Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Best Boondocking Night

Best boondocking Night

Thursday  September 14, 2023
Cabela's in East Hartford Connecticut 

We got up and had a leisurely breakfast, didn't have to leave today till 11:00 a.m.. we are ready to get out of this giant sandbox, in Rochester Massachusetts. 
 Here's some pictures where you can see the sites, and the road, everything is just sand and a mess. When it rained it was a river running everywhere. 
We left and headed to East Hartford Connecticut, we planned on boondocking at a Cabela's tonight.
We had a lovely travel day was beautiful out today. We had our leftover subs from yesterday for lunch on the road.
We arrived at Cabela's a little before 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon. We followed the signs that pointed to the RV parking area. It's good we arrived when we did, as it was filling up. 
Jim pulled in the first spot, we had a nice shade tree, garbage can, even a water faucet. It appeared to be locked but it wasn't, he did take a gallon from it at one point. There was all kinds of unique RVs there. 
The weather was perfect to Boondock.
Not to hot,  not to cold.
Jim got the generator all set up and ready to start. 
First we made sure it was okay to stay the night.
 Then we proceeded to look for a good rain coat for Jim. We ended up finding one. I'm glad we bought it here, instead of LL Bean. 
  A couple that was walking by. I heard him say they're from Pennsylvania. I went out and talked to them while Jim was still in the shower.
 They were a lovely couple traveling in this little a-liner Style trailer. They've been out for 3 weeks and they are from Iowa. He was very chatty and she wanted to go in to eat, she said they haven't eaten since breakfast. I told Jim for her sake I hope there's food in there, but there might not be. Turns out there wasn't. Covid shut all them down.
 She said she had food,  she just didn't feel like eating hers.
It was so funny because he mentioned that this trip has been a lot of togetherness for them. I guess I'm not the only one.
That all  took place before we went in.

We eventually came out this guy was parked next to us. Glad I didn't have to watch him squeeze in that spot, would have made me nervous. Jim said he is a professional. Ok
 We had dinner in the RV. I had salads ready to go, we sat outside to eat, it was lovely evening. Once we finished, I decided to go back in myself and walk around. Jim said we should have looked for a stove top toaster like we used to have. A lot nicer to use when you boondock.
Unless it's super hot out. I did find one eventually came out just as it was getting dark.
 We watched a little TV had great internet and  I showered and we went to bed. I feel like this is one of the best boondocking stops ever.


1 comment:

  1. Hey!!!! BW people tell me WE are the best boondocking stop ever.

    ReplyDelete