Saturday, May 4, 2024

Worship and Donuts Donuts and Goodbyes

Worship and Donuts
Donuts and Goodbyes 

Sunday April 28, 2024

Today we got up in time without setting the alarm clock. I made Jim a lite breakfast, and we went up to gather for Worship 
and Donuts. 
Todd speaks first, but just explains how Sheila is the one with a gift of sharing her heart and message to the Crew. 
I think everyone comes, to join Todd and Sheila in prayer.
Basically Switch It Up started because of her grief Journey, losing her Dad, just over 3 years ago now I think. 
Todd makes everyone laugh and then Sheila talks, always tears up when she talks about her Dad.  Then I did too.. 
Was so beautifully spoken, through laughter and tears.
They had a girl and a guitar playing  the songs they picked out.
When they finished and everyone had there fill of Donuts, lol, we all set out for lunch on your own and then the group is splitting up into special interest activities of your choosing.

 There was pickleball for experienced and beginning players that are just learning. Robert Barclay was helping teach, FYI he is also a ski instructor, of course he is. I think he looks like one. Which is a good thing.
Wanted to go, but too sunny for me to be out that long :(
 They went on a motorcycle ride, 
Our neighbors Val and Kev leaving for the ride.
ebike rides, 
Sondra from Big Truck Big Travels, talked about scrapbooking. I wanted to listen.
While all that was going on Jim had ran to Harbor Freight again. He needed to replace the whole winch, to use for the Smart car. The new wireless remote we purchased, when we were with Robert and Dina didn't work. He needed to replace the whole winch.
So after he returned I fed him lunch, and he worked for quite a few hours, well till dinner time, to replace the winch. 
He said it fought him the whole way. Once he had the whole thing installed, the solenoid didn't want to work, so he had to replace that too. 
At one point Jack and Mary stopped on there quickie golf cart. Alot of people stopped by, to see if they could help. 
At that point Jim needed a red wire nut. Jack went on the hunt for one, he said I'll go door to door if I have to.LOL 
I also put it on our Facebook Huddle group. They helped him find one quickly. 
I walked all around the campground took trash out. 
Saw Todd talking with our neighbor Eric, he has the 2007 White Volvo. I wanted to go over. I made a few more laps around. 
3 red lines, represent  Volvo in the picture. Eric on L Robert way in back, us on the R.
Then I couldn't help it, I went over, mainly listening. Ok I had some things to share, lol. Todd and Eric were both great, with a " girl " who wanted to talk trucks. 
Eric was installing lights. Todd said turn them on tonight so we can see them. He said  he will. 
Todd said goodbye and said he would finish his one wheel ride. I talked with Eric a bit longer, I had questions. He so sweetly answered them. Then I let him get back to work. For the record Todd interrupted him first, lol.
All that happened before Jim got back.

As it was getting close to our last caterd dinner together. 
I went up and got seats, waited till the line died down, till then Jim had to shower and was ready. 
I walked past Scott and Deanna who came in yesterday. Met them in Orlando with our twin Volvo. 
I never did get to say hi. I just can't go knock on someone's door, although I really wanted to, (I'm SHY ) lol but I resisted. That time.

Then I walked up with Jim and we had dinner together they started out with lasagna and garlic bread and salad but they were out of lasagna till then. Which was good, cuz I gave him lasagna soup for lunch. They also had chicken alfredo which we both enjoyed, along with cheesecake for dessert.
 We sat with Robert and Julia with the custom travel home. What a great couple they are. Also sat with Ayran and Paul.
 After dinner Todd invited everyone over to the SpaceCraft to watch a three and a half minute video. 
It was quite entertaining, but you just had to be there. 
The bugs were slowly starting to come out but we walked around talking with everyone. We were out talking with Val and Kev. 
I few people wanted to see how we loaded the Smart car. We were going to tonight. Kev offered to help. Almost didn't, Kev said let's just do it NOW.
OK so we did, put the truck in empty site behind us.
Eric drove by in his golf cart. I asked if he had any tips for us. He was loading up too. 
Almost dark when we finished. 
Jim driving back around after we loaded it. Thanked everyone.
Eventually going home, Jim was pretty tired and the bugs, oh man... my long pants helped.. and it really cools off after dark.
Eric's lights, 
first we stopped over with Val and Kev and talked with him. I think I want Jim to install some lights too. 
I decided to go up to Jennifer's Brinkley, as they said they were having a campfire tonight. So I walked up and Eddie was also there with Michelle and Bob. I stayed till about 9:30 and then walked home. It was lovely spending time with all of them. 
It's SAD the last full day.

Monday April 29, 2024

This morning we also woke before the alarm. Packed up what we could. Put one slide in before we went up. Ate some protein banana oatmeal cookies for a lite breakfast and had Donuts again, I took a few bites this time. 

It's time for hugs and goodbyes, sad. Here's a picture of Cheese and Nancyand friends, Dina took a video of the whole crowd and she got me in the end. 
Wish I knew how to put a video on here, this is me in the end. My phone doesn't have a lot of capacity for videos anyway. 
We continue to say goodbye talking to Jack and Mary,  Dina and Robert, Julia and Robert Barclay, Sondra and David Kahanamoku and many more. I wanted to stay an hour or two longer. But everyone started putting tables and chairs away so we worked our way back to the RV. 
Waving goodbye to Eric as they pulled out. 
We only have a half an hour drive today to The Oaks at Point South. So we pulled out right at 11:00 a.m. 
waving goodbye as Scott stood with David at their Spacecraft on the way out. 
What a great huddle.

 Jim and I arrived at Thousand Trails it was almost noon by now. Couldn't resist a picture under the trees as we went to check in. 
We pulled in, as I walked along and watched him park.. 
We got situated and set up and I got lunch together.
Later the neighbor guy behind us came over and chatted. They have been here a week, but leave tomorrow.
He said most people just come in for a night, leaving the next day.
Now we can rest....lol

1 comment:

  1. What did you say about not knocking on someone's door? I never knew you to have a problem with making yourself known. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete