Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Moving Day to Peace River in Wauchula

Moving Day to Peace River in Wauchula 

Friday February 21, 2020

It was raining a little bit this morning, Jim took the garbage out with the golf cart, and then returned it. We hated  to get rid of it, we will miss it, was a lot of fun. We got ready and pulled out just before 11 heading to Peace River, in Wauchula.
When we arrived they told us our site number, so we drove all the way around it was already taken, they gave us a new one. We backed in put  two slides out and waited to sign up for the lottery. We got to see Neil and  Nancy. It was pretty cold today and windy. The Rain had stopped so we had a dry driving day, we were about 2 hours away.
We had a quick lunch, I went up to play flea market bingo. Take something of value and play to win someone else's crap. Later for dinner I made kielbasa and pierogies, we watched Netflix, I went to bed at 10, Jim went  later. Our neighbors had a fire in a really cool truck.
 Travel day is tiring hopefully tomorrow we get to move to a full hook-up site.

Saturday February 22, 2020

This morning got up at 7:30 ate  a bowl of cereal,  Jim and I went up with my bags I make to sell at the craft sale / pancake breakfast. There was only two people selling besides me. One was our neighbor, right next to us, they had one kid. I  had a nice chat with the ladies. Jim walked back. To get me just after 11:30,  we went back to the FW had a  quick lunch . Went to look at all the available sites. At 2 they do the lotto game,  11 sites available over 18 people in front of us. Most of them didn't show up we were the third in line we got our first pick of sites. Jim is a happy camper NOW.  We went back to the FW put everything away and drove around to our site, is one row between us and Nancy and Neil , too bad they leave in 2 days.
Later I walked over to get a picture of our first site and there was a couple driving a golf cart that look like a 57 Chevy. I asked him if he picks up hitchhikers, he said where do you want to go, so I said  back to our site. He gave me a ride a lot of fun.
After we got situated we went over there and had a nice long chat and a few adult beverages. Jim said it was National Margarita day. Later we came back had dinner and everybody came over here, Jim made a fire. Our neighbor heard us say we were having a fire, and she said what I'm not invited, you said sure come over. So glad she did, her name is Bonnie Denton she was wonderful and a lot of fun. Neil and Nancy left at 9, she stayed till after 10, so much fun awesome stories, they're from Texas / Oklahoma. They have a permanent site right behind us, she's going to have knee surgery on Wednesday.

Sunday February 23, 2020

I woke up today with a headache, later Aleve took care of that. Don't know what to eat for breakfast nothing I wanted. Bonnie texted me I wanted to see if I wanted to come over and see how she makes quesadillas in the IP with the new Air fryer lid she just bought. So I went over there, had  a nice chat, NOW  I want a new lid for my IP.
Came back went over and talked to Neil and Nancy for a bit, made  plans to go to lunch Giovanni's pizza place up the road. We left after 1, we followed Neal turned out the place was closed on Sunday, not much here in Wauchula. We had no plan B ended up going to this Mexican food truck place that was kind of a dump I didn't like it. Then we're heading over to Walmart, stopped at Wendy's first, had half a salad then went into Walmart, not a very nice one. Then we went to Winn-Dixie much better store. Came back 
 Wanted to work on the blog and Bonnie came up in her golf cart that she shares with her neighbor, wanted to know if I wanted to go on the booze cruise with her. So I jumped on, she had a friend from Canada named Francois, and Betty from Boston,  we  four wheeled it down along the water, she  dropped me off later. Worked on the blog again while Jim made a fire in  Bonnie's fire ring. 
Is the inside of a washer, funny thing is we saw one going down the road full of wood in the back of a golf cart, not them though.
 Then grilled some pork ribs for dinner. We had a Community fire again with all of us together. This Is The Life.

Monday February 24, 2020

This morning forgot to  make our green smoothie.  Went up at 10 for a  crafting 
Session with the ladies. Bonnie gave me a ride up. She was on her way to WalMart. Was fun to chat to everyone. Alot there working on different projects. I left right before 12, Bonnie was there to pick me up again. They had a vegetable guy selling produce. I bought a few things oranges potatoes and corn on the cob. Bonnie dropped me off at the FW.
 I was texting with Nancy we decided to try Giovanni's again for pizza for lunch. Jim and I left first, went to the hardware store first met them there had a nice lunch leftovers for tomorrow. Didn't get a picture but really pretty outside with a fountain and birds of paradise.
We said goodbye for now Jim and I stopped at a Family Dollar before we went back to the FW.
Later they had a Mardi Gras golf cart parade through the CG. Bonnie had the golf cart they share with the neighbor decorated she invited me to Ride Along with her two other lady friends, was a lot of fun Jim got a picture.
 Jim grilled some chicken, turkey burger and some little beef tenderloins for later.
 We had a fire again everyone came over our last night together all of us. Bonnie and her neighbor lady friend Mo stopped by to say hi. We did not stay up as late tonight.
Went in to watch The Voice, Sat  dish was messing up, so I missed a little but can find it later.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I miss about Full timing. The socializing. You are quite the social butterfly. Can Jim keep up?

    ReplyDelete