Saturday, January 2, 2021

Last month in Pa December in REVIEW 2020

Last month in Pa December in REVIEW 
2020 SOON OVER 

December 1st I worked today, had my  Tuesday Covid test. No news is GOOD news they tell ya.

Wednesday I had to work 4 to 8.  I took the drive over to Country View Store. It has been a while. Right before I left I saw that I had a text from Shannon, as we sometimes call her, Jim's New sister. The lady who brought her house. She asked if Jim could come OVER after work tonight. So asked if everything was ok. She said the dog was NOT well and they were going to take him to the Vet, and she DIDN'T think he would be coming back. She didn't want my MIL to be alone. So sad, I texted Jim. We talked for a minute. He left a little early, he stopped home and changed I got to see him for a minute before I left for work. He spent the early evening with them, was SOooo sad for ALL of them. I said THANKS to them she was able to spend the last 2 months with the dog AGAIN, Alfie was his name. 
My MIL house and her car in the front 
He came home showered and ate the dinner I had ready for him. I was home after 8.
Worked on my summer tank top.

Jim has off 4 days again, and my boss needed me to work this Friday and the 13th.  we both have a Doctor appointment today.
Thursday December 3, We left to go to my Doctor first. The dermatologist, I have to call and go in again. What a  pain.
Then we went to Esther's in Fredericksburg for lunch. I brought leftovers home for work tomorrow. We went to Redner's next. Then we went to Jim's Doctor appointment. We both got the Shingles Shot, man did my arm hurt later. We went to Bell and Evans the Chicken Store. We got two whole Chickens and a huge pork loin he is going to smoke it all tomorrow. Then we drove back into Lebanon and went to Michael's for more yarn and we got the mail. Got home just as it was getting dark. Had alot to put away. Had leftovers for dinner. Went to bed at 9:30 I work next 3 days.

Friday December 4, 2020
Jim had off today, a few days ago they asked me to work today. We had a lot of plans, will try to do them later.
Jim texted me while I was still at work and said the water heater was in, and they were going to install it tomorrow. How exciting is that.
I was home right before 3.

Saturday December 5th Jim was home they installed the water heater around 8:30 am when they started.This is a picture of the 2 and half gal one. Then he got the smoker going while I was at work, first he smoked two whole chickens then the whole huge pork loin. When I got home I mixed up a cornbread casserole. Didn't have the corn so I ran to Dollar General and bought a couple pans to fit the smoker too. Since we only have 30 amp electric we baked it off in the smoker. While that baked I mixed up a small pumpkin cake. And Jim baked that next, they all were fabulous. I made cream cheese icing for the pumpkin cake. I froze a lot for travel days. I made a plate for my mother-in-law. I made some butternut  squash too in the IP. Jim put the hole back together so he could work on  getting the golf card in there. He had a campfire later in the evening with the leftover coals from the smoker.

Monday December 7th it's Jim's birthday after work he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse in Palmyra, so we went there for his steak dinner. He had a couple beers before we left so I had to drive both ways. He had a huge beer well a couple and a house margarita with top shelf as they called it $15, LOL.

Tuesday December 8th I had off had a whole bunch of errands to do. Before I left I wrote up three bills to drop off got food ready to take to my MIL. Made another batch of applesauce. The squirrels love the peels I watch them out the window. I ate lunch a little early left around 11:30. Went to Fredericksburg vacuumed the car. Went to Redner's, got my nails done gave Mary her Christmas card with money and took some smoked pork for her husband Corey that does our computer work. Went back to Redners and filled up 6 empty water jugs. Then I went back into Lebanon stop with my mother-in-law,  quick visit  gave her  smoke chicken more applesauce then I got the mail, went to work to get my Tuesday covid-19 test, had to be there before 4 just made it in time. When I got home I had a lot of things to put away Jim was home shortly after that. I made chicken corn rivel soup. We had some leftover pork sandwiches still a little bit left for tomorrow. I finished my yellow summer tank top  sewed it together and tried it on. The yarn is a little bulky for summer. I'm going to start the summer white one tomorrow with lighter weight yarn.

Wednesday December 9th another wonderful day off today I watched the snow flurries fly. We are ready to get out of Dodge. Have a lot of stuff on my to do list.
I  put up our little Christmas tree.

Today Thursday December 10, 2020
Alot nicer today, I washed the sheets and hung them outside. 
I called Wanda today, had a chat with her.
Later in the day I talked to Cecile when Jim was home. We talked about Florida and how things are there now, can't wait. We made plans for our arrival in Gainesville to meet her.
I made a chicken casserole with the leftover smoked chicken for dinner.

Friday December 11, 2020
Today I went to work and had my covid test.
After work I went to the bank, then  to get the mail and see if the UPS guy could make me a decal that I could put over the Ink cards I bought, that I messed up the writing on the back.  Then I went home took a shower. Was relaxing and Jim texted me that it was going to be a long night for him. He was not sure when he would be home. We were going to go out for dinner because we can't now tomorrow because the governor shut down restaurants starting tomorrow till January 4th. He said we would not be going now. I said I could get pizza. So at 4:30 I ran to CC's pizza and got a few slices and a 4 pack of pb cookies. I went into a cute little Carriage House store next door. Came home and ate, waiting for Jim.
He did not get home till 7. He loved the pizza.

Saturday December 12, 2020
Very early in the morning Jim was sleeping in his chair, till almost 8. He's very soar and crickety, everything hurts while he is working. He made coffee and I eventually made him breakfast, one huge apple cinnamon pancake and 3 dippy eggs. I made a batch of oatmeal but have to turn the fireplace off to put the IP on. I ate at 10 and Jim got ready and went outside to work on getting the golf cart in the hole.  I was doing stuff inside, I washed a pile of dishes. I made a pot of chili for Jim wanted  to use up the tomato soup I made. We were not crazy about it as just plain tomato soup. They must put a lot of sugar in tomato soup, because it wasn't sweet like I was used to I guess. Then I Figured I better get dressed and go out and see what was going on.
 We had a lot of stuff we got rid, of some stuff for Byron. Stuff to go in the storage shed, still can't believe we have that thing. Only because of our two chairs and the drums though. We finally ate lunch at 1:30 outside. He  had  the rest of the pizza and I ate my turkey burger cabbage tomato soup thing.
One from the back side.

Wish I had a picture of the junk we got rid of.
We went through all the compartments again, we purged and rearrange.

I want to talk about the company Jim works for, GF Bowman.
 not sure if you can read this but the gist of it is. They were trying to figure out Year End thank you gifts for the employees. They decided to do the 12 days of GF Bowman Employee Appreciation, a play on The 12 Days of Christmas. After they figured out how the gifts would be delivered, you had a gift to open every day for 12 days. I took a picture of everything, I put on the sofa.The 12 gifts are. 
1. JBL Bluetooth speaker 
2. Blanket (Jim needed one )
3. Maple syrup and pancake mix
4. $50.00 gift card
5. A fleece vest, with GF Bowman logo
6. Loto tickets 
7. Huge Artic Mug
8. Insulated food/ beer bag, with  Lebanon  Bologna,      Opera Fudge and  Katie's pretzels inside.
9. Travel portable phone charger 
10. Can't see,  A Day off with pay 
11. Foaming hand soap, sanitizing wipes
       And a 2020 Christmas ornament
 

12. Beautiful Christmas flower arrangement with $500.00 gift card.

Just wanted to thank them and say what a wonderful job they did. Living the way we do it's amazing how great of a job they did, everything they gave Jim will be so useful to both of us.

We had a few taco's and taco salad with the chili I made for dinner. Beautiful day out for December, 56 degrees. 
Jim had a day fire that went into the evening with a fabulous sunset.

Sunday December 13, I worked today. 
When I got home we were going to go over to Jim's mom for a visit. But he talked to her while I was at work, and they got a new dog which I thought they might. So he went over to visit before they came home with him.
When I got home Jim dumped the downstairs black tank. We planned on going to Burger King for dinner. We did that and we're treated to a beautiful sunset on our drive home.
 It was an early evening so we finally found the new TV show Big Sky on Hulu and watched all four episodes. Luckily we got an early start. Really good though.
We also heard the weather small storm coming tomorrow end a larger one on Wednesday.
Jim talked with his boss today, who is home recovering from foot surgery. We made plans to stop by Monday night after work and have a little potluck the four of us. I was going to take dessert and biscuits and a side but they said they weren't dessert people. Shocking.

Monday December 14, after work, I went to the Country View store, found some Grands biscuits and a few other goodies. Wanted to stop by The UPS Store but my stuff wasn't ready yet. Came home rested a minute when Jim got home we made the biscuits, I made some vegetables and we headed over to Lance and Crystal's house for dinner.
I did not take any pictures, Lance is recovering from foot surgery He has to scoot around with his knee on a cart. She made beef stew, Jim told them I don't eat beef, before we got there, but she had made a wonderful salad bar with mixed greens hard boiled eggs bacon bits Chicken, and I had vegetables and the biscuits. Everyone had stew and Jim had a cup of leftover clam chowder and a baked potato they had. And to our great surprise they had made Christmas cookies and brought to the table a huge Rubbermaid container full of a cookie assortment, we even brought a few home. What a wonderful treat and surprise. We left around 7:30 went home. Tried to hear about the storm coming, I have off for the next two days.

Tuesday December 15, BIG Snow Storm Coming. 
I was off today, and got up around 8, and saw our neighbor Bruce leave for the day.
I had to keep turning the fireplace off to use the microwave. The 4th time it made a heck of a loud rattling noise, the fireplace did. I Turned it off. Put another small heater on downstairs. 
Felt the heat vents on the floor, was pretty cold feeling, I think the 100 lbs bottle ran out today.
Today was the first day it did not get out of the 30's. 
I had to get ready to go into work for my Covid Test. Stopped at the post office to get some stamps and mail a few Christmas cards.
When Jim got home we went to fill the 100 lbs bottle. And he looked at the fireplace. He listened to it, and all the noise it was making. Though it was the fan, he pulled it out, and took it apart. Turned out it was the little motor that turns the little foil pieces to give the flame effect.   He disconnected that part, we cleaned it really well inside and he reinstalled it, and put it back on. We had some leftovers for dinner and we had a quick phone call with Nancy they are in TTO  now. 
Then Jim grilled some chicken and took the trash out before he took a shower, I did the dishes. We then watched The Voice finale.

Wednesday December 16, 2020 Snow is on the way. Today I had an appointment with the dermatologist 6:45 a.m. so I got an early start you got back before the snow started around 2. Jim got home early, some of the pictures we took.

I worked Thursday Friday and Saturday. Jim went to see his Mom Saturday. Thursday I had in my date book I wanted to leave for Florida that day, we really have to talk about leaving earlier next year.
After I got home Saturday we went to pick up my Mary Kay order. We went to Walmart, and picked a turkey burger for me at Ruby Tuesday. Jim wanted to eat leftovers, he didn't feel like a burger. We were going to get take out at QT, they wanted you to go on line to place an order,  I told them you know what a pain that is
for old people. We said forget it. 

Sunday December 20, I made Jim a nice breakfast. He dumped upstairs tank, fixed tail light on the truck. He kept talking about making a fire, he finally went out and made one. He got a couple huge icicles off the back of the camper, wish he would have taken a picture. Later in the day I made a pot of chicken vegetable soup. Later I made Egg Roll in a bowl in the IP as part of dinner.

 Jim ended the day with a beautiful sunset picture he took.
Monday December 21, 2020
 Today I went to the dentist by myself, appointment at 10 a.m. came home for a bit went to have a mammogram at 3:15.
If I don't write something every day I forget stuff the little things, but all boring real life stuff. 
I worked till I PM on Christmas eve, Kerri's birthday. 
Merry Christmas, Christmas morning we mixed up some sugar cookies, I call him my Kitchen Aide mixer, then Jim peeled a  5 lb bag of potato's. I put beef roast in IP. Thomas went to pick up Gma and we arrived around 12:30.
It was great seeing everyone. A few pictures of our family DAY together.
Jim's plate of the dinner I made
We had my sugar cookies Sarah put icing on  Kerri had a Tuxedo Cake for dessert 
Thomas made some great Coffee with the sliced cake
Jim's mother Brigitte Price
My girl's 
L  Sarah Elizabeth 13
R  Amelia Grace 8
Travis on left Thomas with Amelia in background 

Sarah wanted me to brade her hair since she put some purple hair color in 

Beautiful flowers Thomas and Kerri got for Gma

They are crazy about each other 

It was a wonderful day together.

I worked on Saturday and Sunday 
Saturday after work we picked up some subs and the 55 inch TV that stopped working in Florida and went to Thomas's house and ate. We got some clothes that were hanging in there closet and put in storage shed. He is going to play around with the TV see if he can get it to work. He likes doing that.

Monday December 28, I had off today. I was cleaning a  little today, trying to put some things away.
Jim had a dental exam and cleaning today at 5:30. Then we met Shirlene and Larry at the Country Fair Restaurant in Myerstown. They are still open and there daughter owns the place. I wanted to go to the Mexican place Plaza Azteca but they are closed. We were with them about 2 hours wish I would have remembered a picture, Jim and her were talking about they're very similar health issues, really really awesome people we love.

Tuesday December 29th today I worked from 6:15 till 9:30 a.m. someone had a appointment and couldn't get there till later so I got the ball rolling. Whipped that place into shape, and received my covid test, I went back home for more coffee. I had my breakfast at 10 got ready and left to go to Fredericksburg to get my nails done by 11. Can't believe it's the last time this year. First I filled up some water jugs at Redner's. After the nails I went to the Chicken store bought a lot of chicken for the freezer. Then I went to Redner's. So my cousin Wanda there, we probably talked about an hour. I didn't have lunch yet and I got home about 3:30, was still putting everything away when Jim came home. Started grilling he did for chicken patties and some boneless skinless chicken thighs, and I started the zucchini Planks on the grill while he went and filled up the 40 lb LP bottle. Then we had dinner and I made a  banana bread  with pecan  brown sugar topping . Trying to get rid of the frozen bananas taking up space in the freezer .  Then I went to bed by 9:30.

Wednesday December 30, I work till 3 then I had an appointment at the dermatologist to get my stitches out. We had a meeting at work so I was running late but made it on time. Then I went to the Country View store to get a few things that they have that I really like.
Jim's home right after I was I was putting the groceries away, he had leftover chicken from the restaurant the other night and I made another burrito bowl with rice grilled chicken cheese, black beans, greens, avocado and sour cream. Then we got a call from Mark who is working on a shoe cabinet for me that does not look like a shoe cabinet. He wanted to see if we could come take a look at it on Saturday. I asked him to send pictures of the work in progress here's a few of what he sent. 

Thursday December 31, 2020 my second to the last day of work and my last covid-19 test  this year. We are doing covid-19 vaccine at work now. Get one shot now and one three weeks later, but I won't be here, so I'm not doing it yet.

When I got home we went to meet Joe and Kathleen at the Quentin Tavern, they were kind of full, so we sat on the back deck, yes it was a little cool. Never took my coat off, I had Jim's coat on my legs, and Spilled soda all over me, my straw knocked it over by my big coat sleeves. After that I got cold with a few wet spots I had. We had a nice meal together then headed home. There's a lot to do tomorrow, and it rained all night 
I set the DVR to record all the New Year shows and went to bed at 9, since I was up at 5 a.m. today happy New Year Goodbye 2020

1 comment:

  1. You are probably on the road by now. Safe travels and looking forward to seeing you two later in the year.

    We gave our grandson Justin (Terri's son) and his GF an Instant Pot for Christmas. He does their cooking. Loves it. They live in Chicago but were at Terri and Steves over Thanksgiving and again at Christmas. He told me he made 80 pierogies while there during Christmas. I so much want some pierogies. Can't find them here. I went online and Mrs Ts site says at Publix. NOPE. So you can be sure next time we are in PA I will be stocking up. Unlike the grandson, I buy them, not make them.

    Jim really works for a great company. What a haul at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete