Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Oaks at Point South South Carolina

The Oaks at Point South 
South Carolina 

Tuesday April 30, 2024

It was nice this morning to have time to relax. We enjoyed our coffee and breakfast. Then before lunch we went for a walk around the campground. 
We bought two bundles of firewood and took them back to the RV.
 Then we went for a walk around the lake 
saw a couple snakes.
We were next door at the KOA, it's nice.
You can rent a cabin, trolley or train car
 As we were almost home and walking back in the drive where you enter the campground, I started picking up trash.  It was an enjoyable thing to do at the Huddle community give back. Jim walked ahead and  arrived before I did. I kept picking up trash and filling up some bags I found along the way, until I could no longer carry it. I made a pile of it, got back to the RV. Washed my hands really well.

 Then we had lunch together and I grabbed some more trash bags and continued on my quest. 
After I got back, I took a shower. Jim got a campfire going later, after dinner, he put it out.  We went up to play the Left Right Center, dice game.
 It was a lot of fun Lisa and Doug were there. They were just at the Switch It Up Huddle too. Had a lovely chat. The couple that sat next to Jim, Priscilla and Steve, we talked about switch it up and they love the fact that they're a faith-based group. 
I gave her one of there cards and told her to check them out. We had a lovely time, we played five games and Jim won 3 games. 
You play with quarters, and it was a total of $16. 
As we were saying goodbye to everyone, I asked if anybody was going to the grocery store tomorrow. Lisa said she just went today. I said darn I wish I knew, another lady said she was going early tomorrow morning. I said, OH, how early. She was leaving at 7:00 a.m. she was lovely and offered to buy me what I needed, which was just lactate free milk and strawberries. Very nice of her I gave her my card so she could call me when she got home.
We decided not to bother taking the car off for only 3 nights.

We got home a little after 9:00 and watched a little TV before bed.

Wednesday May 1, 2024

This morning I was up first a little before 7:00 a.m.. enjoying coffee, I was hoping we could get away with it being dry here for the first time ever. But last night it poured like crazy. Woke up to quite the puddles all around us, and a little muddy now. 
Then about 8:30 am, the lady, not sure of her name, she called me and said she had my milk and strawberries. She brought them right to our door, so incredibly nice. I paid her and thanked her again.

 Later after Jim was up I made us both a hot breakfast, fried potatoes and onions, eggs and sausage, with a bagel thin. Later I listen to a NoBS call, as I worked on laundry. 
Jim was outside washing the Volvo windshield.
 I also washed my hair and repainted my nails. Later for lunch I made him a ham sandwich, and I ate one of the last burrito bowls. Our pre-made Food is almost all gone. 
Later Jim was out and had a campfire. Few people stop him and talked about the truck, I heard him talking again, one of the neighbors stopped and asked him to borrow the Sawzall. 

Worked a lot on the blog the last couple days. I gave him a burger to cook on his fire . He's been a little difficult to cook for lately. When I was a kid, I was raised  on eating leftovers multiple days, and it doesn't bother me in the least . But lately he's been whining about it. So I made a little pasta to go with it , grilled some onions and found some good beef gravy in the freezer.  And heated up the last of the zucchini pie, it made for quite the lovely meal for him. We just relaxed for the rest of the night.

Thursday May 2, 2024

This morning we got up had coffee and I packed a travel Day lunch to take with us in the Volvo. 
We didn't have to leave till 11:00 a.m. as we only have one hour drive just under 60 miles I think. 
I get my morning walk in, as I follow Jim making the turns out of the campground here at the Oaks at Point South.
 We had lovely hour drive went so quickly, I believe because of our incredible new Comfort level.  I know I have my porta potty right there. LOL no potty anxiety. I remembered we hit the brakes one day and it flipped on its side. Didn't want that to happen again. So I remembered  and Jim gave me a little piece of rope and I tied it to the table leg.
 We arrived at Oak Plantation campground with the Switch Crew.
 We checked in and we have a lovely spot, the crew is spread out a little more than what they wanted. But it's fine. 
We got set up super humid day again, lovely huge trees for shade. we ate our pre-packed lunch. 
Jim took a shower and I made a bag of Jim and Nick's biscuits to take up to our gathering.
Planes going over, we must be in a flight path, Jim said this was a military plane.
 Later we went up and met everyone and had appetizers for dinner.. everyone that's here just left the Huddle, we met in TTO, on a golf cart ride.
there is a few people I don't know yet but we definitely will before we leave. 
Schedule of planned activities.

Jim went home a little early and I stayed till after 9:00, finally getting to chat with Cindy. Until the bugs started really coming out in full force. 
I got to meet Kelly and she drove me back as they are right behind us in a beautiful motorhome. I was going to walk, but it was super dark in the campground. 
I took a shower and Jim and I were going to watch Survivor but he got a call from Byron, so we chatted with him for an hour. 
He was Thanking us again how great our car, Ford Escape has been that we sold him almost 2 years ago now. And he's looking forward to our return to PA. At least one of us is, LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment