insurance lady. I had a message from Rod. He said to call him back.
When I did he said he found out we were going to wait till spring. He just thought that we shouldn't wait. It could get worse, I said we worried about that too. I said had to talk with Jim. I said we didn't think we would have time to get it all done because originally he said 2 to 3 weeks. He said he hired a full-time painter which we needed. He had everything we needed in place, he couldn't promise,  but was hoping to do in a week. He would put us up in a hotel close by we could come over every day. I  said I would call him back. OMG

When Jim got home Geez we had alot to talk about. Just the fact we could get all that done before we left for the winter, so exciting. We would only really have to change one major reservation. We could just do it later. Thunder Canyon with the  RV Odd Couple, John and Mercedes. We will go in the spring. I called him back, and plan was in motion. We would still leave on our original day but side trip to Indiana first.

The last week in Pa was so busy, Jim's cartilogist appointment. We had the truck to get oil change and inspection etc. My last nail appointment.

Jim's last day was Thursday October 20 and mine was Friday the 21st.

 Here we come Indiana. Coming next PART 2

No comments:

Post a Comment