Sunday, August 6, 2023

Trying to celebrate MIL Birthday

Trying to celebrate MIL birthday 

Wednesday August 2, 2023
This morning I got up first Jim and I had breakfast together.
The class C across the road this morning pulled out. She saw our door open and came over said her name was Janet and her husband Steve. They were leaving for the day but it's their only vehicle so they come back later. They had problems with people moving their stuff thinking they forgot it. But they don't have a car either. I told her she needs a site occupied sign. We chatted for a minute and they are doing the same thing we are. They have 40 ft Class A motorhome and just bought a smart car. And they're using the Class C motorhome with one slide having a little holiday away too. I explained our situation and said oh we should chat later. There's a picture of them leaving.
 We enjoying the morning, and before we knew it it was noon. Neil came over to take us over to my mother-in-law. Jim was half afraid to call her because she's being weird about borrowing the car for the last time before she returns it. Trying to figure out what we're going to do is difficult. 
Then I was trying to figure out how to get Mia. I ended up talking to her mom and we're going to pick her up tomorrow and surprise her with the motorhome here. We will be able to keep her overnight.
 So while Jim and Neil chatted, I called Brigitte. I just told her he was in the bathroom and when he comes out our friend is bringing us over for a visit. She said okay and everything was fine. Yesterday she said she didn't want to go out she's making it very hard to help celebrate her birthday. So we left with Neil arrived at Brigitte's house she came out we sat out in front of the garage on chairs. 
I signaled to Jim to ask her if she wanted to go for a drive somewhere. To his surprise she said yes so we all jumped in the car, took a long drive went out to the Fort Indiantown Military Reservation, where my father-in-law was buried. After all these years living here, they are finally making it so you can't drive right through the base anymore.
 Talked about going to Taco Bell, she wanted a taco salad. Later we ended up going to Moose's LZ in the Gap and had a wonderful lunch together. Then we took her back home.

 I ran into the drugstore and then we went in to get beer. Came back to the campground. Later I heated up some of John's chicken parm and lasagna soup I had brought for dinner. Jim sat outside and listened to music while I watched my new favorite show on my phone. Really liking the YouTube TV and I can watch it anywhere. Albeit on my small phone, but better than nothing.

Thursday August 3, 2023

This morning we slept in late again. After our leisurely breakfast and coffee,  we went up to RV Value Mart next door to the campground. Jim found a faucet in there that the motorhome needed outside shower area was leaking. After he bought that we headed towards Womelsdorf to pick up Mia. 
After we picked her up we took the back  roads home and told Jim to drive past work.  I said wow this would be a good time to pop in and visit my former place of employment with Mia. 

So to my surprise, he pulled in I texted Terri and she said we could come in. Didn't take any pictures except for this beautiful new mosaic tile decoration they had hanging.
 This is a nursing home and we visited with all three of my former supervisors. I saw a few former co-workers, as Jim waited in the car. 
Then we went back to the campground, Jim got out the Ninja and we heated up the last of John's chicken parm. Had our chicken casserole that I had Frozen we finished that. 
After lunch we went for a walk to the mini golf. Mia got two holes in one. Then we stuck our feet in the pool but it was very cold. Mia and I went for a little walk and picked raspberries and huckleberries which she loves. 
We came back to the motorhome and it felt like it was going to rain. But it never did,  so we started dinner a little after 5:00 p.m.. she was dying to make deviled eggs, so I put three in the instant pot with some potatoes. She totally made the deviled eggs on her own. 
Then we grilled turkey burgers and made roasted olive oil and garlic potatoes on the Ninja.
 Neil and Nancy stopped by for a minute we chatted they are having a campfire later. After dinner we went down to the fire and enjoyed their company.
 Mia was watching some TV inside while we all sat out at the fire. After we went home after 9:00 p.m. Mia and I went up to take showers before bed.

Friday August 4, 2023

Mia kept us up late last night so Jim and I woke up in like 9:15. She popped her little head out at almost 10:00 a.m.
 I made the breakfast. 
Her and I got ready when she went to the bath house. And then we left to go to Giants to get his mom a card and flowers for her birthday today. We arrived at her house about 2:00 in the afternoon. 
She was just eating some leftover breakfast. We chatted for a while then went to Taco Bell she wanted a taco salad. We met Travis there and ate and then we took it back to her house we all visited for quite a while. Thomas showed up about 6:30. 
We had a nice visit with Brigitte. We took off about 7:30 saying goodbye to Travis and Mia. Then Thomas took us back to the campground so we could leave his mom's car there. 
I grilled chicken on a Ninja. Yellow rice in the instant pot and some mixed vegetables in the microwave. We had a nice dinner with Thomas. He stayed until about 9:30 or so. He looks fantastic and said he lost another 5 lb. It's a wonderful day when I can see both my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment