Sunday, October 22, 2023

Happy "sick" Monday

Happy "sick" Monday 

Monday October 16, 2023

Jim did not feel great the whole day today, so he didn't do much. He kept saying I have alot to do tomorrow, and I will be hurting. Love his positive attitude. Stupid phone, you type positive and covid comes up not attitude. I hate that.
This morning I went out and watched more people pack up. This older SpaceCraft had a huge garage and I watched as they put the Jeep in the back.
Quite the process.
 Beautiful HDT with a New Horizon. I feel like we talked to them at the open house. 
The campground is really emptying out a lot of empty spots. I think I counted six to eight HGT or LGT's, like us here yet. A few more non Rally attendees came in too.
As I walked around the campground I saw this cool, Pollinators Sanctuary, a bug Hotel.
Alot of empty space around us now.
 This is Kansas State Fairgrounds building we had our activities in. There is alot of buildings here. Place is huge.
This is the Lair White House, Kansas Fairgrounds Foundation Offices and Conference Room, Kansas Fairgrounds Museum.

I left 2 messages with Susan that we needed another paper to fill out to get weighted on Wednesday 
morning, she dropped one off for us.
 I love this Volvo license plate. 
Can't believe it's so dry here. This pond close by, was so low, they had a floating dock, it was touching the bottom of the pond. 
Later in the evening I got beautiful
 sunset pictures.

Tuesday October 17, 2023

Jim felt better today thank goodness.

After lunch I wanted to stop at the post office. I had hair products I wanted to mail to Mia my youngest granddaughter. Also a box of German cookies we wanted to give to his mom before we left. I had pre-made address labels for them both. We got there and what a production it was to get those packages together. Not them, US. At the last second, Jim realized I put the labels on the wrong ones. Oh I guess we can't be left alone. 

Then back to Aldi's. After I looked at the receipt, there was some questionable things on there.They rung up 3 different items 2 or 3 times, void one. So it looked like they charged me extra. But when I asked, they said it was fine. OK then...
 It was funny there was a Mennonite couple buying a case of butter, cream cheese sugar Etc. When I went out to the truck. We realized he was putting everything in the back of a horse trailer. And the horse trailer was being pulled by a John Deere tractor, and they both got into it. I told Jim I wish I could have got a picture of that.

 So then we went to Walmart. I got a head start and Jim went to get diesel fuel. He met me inside and found our toothpaste. Got a few groceries and then went home. On the way we passed the Tractor and horse trailer. 
Guess they had more errands to do too. Not the best picture, but so funny.

We had to work on our sheet to get weighed for Wednesday morning. Figure out all our numbers.

I also got some pre travel cooking done.
He started by putting the golf cart and everything outside away. Together we even gave the camper and truck a quick wash as it was so dusty from all the wind.
Can't believe it is soon time to leave here.


1 comment:

  1. When we were in Kansas it was moth migrating season. Happens twice a year. Moths EVERYWHERE. Going into the bathroom and turning a light on was eerie as they swarmed all around. The FV we had at that time had a central vac system. The only way to get rid of them was to aim the vacuum hose and sweep them in. Our pond is down at least 4 feet too. Need rain badly. Miss you both.

    ReplyDelete