Friday, May 1, 2020

TWO days left in Florida

TWO days left in Florida 

Tuesday April 28, 2020

I was up first again, made coffee. Jim made himself 2 bacon and egg sandwiches with 2 biscuits leftover from Cracker Barrel. I had my oatmeal and blueberries with my yogurt.
We sat outside ALOT today, was so beautiful out, kept moving to stay out of the sun. Jim put a few twigs in the fire ring from last nights fire. He loves doing that, no matches used. Before long we had a nice day fire.
I did 4 loads of laundry and hung it all outside to dry. Great day for it. That is one job I love doing.
Made salads with chicken and hard boiled eggs. 
Sat outside MORE, the love bugs were out, everywhere. Was texting a new friend in Pa now, they are coming back to Florida. They are from here, in Florida. Worked in Pa last 7 years. Her parents are in Florida. I asked them about the bugs, I didn't know they were the love bugs.
Had the second plate of fried catfish. Leftover from Cracker Barrel, Was so good.
Not much on TV tonight. Jim went to bed late, but before me, I went later.

Wednesday April 29, 2020

Jim was up first. I had oatmeal and blueberries with my yogurt he made his own breakfast really closer to lunch time.
Our schedule is so messed up right now.
I made my hair wet and sat on the picnic table with a scissors and a mirror and gave myself a trim. Went inside to wet my hair again is it dried too fast. I was trying to channel my dad's good hair cutting skills, he was a barber for many, many years. Jim said he couldn't tell I really cut it.
Lady here by herself in an older Bounder with Beigle dog, has been here forever too,
Moved to a site behind us. That was something to watch for awhile.
I made 2 salads, ate one will have the other tomorrow, Jim not feeling salads right now. Later he made himself a grilled ham and cheese.
Still not sure what I will make for dinner.
Sat outside for awhile.
Took shower washed my hair, after my haircut.
Can't believe we leave Florida on Friday.
Ready to move on, think we BOTH have hitch itch.
I had some leftover ricotta cheese, and some lasagna noodles I broke in half and put in the IP. I made stuffed lasagna roll-ups. Gave Jim some veggies on the side, not liking  it so much.
Watched Survivor, Jim went to bed first.
I went much later, then couldn't fall asleep.
Was supposed to rain between 2 and 6. I was still awake at 2:05 am heard it start to rain. Heavy rain at times, heard a branch hit the roof. We never did get the bad storms they said we're possible. I was still awake after 3. Great....

Thursday April 30, 2020

I was up first, Jim was right behind me.
Watched The Today for awhile. The rain continued till afternoon. We got ready to go do our last errands before we leave tomorrow morning. 
Next to Walmart there's a Goodwill ,  so he went and dropped off the items I purged from the kitchen the other week .  Then we went to Walmart, need to just a few groceries. Then we went to Burger King for a quick lunch. This beauty as we drove in. Then we drove through Brownwood a little more traffic today. Here pictues beautiful sky. 
Then we  filled up the truck with diesel first time to do so this month. Some guy was hollering your overflowing, to the guy in front of him, an old guy was on the other side of his car and gas was just pouring out. Gave me such a head ache. For some reason it didn't shut off. Then we headed back to the campground. Jim started putting things away I unpack the groceries. Did two more loads of laundry put them outside. Once the rain stopped at noon it was so beautiful out.
Jim started cleaning outside and putting things away, as I did the same on the inside. He grilled some chicken for travel food. Jim dumps the tanks, I filled them on the inside, he dumped again, then put 5 minutes of water in plus our Tank Tech Rx, ready for travel.
I took a shower and washed my hair, later Jim did the same. I made it turkey meatloaf with spinach and cheese in the center for dinner. We'll be able to have leftovers as we travel. I put a pot of yogurt on for tomorrow it will be ready at 7:30 a.m. found out it makes a good alarm clock. I always hear the pot beeping when finished.
Last Day in Florida.



2 comments:

  1. I never knew about Lovebugs until Leonard and visiting Louisiana. Oh my gosh, they do stick to windshields and wherever else they hit.

    Happy traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bugs do make quite a mess.
    Glad you enjoyed your stay in Florida.
    Jim should learn to enjoy Vegetables as they have natural Antioxidants that will block him from catching Viruses. Might just have to find a different way of eating them.
    You are probably back in PA by now. The Northeastern part of the US is still a Hot Zone for Covid-19.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Social Distancing.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete