Thursday, May 10, 2018

Well I guess instead of posting once a week it should me more like once a month. Wow has time flown by since we are back to work.

The week of April 22 we had all planned out, but not much happened. Jim had a eye doctor appointment but he had to cancel because his insurance was not up to date where he works yet.

Tuesday I had good intentions of going to TOPS, that never happened. I was not feeling well. In the middle of March I had a chronic condition come back, that was in remission as they say. So till I got that under control again, I didn't feel like going any where. Lets just say now that we are eating better and less, all is well now.
We did have to get our tire fixed that we bent the rim on, so Jim had found a place to take it. So I rode along with him to drop it off. Turned out it was cracked and had to be replaced.

Wednesday I had off from work. I was going to go to a couple of stores and try give blood, but I just procrastinated on that rather just stay home.

Thursday after work we were going to go to the Winners Circle but just didn't feel up to it.

Friday I got my nails done after work, what a pain and a long drive. But then we went to a restaurant, Quentin Tavern, really good, we enjoyed it I felt great. We went and stopped at the store and saw this funny sight.

Sat/Sun  I worked the weekend day shift, before we left I used to work the weekends 11:30 to 8 pm Now I'm home by 2:30 which is really nice. I have been working on getting the right hinges for cabinets, here is Jims work the before and after.

Tuesday I had a doctor appointment all is well and I'm back on track, feeling pretty good now.  Worked the rest of the week nothing really exciting happened. BUT Saturday was our first big moving day. We were going to say at TTH for the season but when we found out how much money it really was going to be, enough to keep us on the road for 2 months when we leave again, so we reluctantly decided to move back and forth on our out weeks. Having a place to go for the out week was the thing to try to figure out. We thought we would go to the Quentin Riding Club.

Well Saturday we got up and ready to move. Only 5 mile drive from where we are at TTH. I told him we are coming he said just call an hour before you get here and I will be here to direct you into your site. OK great. Remember this is where we got stuck in the mud, so it made us nervous, at least it did me. We arrived and he was no where around. I called no answer, I texted him, nothing. So we parked FW and drove around in the car to see where we were going to park. Not much here. Was hard to maneuver around the buildings and barns. We went to first empty spot and got parked and level and found sewer and water a little farther away, but doable, then realized the electric was not on there. So we hooked back up moved to the other side of the little creek that runs through there. backed in. We talked to Jims friend he works with, his daughter was there just moved her 3 horses there, I got to pet and smell her horses, OH how I missed that, we talked and discussed which horse she had I could ride sometime, that will be a wonderful day. The riding club guy finally called us back and we waited for him a bit. By now well over 2 hours had gone by, what a waste of time.

When he arrived he was sick all morning. He called a few people that he said were coming in with there rigs, the pipeline workers. Well we walked around and he talked about us staying in one spot then having to move in a day or so after that. I said to Jim under my breath ,lets go to TT PA Dutch. Which is a nice place just a lot of trees which we don't like driving around, and there is a gun shooting range close you can here quite well. And with the trees hard to get sat dish.  By now after 3 we didn't even eat lunch yet. We called PA Dutch they called back said they had a space for us, we ate quick leftover lunch, and off we went.

It also is only a few miles away, we came in parked and Jim went with guard in gulf cart to look at available sites, I followed, only a 2 seat cart, dumb. We picked one and headed over there. I said GO SLOW. It was not to bad, we got parked and set up and really enjoying our spot. Very private not a lot of people here, very woodsy site. A lot of trees had to come down because of the emerald ash borer, all though it does not look like they did, but for the big pile of wood on our site that was now ours. Jim had a fire 3 of the first 4 nights we were here, SO far. 

I worked early on Sunday and on Tuesday Keller Bros Ford came to work and picked up my car changed oil and got it inspected. That was nice now I have to do with the truck too.

I had off work WED and THURS what a nice time to relax and get some stuff done. No Sat TV here which I'm surprisingly ok with, but we get the main channels with our crank up TV antenna.  So I got up at 7 to watch the Today Show I made date balls for Jims lunch and Paleo ice cream sandwich. cookie made with almond flour and banana "ice cream" I went for a walk to get acclimated to this new CG.

They neighbor across from us said we can park the work van on his site, you can have 3 cars here unlike TTH. That was so nice of them, they are only here on weekends. You can also get a wash pass and wash your rigs/cars here too. I did my toes outside and changed the polish, I made chicken and yellow rice for dinner. Thurs I did four loads of cloths and vacuumed and made chicken quesadillas. It rained a little bit early in the day, but it is sunny and nice out now. What a great evening at home Jim will be here soon.

1 comment:

  1. We've never stayed at Pa Dutch TT. Since only in area a few weeks at a time and Hershey TT is so close to Terri's that's been it for us. See you in August.

    ReplyDelete