Sunday, March 31, 2024

Jim's working HARD

Jim's Working HARD

Monday March 25, 2024

This morning after breakfast and  relaxing and enjoying our coffee. 
Jim was working on the RV again.
 He's doing a great job, I sure hope it stays this way after we move.
 It's great to be working under the roof. 
Later Rick stopped again. He comes over almost every day it seems. I think he really enjoys talking with Jim. Jackie has never came with him. They chat and work.
We talked about him inviting us Saturday to their home for dinner. I asked him if they liked cherries, I was going to make that cherry dump cake. He said not so much, I was telling him about my paleo chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour. That sounded more down his alley, so I'm switching it up, and making those instead. I want to take something I know they will like. I feel like I should take something else too, maybe a hardy appetizer or something. Have to think about it not sure yet what else.

 Not much else going on today we didn't go anywhere. Later for dinner I made some creamy chicken and wild rice soup.

 Tuesday March 26, 2024

I was up hours before Jim this morning. We ended up having breakfast after 10:00 a.m.. got a late start, but decided to go to the weird mall again. 
 I wanted to go back in the thrift store. I found everything I was looking for. I found a curling iron I've been wanting one, $12.00 and a square little Pyrex casserole dish, two muffin pans and today I found William Sonoma bread and butter / dessert plates.
 I wanted to buy all six for a dollar each. But they're heavy and just decided on the two. Total of 30 dollars.

 There's a couple other things I was considering on buying, above fancy muffin pans, $15. each instead of $4.  each.
 Also a cookie press, used to have one. Considered this stuff too. But I resisted.  I talked to the owner as I was making my purchase, he said they buy contents of storage units, and that's where everything comes from those. I told him it was weird for a thrift store in a mall, he said that's what the neighborhood was asking for. 

Anyway after that we walked around a bit and then headed over Dillard's Clearance. It was mainly just clothing, which you can tell when you walk around, the reason they were on clearance. The ugliest weirdest clothes I've seen in a long time. All the things that didn't sell, they put in this Clearance Store. We did not buy a thing, which in retrospect is a good thing. 
Then we were going to go next door to Burlington next. I had higher hopes for that store being better. By now it was after 1:30, and I said we probably should go eat lunch first. So we went into Taco Bell, I had a great chicken bowl, picture above.
 After we ate and were all fueled up,
we went back to Burlington.

 We were walking around together. Jim was waiting for our Garmin RV 895, was supposed to be coming today,  earlier than expected.
We weren't in the store very long and Jim got an email saying it had arrived, and they showed a picture of it on the doorstep of the house here out front. 
I had talked to him about that, if it happened while we're out. He was trying to use it as an excuse to not go anywhere today either, LOL 
I said just go get it and I'll keep shopping. Works for me.
 I told him not to hurry lol. But before I knew it he said he was back. I found a few things in there of interest. Had a nice chat with the lady, she started it. She said all these storage containers, and I don't need them, but they're so addicting. We commiserated it on our love of shopping.
 I tried to talk Jim into coming back inside, I picked out some shorts I wanted him to look at. He wasn't in the mood, but he really needs a few new clothing pieces. I tried on two things and decided to get them after I sent him pictures. 
Pants didn't really go with the shirt I had on, but they were super comfy. And we both like the way they looked. Also replacing two stripped pairs I had to get rid of. After that I went out in the parking lot found him tucked nicely under a shade tree in the parking lot.

 Then we drove home to the RV. He played with the Garmin for a while, amazingly we did no food shopping today. But I will have to shop the freezer soon. The fridge is getting empty, we're using up all the leftovers nicely. I'll be it, too much pasta.

 Later Jim was helping Richard, our neighbor dump his tanks, he really is an RV newbie and was very confused on the tank configuration. Jim was explaining to him that he had a fresh, black, and gray tanks. And they don't intermix. He just needed extra hoes. After they were done with the tanks we said good night. 

Jim watched hockey game outside.

Wednesday March 27, 2024

This morning wow, we really slept in. Woke up about 8:30 am.
Had coffee and breakfast. Later Jim went outside and started to work more on the RV.
I listened to Corrine in the morning.
Later shopping our freezer out front. Brought in chicken, pork chops, beef
Etc. 
While we were out it started to pour.
Jim stayed out, I was able to run in, since we are under roof.
It is so nice to not hear the rain beating on the roof. It's not always a soothing sound.
Later I made stuffed shells, in the new casserole dish 
and turkey burger with quinoa, and cabbage casserole.

Talked with Richard when he came home. He is such a nice young guy.

Just a side note, Today in the news....
 it has been crazy watching the news, and seeing that bridge come down in Maryland, that was hit by the cargo ship.


No comments:

Post a Comment