Friday, August 11, 2023

Going HOME

Going HOME 

Saturday August 5, 2023

We got up this morning with no sense of urgency to start packing up. We enjoyed are coffee, I made Jim breakfast. 
Neil and Nancy stopped by unannounced to say goodbye. She even commented that it didn't look like we were packing up to get out of there. We did have reservations to stay until tomorrow, but we are ready to go back to our fifth wheel home.
 We said goodbye to them and started getting ready.
 Still is amazing how quick it is to pack everything up in the motorhome. 
We pulled out about 11:30. Then we went to get gas. Our official departure was 12:12.
 We didn't stop till we got to the Buckhorn and I went into Aldi's. 
On the way out this guy that was so chatty in the store I kept noticing. Actually he stopped and talked to Jim, he said he was jealous and always wanted to travel in an RV. They talked for a few minutes, he was asking Jim a million questions. I put groceries away.

 I pulled out turkey burgers to heat up for lunch with a few things I bought. We did try to turn the generator on to heat them up. David said it worked, but it wouldn't keep running. So we still enjoyed our cold turkey burgers and macaroni salad from the store.
As we continued on our travels to the cabin, I always wanted to stop at this Lake. Weiser Forest District 
I thought it would be a great place to Boondock back in here, with a view of the lake. To my surprise Jim actually pulled in, we walked around the beautiful Lake and unfortunately there's no overnight camping allowed.
They just word it weird, NO motorized camping.
 After 30 years of driving by, now we know. He stopped in the motor home but never would have pulled in with our Big wheel.
 Then we left and arrived at the cabin house close to 4:30 p.m. so much stuff to carry in, Jim and I took turns. I spent most the night putting everything away. 
Later we both took showers and I made salads for Jim and I, Drew had some chicken he smoked in the fridge we also ate. Haven't seen David yet. So excited to sleep in our own bed tonight.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 
August 6, 7 and 8

We did not do that much. Nothing really worth writing about, blah blah blah. We packed up, put golf cart in and worked on curtains, boring stuff like that. 
Jim did go with Drew to pick up a quarter of a steer he ordered. They were gone for hours. So mommy had a lot of quiet time but she enjoyed it. 

The only other major thing we did to get ready to leave was I tried on some dresses. It was Major for me anyway.
I have them stored here in the house.
 The one was my mother's dress we're guessing it's 60 to 70 years old. 
Also my wedding dress, 
and a green one that Jim saw first. He totally forgot a picture. I want to donate the green one and 1 other ones. I will try the green one on and get a picture before I do. I tried my mother's dress a year ago and not even close to fitting. I never saw her thin. Never realized how small she was back then, until I tried on that dress.

 Wednesday is travel day and we leave the cabin. We'll be sad to say goodbye to my brothers. But we are ready to start traveling so looking forward to Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment