Thursday, September 28, 2023

Seven Days back "Home"

Seven Day's back "Home"

Monday September 18, 2023

This week marks a back " Home " week packed full of doctor appointments,  errands, and " see you next year ".

WARNING ...Boring REAL Life Stuff AHEAD
 This was our home for 25 years, over 6 years ago.

This morning we were up and had breakfast and coffee, while watching the leaf forecast, it's a thing here, in Pennsylvania.
Off to the cardiologist to see Dr Shipe for Jim at 10:45. Jim did great and passed his appointment with flying colors. 
After that we went back to the RV and had leftover Chinese food for lunch, and changed our clothes.
 Then we went over to Byron, I went with his wife Vicky. I offered to help them clean one of their houses to get it ready for sale. 
Jim went to see his Mom again. We only cleaned a few hours, and then she let us keep the car for a week. YES, The one we sold to them last year when we moved. Great selling to a friend. So generous.
So I was in my glory and took " my " car and couldn't go right home, so I stopped at the dollar store for things I needed. It's amazing how much joy I can get out of that.

Tuesday September 19, 2023

 I was up early this morning. Heard people a few sites up from us. Jim said they were trying to pull a FW out that had a fire. We had found out a guy installed lithium batteries himself, below his LP bottles, and they had caught fire.
I had made a nail appointment for 8:00 a.m. all the way out in Bethel, 45 minutes away. Had to get up at 6:30 a.m.. so worth it, decided to put on gel polish with Mary, the lady that did my nails for 20 years. 
I'm eventually going to buy a light and polish and do them myself. That's the plan, went out to Mary and had a great appointment.
 She gave this a huge box of produce  a client brought in for her to get rid of.
 Then I went to vacuum out the car, it was driving driving me crazy. So dirty, I hate a dirty floor.
Then I had made arrangements to go see our old neighbor Mary, Mary #2, lol. We had a lovely visit and she made us coffee. Esther's was closed.
We walked over to our former house next door, got to meet the new neighbors. They moved in about a year ago. The people we sold it to only stayed 5 years, but they were Amish and ruined the electric for them. They had to get all new wiring, we found out.
View of our barn, where we kept our 2 horses, from inside Mary's house. 
 She introduced me to her they're from the Ukraine I think. 
It's amazing what they've done to the house, it was beautiful. The only thing left that they didn't touch yet, but they will. Is the tile bathroom floor in our bathroom and our kids room. 
Top our BR, middle pic, is Thomas's room. Bottom picture she said was like exercise room, I said OK but we called it Travis's room, lol.
Both vanities and the vinyl in the laundry room downstairs, only thing left we did.
Her daughter and SIL live in the basement.
 We had a great visit her showing us around then I went back and said goodbye to Mary. 
My CAR
 Then I stopped at Bell & Evans wholesale chicken store. It's so much better buying it right from them. I never went there when we lived here, but I go there now. I got a $110 worth of chicken.  I asked them if they would prefreeze it for me, so we can pick it up on Thursday when we're out in the area again. Cuz it would be a while before I got home today. 
Then I went to our local grocery store called Redner's, ate the lunch I prepacked in the car there. 
I worked on the blog in the car for almost two hours,  because the internet's great here, I brought our own hot spot.  Then I walked around in the store almost an hour. Found a few things I wanted.
Having a great day, so far.

Then I went to my yearly Doctor appointment. I got my flu shot, and asked if when we come back Thursday for me to get blood work, if Jim could get a flu shot too. They said he could,  but he wasn't seen for so long. So she wanted him to have a  physical first. He didn't want two Doctor appointments a year. I'm lucky that I get him to go to one, the cardiologist. 
 He won't be happy about that, he will get over it,  but seems silly if both of us don't get a flu shot.

I got home about 4:35 o'clock or so.
We had decided to stay a little longer, if we could. We had asked the Ranger and he told me when I came back we could stay now till Tuesday if we wanted. That was a relief.
 Jim and I had dinner together and I did a Zoom Call with my NoBS accountability group.
Jim sat out at his fire while I did the Zoom.

Wednesday September 20, 2023

This morning we got up early and had a leisurely breakfast. I had a zoom call with no BS at 10:00 a.m.. then we had a slightly early lunch and left for my mammogram appointment at 12:30. After that I had made an appointment, I had a little time to kill so I decided to walk around in Aldi's. You know it's my favorite. Few things I wanted to buy but we weren't going to be home again for a while. So I decided to ask an employee if it would be possible to push my cart into the walk-in fridge and I would pick it up after my appointment. 
She was lovely and so nice. I paid for everything, and they pushed the whole cart in for me.

 I made a last minute appointment to get my hair trimmed. It was such a treat to get my hair cut. As I waited, a lady came in and she looked in the box and said what is that. This was her creation, 
 the receptionist said she couldn't stop eating it. It's not real but it sure did look like it. Be great for Halloween. 
After my hair was done we stopped back at Aldi's and I ran in to get my order. 
Just then doctor's office called wanted to know if I could change my appointment time for tomorrow morning, I just made it yesterday. I explained we had no other time slot open to move it. She said OK, they would make it work.

Jim and I headed home with our groceries I put everything away and we had dinner together. 
We went out, Jim had to put air in the car tires, it said low tire pressure.
We went up to grantville's Winner's Circle Saloon to line dance and celebrate a dear friends birthday Shirlene Leininger. 
Jim Miller even came to celebrate with us, he's now 8,  I used to love the two step with him.
 We had a great night dancing and seeing everyone. 
They shut everything down at 10:00 p.m. we headed home for the night.

Thursday September 21, 2023

This morning was our busiest day so far. Jim had coffee and we left about 8:30 in the morning. Went all the way out to our Fredericksburg doctor I got my blood work done, got my flu shot. Jim had his quick physical with a lovely PA we just met. Luckily he liked her a lot, he finally got his flu shot. They also did blood work on him even though he already had coffee. 
Everything is taking way longer than we expected.
Then we left to go get breakfast at Esther's Diner right next to the grocery store I was at yesterday,  Redner's. But now it was 10:15 and we had an appointment at the bank for 10:30. I had to call and push it back till 11:00.

 We had a wonderful breakfast, we so enjoyed their coffee. 
Then we went out to our diesel guy Hassler. Jim got some filters he needed for the truck. 
We stopped with Mary because I thought she took a credit card. 20 years and never used one, always wrote her a check. Should have stuck to that. 
Then sign papers at the bank, talk to our financial advisor.
After that we left picked up the chicken that they froze for me. It was a warm beautiful day and then we had to go all the way out to Cleona for my eye doctor appointment. About 40 minutes away, Jim dropped me off and then took the chicken home to put it away in the freezer. Can't believe he got it all in unsupervised. As he calls it. 

He came back to pick me up and then we ate at Hoss's salad bar for lunch. 

Then we headed home, got ready and got the food I made out. We had a lovely dinner with Thomas,  Kerri and Sarah. I had made an eclair cake and the grilled veggies.
Sarah is playing tennis this year.
It was the fastest few hours ever. They might come to Florida this year :)

Friday September 22, 2023

This morning we had go to the bank again to meet Jake to sign some papers. This time in the Lebanon office. He was in Ephrata, so we had to wait. 
After we sign the papers, we went over to Vicki and Byron and worked on the house a little more. Jim and Byron went back to their house and he helped Jim put on new fass fuel filters on the truck. Eventually got to the RV and they changed the pucks in the Hitch pin.
He went back to there house. I had a few more glorious hours alone.

Later I had some food I took to there house. We all had dinner together. I made a hamburger macaroni soup in her pressure cooker, she never uses.
They made pork chops, I had Aldi breadsticks too.
They fixed the car tire that kept leaking, I found a nail it earlier.
Beautiful sunset.
After dinner about 8:30 I went home and Jim stayed to hang out and party with his bud :)




1 comment: