Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Dushore in July

Rest of the Month Review in Dushore in July 

Friday June 7, 2024

Drew is leaving on a fishing trip in a few days. Richard, his neighbor that's 94, has a horse named Nina. 
He's in a rehab facility, not sure if he'll be able to come home again. So the three of us got in my dad's old truck, which is now Drew's. And we went into Tunkhannock.

 We stopped and got Chinese food for lunch and then we went to the Tractor supply farm store and got the horse more hay. 
While we take care of her for a few more weeks. Apparently someone is supposed to pick her up and take her to a better location, since Dick might not be coming back. 
Once we got home and went to feed the horse there was deer in the back pasture. And we had deer and fawn behind us in the fifth wheel. Really cool being here to see that. 
Then David made dinner of smoked deer sausage with rice and vegetables. It was delicious.
 Would love to make that again. 

 Saturday June 8th.

 I'm feeding the horse twice a day now. I have a horse for two weeks.

Later I made waffles for everyone. There's a lot of snakes around here. Jim keeps taking pictures of them. 
 Later. Later Jim had a fire out back since we have 90 acres of mountain land, plenty of firewood. He watched hockey. 
David came over later to join him.

Monday June 10, 2024

Today I made scrapple and eggs for breakfast. Did you ever have scrapple ?? it's Pennsylvania Dutch, my Dad used to make it. David made this batch 
Jim planned a couple days visit with Byron and his grandson Travis. They arrived later in the afternoon.
He wanted to play the drums. He drove my car up behind the house.
 On Tuesday we took the gator up the mountain to show him Drew's Taj mahal hunting cabin he built. 
We parked the gator and walked a little bit as it was getting hot. I walked the whole way. It's only a two-seater and Travis sat. In the back. Later I made white chicken chili 
we had at the fire for dinner for all of us.
 Byron brought my car so David even said it was funny to see it here, 
 knowing I don't technically own it anymore. 

Wednesday June 12

Last night Byron said goodbye to me, as he was afraid I wouldn't be up before he left in the morning.
 I got up to feed the horse and said goodbye to them as they were leaving this morning. Jim is the one that didn't get to see him and was not up yet.
 Later Jim and I went into Dushore, the one traffic light town.
Went into the little hardware store here, and finally found the filter we needed for our return AC vents on the ceiling. 
Not much to do here, in town. Did a quick run through the grocery store, Hurley's.

Friday, June 14, 2024  

Today, beautiful morning, butterfly's everywhere. Drew says a lot of milk weed around, they love.
Jim and I went in to Dushore again. Ate at the jolly trolley. 
Beautiful flowers on the building. 
It started to rain as we were leaving. Went into the liquor store next door and I ran into the family Dollar. 

Saturday June 15, 2024

 Today we decided to go into Tunkhannock to Walmart. Looking for a place for lunch as it was so late by now. Ended up at Burger King. Should have went somewhere else. 
Then we went into Walmart . Trying to remember what we needed in Walmart. 
We said we should go look at phones. 
As we've talked many times about us needing new ones.
 Well we came across an amazing salesman, and long story short. We walked out with each of us getting a new phone, an AT&T pixel 8a. 
Anthony pictured and Alex were amazingly helpful. They even transferred all our data from one to the new one. 
Once we got home, we were still in shock of our crazy purchase.
Let the learning curve begin.
 Apparently there was a deal going on. And we really didn't have to spend a lot of extra money .

 Sunday June 16, 2024 

Today's I fed Nina in the morning.  A few Chipmunks come out while she eats. 

Today is the day that they were supposed to come and pick the horse up. 
They were supposed to tell us. David and I were going to follow them to see where her new location would be. Never heard from them all day or saw them drive by, as we were outside a lot today. 
This is been very warm the last couple days and it's supposed to continue which is rare for upstate. 
Later I went up to feed the horse and she was gone. Very sad, Dick's red pickup truck was not there too. 
Went back as David was watching hockey with Jim inside the RV. We were all so shocked. They never contacted us. 
Drew, send us a few pictures that they sent him. 
We're assuming they knew he was in Canada. 
Jim feeds the wood burning fire before bed when Drew is not here.

Monday June 17

Today we needed to add more water to our tanks, as we only have 30 amp on that side of the road. 
Jim filled up our 45 gallon water bladder, 2 times using David's truck. Quite the long process. He needs to get a pony pump, instead of using his drill. 
The water pump didn't want to work cuz there was a lot of air trapped in the lines. Jim will have to work on that tomorrow.

Thursday June 20,

Our Granddaughter Sarah is 17 today.

Today I took the Smart car into Dushore and went to the Second Hand Rose. 
So many dresses to try.

Friday June 21,

Today I found a carrot cake recipe to try. 
Not as good as I anticipated.
Healthier version with crushed pineapple 
and homemade applesauce.

Saturday June 22,

Jim and I went to the hardware store and stopped at a few seinic view overlook. So beautiful up here.
It was stunning up here.
Stopped at Wendy's for lunch and next door Shore Sisters Farmers market. A new western wear store opened up.
Love Mary Kay pink western hat 
Beautiful boots. 
Grand opening was yesterday. I said they should have line dancing in here. She said they tried to get someone. They stood them up. 
She asked if I line dance " yepp"
Do you teach "yepp".
She said DARN, and you were free yesterday, yepp, if only I had know. She took my number. I said the only problem is that we are not here long.
Cool pink western hat, I tried on the way out.
Then I went into Aldi's.

Monday June 24,

Later this morning we all went up the mountain to get a load of wood.
Tried to get a picture of Drew cutting a dead tree down. Still getting used to new phone,
Missed it, told him we had to cut another one and try again.
We stacked firewood as he cut it up.
When we returned Drew stacked it and Jim and I got a pork shoulder going on the Ninja to smoke. 
Wish I would have remembered to do it before we left.

Tuesday June 25,

This afternoon I picked wildflowers. What the table looks like when just David and Drew are here alone. 
This is what it looks like when I'm here. I also made some mud slides.
A lot of fun cooking in this kitchen and using a big dishwasher.

Wednesday June 26,

Today the three of us went out for lunch, stopped at Cracker Barrel and we went to Sam's club. I thought Jim was bad shopping. Drew is really no fun to go shopping with. He is in and out to quick. 
Jim even said not fun hurrying this much.

Thursday June 27,

Drew and Jim watching some videos, they both love there devices.
Later I made pork fried rice with leftover shoulder.
So good.

Friday June 28,

Today was an absolutely perfect weather day.
David left in motorhome to help with the benefit picnic. He had an appointment first at 10 am to get it inspected.
Early evening I went for a walk in the woods alone. 
Saw two fawns and startled there mom. She snorted at me.
Later I found a cool slice of pie, shaped rock. I Want to paint it.
After dinner I made brownies for tomorrow's benefit picnic.

Saturday June 29, 

After we all got moving we left for picnic.
Today's weather forecast RAIN all day. Not ideal for today.
Food was great. $25.00 each, all beer and food you want. 
The brownies I made.
Drew had his limit early. I drove home.

Sunday June 30,

Our 40 year wedding anniversary.
Didn't go anywhere. 
I got my First Mary Kay order in today.






No comments:

Post a Comment