Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Rain, Pizza and crafting

Rain, Pizza and crafting

Friday April 24, 2020

Woke up early hearing heavy rain. Then I heard my IP beep at 7, yogurt was ready. An hour and half later I got up and put it in the fridge. Made coffee and watched neighbor who had an RV teck stop by to help him with his potty install.
It was getting late, I went up and said  y'all awake. 
I made us breakfast and watched The Today Show.
Jim's Mom called and we talked to her for
awhile. 
I was working on my purse making craft, finished my pillow.
Then we had to change our reservation dates around AGAIN.
Jim friend's wife called, we all chatted, she said see was going nuts all the cooking and kids home all the time.
We ordered pizza Flippers they delivered with DoorDash. Was really good. 
I cleaned up and put some potatoes in 6 qt IP, and some elbows in 3 qt one, made small amount macaroni salad.
We walked up to get rid of one of the pizza boxes, have some leftover for tomorrow.
Walking back talked to a guy from home area, we talked to him for awhile.
I went in first put food away that I just made in pots. Washed dishes.
When Jim came in we watched My Lottery Dream HOME  with David Bromstad, on HGTV. 
He went to bed, at midnight, I watched my shows.

Saturday April 25, 2020

Jim was up way before I was. I heard him before I got up that he made his own breakfast, YEA. When I got up I had my oatmeal concoction   and coffee. We watched some news and weather. We both showered. Then we got a call from Nancy inviting us to a virtual happy hour today at 4. We had the leftover pizza for lunch. We got ready for our day out to get a few things.
First we went for a drive around Spanish Springs.
Then we stopped at Camping World, found a few things. Was really hot out, truck said it was 92.
Then WinnDixie, in The Villages, I had a good list of things I wanted. Alot of things they didn't have. Like tissues, Dawn dishwashing soap, TP, napkins, Lysol wipes, hand soap etc.
We drove by Lake Sumter Landing, and took a drive through Brownwood. These are the deserted roads around both.
We stopped at Publix to fill our water jugs. Never did find more wood.
Jim and I realized we were not going to be back in time to make the happy hour phone call. So when she called at 4:07 we were still driving. We continue to talk with Neil and Nancy, and Mike and Mandy were on. We had a nice chat Jim brought all the groceries in. We sat and talked for a while,  Jim helped hold the phone and talked while I put everything away and started chicken in the IP. We talked for a good hour said our goodbyes. I continued cooking and putting things away. Jim went out and turned on the grill. He grilled some boneless ribs one piece of chicken I didn't put in the pot, I will use for salad. And  grilled two tuna steaks are we having for dinner tonight.
I was watching Naked and Afraid that I had recorded in the DVR. He was sitting outside I heard him talk to a few people passing by. Our old neighbor stopped and said he had masks for us.
We had dinner and chilled. 

Sunday April 26, 2020

I was up first this morning. We did alot of sitting around today, insiide then outside.
We binge watch this show, guy from Florida builds Insane  pools, Lucas Lagoons. 
We walked up to our old neighbor and got the 2 face masked he had for us. Gave him a donation for them.
We talked with guy from Pa again, when he walks his dog by us, Molly. Was so nice chatting with him.
Was getting late, close to 7 or so. Went inside and heated up for dinner what I made in the IP last night. Chicken, potatoes and carrots, made a really good gravy with all that broth. Was really good Jim liked it alot too. 
Went to bed late, again.

Monday April 27, 2020

I woke up a 4 something and 6 something.
Jim got out of bed first. We watched some news, then stuff I had in the DVR. I had oatmeal and made Jim some eggs, sausage and fried potato for breakfast. We watched more TV he took a shower and we had a lite snack then we got ready and went to a recycle center Jim found to try to get rid of the broken TV. Then while we were driving there are phone started blowing up, as people we knew we're telling us about the campgrounds in PA are now opening on the 1st, again. His boss called him first on the phone we talked to him for a minute. His hair is so long we told him not sure if he'll be able to get it cut before he goes back to work. Jim might have to buzz it himself. We did not make it to the recycle center in time as they close at 4. Which Jim told me that too late and again we did not leave in time,
We drove it to see where the place was, and Sign said NO TV's,  really, we are going to end up taking it back to Pa. 
 So we had looked up a Cracker Barrel and pulled in the parking lot and placed an order for fried catfish french fries. we took it back to the FW. we ate one today will have the other for lunch tomorrow. we shared the catfish and hush puppies put the french fries in the air fryer, he also had a potato casserole and what they called dumplings. We call it something different at home in PA. He loved it all it was very good. we went outside it was so beautiful out Grilled some chicken for salads tomorrow.
 I did something I never did before. We were sitting outside I just started looking at Facebook. I belong to IP groups where people ask questions about their instant pots. And some lady named Lisa asked how to make chicken, quartered potatoes with cream of chicken soup. I told her I could tell her but it would be so much easier to talk to her. I didn't know how to call her, so long story short she ended up calling me. We chatted for a while as I told her how to put everything in the pot how much water at what time, where to put the potatoes. What to do, what not to do. I told her how the pot would countdown pressure cook and then count up as it went to the warm setting. I told her it was okay if she called me back after the pot naturally released for 12 minutes. she took the lid off and stirred and added her cream of chicken  soup per my direction. It was so tender as it was falling apart, and said it was just like she wanted it. It was a lot of fun to be able to help her out, she said she couldn't wait to eat it. 
I was going through a cabinet, above dresser in bedroom on Jim's side. I didn't look in there for awhile. I found more cards I had made with our full time info on it. Didn't realize I had another box, YEA.
Jim made a fire,  we sat outside for a while I came in, cleaned up, worked on this Blog, and watched The Voice.
So infact they did change the opening date of our CG in Pennsylvania AGAIN. So tomorrow we have to change dates around AGAIN, back to where they were last time.
Can't believe we leave Florida in 3 days.

2 comments:

  1. If I read this right, you leave Florida tomorrow, Thursday? Whew.

    Get some shears and you trim Jims hair. Mine is longer than it has been in many, many years. I think I might let it grow a bit more if I can stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Grilled Catfish with Okra and Sweet Potato Fries from Cracker Barrel.
    If you do leave Florida in Three Days keep an eye on the weather. The Radar doesn't look good right now.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete