Monday, November 20, 2023

Sunrise, Tropical Rain Storm, Sunset

Sunrise, Tropical Rain Storm, Sunset 

Tuesday November 14, 2023

Today I was up for the sunrise and got a few beautiful pictures. 
Love photographing birds.
Later Jim and I went for a walk, this guy and his kids were cleaning fish. The Pelicans know where to hang out, you can't feed them though. 
But it was definitely bringing in the nurse sharks. Jim and I saw five at least. There was one shark that was huge,  although we have no photographic evidence of the sharks, because my camera phone is terrible. They were all around the fish cleaning area. 
We watched a guy as he brought in his boat.
 Later I took a walk and went to see the sunset. They have a lovely huge Cabana to watch.
Tonight we're supposed to get rain. It started before we went to bed.

Wednesday November 15, 2023

Today we got up and it literally rained all day long. I mean torrential rains. The weather kept saying it's not going to be a named tropical storm, because it's attached to a low front. OK then.

We watched as our neighbor next to us packed up in the pouring rain. Less than an hour after he pulled out they backed another huge beautiful motorhome in. We watched them set up in the rain. 
We got a total of over 6 in of rain. Literally non-stop all day pouring. We did not go outside all day. I wanted to get a picture out the window, but never did. I really wanted it to stop, so I could squeegee, the camper is definitely getting rinsed off now.
We kept watching the weather all day long. 
About 11:30 pm we decided to go to bed. We know sooner got settled in and the camper was rocking like it never did before, and not in the good way.  lol
 I was never so nervous during a storm since we've been in this fifth wheel. I told Jim I can't do it, I can't just lay here. 
So I got up, it was so windy. I was thinking when the fifth wheel left this morning, be nice if that site stayed empty until we leave. Nope,  I'm so glad we had another huge windbreak next to us. And so glad the jungle and the solid building was behind us.
 I just watched out the window and the golf cart was rocking back and forth, was incredible. So scary to watch, so afraid it was going to tip over. Could not believe how the fifth wheel was shaking.
 Amazingly we never lost power the whole day.
 This Resort is truly a Resort. They use that word loosly a lot in the RV World, it's not always the case. But some of the things I love, they pick up the garbage right at your site. It's barely out there for half an hour or less till it's gone. When something needs done it's taken care of right away. 
They're constantly sending you texts updating you on things. They would tell you when they're playing music at the restaurant, Ocean 305, it's called. They tell you when the laundromats closed, they tell you when it opens up again. It's all stones don't have sand to deal with.
 But nothing about the storm or what to do. I even texted them "now what do we do, " got nothing.
We watched the weather before we went to bed. This storm just wasn't predicted. 
 I was awake till almost 1:00 am, finally felt like it slowed down a little and went to bed. Jim never got out of bed, he said he was feeling seasick. But he never did go to sleep until after I went back upstairs.

Thursday November 16, 2023 

This morning  I went out with the garbage and our neighbor Mike came out, we chatted about last night and the crazy storm. People cannot believe how bad it was.
We took a walk around to see everything. This tree was down on the pickleball court.
 We had talked to a lady that has a black brand new Cricket like ours. Well ours isn't new. She's from Arkansas, a very recent widow, and has a lovely little dog named Ellie. She told us that the water was halfway up the tires and  flooded this morning when she got up. She thinks the storm killed it. She was sick about it. She has someone going to work on it, we crossed our fingers for her that it is able to come back to life. She is not very ambulatory, so she needs it to get around. Very lovely lady.
We continued our walk, watching the birds and and the iguanas. Have to stop taking pictures of iguanas. 
Later we went back for the sunset
 and came home to make dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment