Sunday, July 21, 2024

July 4th party's, Turtle 🐢 Race's, Visit MIL and Thomas in Truck, Lost my new Phone

July 4th party's, Turtle Race's, Visit MIL and Thomas in Truck, Lost my new Phone
July 2, 2024

Today is Jim's brother's birthday, he is 2 years older and lives in Colorado.

Watching AGT aka, Americas Got Talent.
Check it out, great show.
Oscar Stembridge. He is 16, fabulously talented young guy.

July 3, 2024

Mary Kay delivered today, one more order on the way.
Made an apple dump cake today. 
Drew loved it.

July 4th 
We have two party's to attend today.
 I went to the store and bought some veggies so I could make a veggie tray.
 We left about 3:00 in the afternoon, we were following Drew, first we stopped at Drew's friend Breck.
Beautiful view on the way to there house.
 We only stayed a short time chatted with everyone. Told a few of the ladies about my new Mary Kay business.
 It started to rain a lot.
 Jim and I headed out. Then we went to see Jeanne and Lynn . 
They had a lovely party and we enjoyed a meal with them. 
Robert and Dina are coming to visit. They are part of our Switch Crew, they met Jeanne and Lynn in Florida.
We actually chatted with her while we were all still there together. She wanted to know if they could stay for a week before they headed on to their next location. Looking forward to getting together with them later in the month. 
We headed out so I wouldn't have to drive in the dark. We saw a lot of deer on the way home, wish we would have counted them all. 

July 7th 

Today's big exciting news in the mountains is going to a turtle race . 
We arrived at and VFW way out in the middle of nowhere . I was able to chat with quite a few people. While Jim and Drew enjoyed some beer at the bar inside. 
I watched a few of the races, there was over 200 turtles here. Which I believe they told me most people released them back into the wild at the location they were found, thank goodness for that. 
 Talked with a family and grandparents all hanging out. Very wholesome family fun.
 After we left, long beautiful country drive out of there. 
The three of us stopped and got Chinese food for dinner. The bad part is by then it was 9 PM. Didn't arrive home till after 10:00. 

July , 8,

Today, Jim and I got ready and took the truck down state to see his mom. 3 hour drive went so fast.
We had a lovely visit. She dog sitting this basset hound.
Went to see Thoma, Kerri and Sarah went to moose's LZ for dinner.
Saw my Aunt Sandy in Walmart.
We boondocked in Walmart parking lot in Palmyra. Beautiful sunset at our spot for the night.
We had a lot of options for where to stay, since we know the area. 
WM is quieter than a truck stop. Wanted to blend in. We ran the APU so we had AC on all night, and had fridge on too, had a lot of leftovers from the restaurant. It was terrible hot and humid today. 
I had a lovely solo shopping trip inside WM.

July 9, 2024

Had a great night, was very quiet overnight. Didn't sleep as well as I hoped, but Jim sure did.
We went to McDonald's for coffee he had egg muffin too. I made him eggs and I had my oatmeal and yogurt in the truck.
He said I was playing Motorhome. Lol

Then we went to the UPS store and got our mail. Next I ran into Sally and got some stuff for my hair.
Then I went into my former nursing home employeer, had to pick up my gallery artwork, I was hoping they would let it up, at least till I was dead.
Now I have to stash them at Drew.
Former coworker Betsy Weis. She loves the truck.
 Then we stopped at Jim's mom's for a quick visited with her again.
She really declined since her stroke. So weak and she won't put her hearing aids in, so hard to talk with her then.
 We headed out to go back to the cabin/ house, as I call it.
 Such a great drive coming back, 3 hour drive went so fast. We got situated and loaded the car up. 
It is soon switch it up, huddle time.

July 10

This morning we took a shower. I washed my hair. Jim and I went into Dushore.
The only place to get pizza here is inside a gas station. It's Pudgie's Pizza, never heard of it before, but it was really good . 
We decided to take a pizza home for Drew and his friend Vince that's visiting. 
Then I went into Hurley's and I grabbed a few things. 
Then we went next door and had an ice cream cone for our dessert.
It was our early dinner. We stopped and picked up the pizza, and once we arrived back with everyone opened up the box and it was actually a stromboli.
 But Drew loved it. He was starving. Jim finally remembered he needed it to fix the freezer door in the RV. 
I realized I couldn't find my phone and I looked everywhere. Everybody was helping me look. I told Jim, I don't know where else to look. 
He said " what if I picked it up and put it in my tool bag when I fixed the freezer door. "
 I said, " SO what you're saying it's your fault then. "
 So he ran over and guess what. 
I looked for 2 hours and it was in his tool bag the whole time, OMG. 

Tried to pack up. So excited for Huddle time. It will be great to see all of our friends and make new ones in New York at Watkins Glen,
Switch It Up Huddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment