Thursday, April 4, 2024

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend 
Saturday March 30, 2024

Morning we had breakfast and coffee. Jim went outside to start working again.
 I listen to an NoBS call from 10:00 to 11:00. I started working on my almond chocolate chip cookies to take to our dinner tonight that are host invited us too,  Rick and Jackie Hill. 
We both got ready and left a little later than we wanted to. It was a good hour drive but not that many miles away. I had a couple stops to make first. First I ran back into Sam's again for the third time while we were here.
 Had to return one of the pairs of shorts for Jim. They didn't fit. While I did that he filled the car up with gas, which was only 7 gallons lol.
 Then we headed up the road to Sally's Beauty Supply. I needed some stuff for my hair and it took a while. 
While I was in there Jim texted me that he had to run back to the RV. Someone else is going to be coming in in a motorhome and Jim needed to  move the Volvo to make room for their arrival. 
He went and did that while I finished my shopping. I came out before his return, I walked into Publix a little bit also a really nice TJ Maxx. Found a end table I kind of liked.
 I think the measurements are a little off. We want to get two different end tables for either side of our new sofa.
There's a little extra room on either side and things keep moving around in travel. 
Jim picked me up and we headed towards Rick and Jackie's house. 
First we stopped at a Wal-Mart I wanted to get some flowers for her.
What a beautiful neighborhood there in. 
There was horses close by beautiful community. 
 Richard and Maisy were already there. They welcomed us in there home and we went in the backyard let the dogs run around, they have two of their own.
Then Rick showed us their big Super C motorhome. 
He took out the table, and just build 
a Murphy bed, with lift up table. 
We had a lovely meal together.
Beautiful kitchen 
 I helped her plate up the food and put it on the table. 
She made a big ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green beans with mushrooms, mixed multicolored carrots, garlic bread 
I brought the chocolate chip cookies and she had a big chocolate cheesecake she bought. 
Had a wonderful meal together we
 really enjoyed everyone's company.

 We chatting until about 7:30 finally trying to get ready to head out. She packed up all the leftovers and gave it to the three of us. As we were leaving they were telling us how the home will be going up for sale in a couple months. Probably for about 850. 

They now have a 10 acre piece of property in Tennessee now they are going to be building a home on. But they will keep the property that we are camping on. Such a wonderful couple,  we can't thank them enough for their hospitality and sharing time with us.
We love our Switch Crew family.
Later I had Jim look to see if he could find any pictures of Rick and Jackie Hill from the Huddle that we both attended in Florida last season. 

 We headed home and arrived about 8:30 or so what a wonderful day.
We had new neighbors when we arrived.

Happy Easter

 Sunday March 31, 2024
This morning we had breakfast and Jim got up pretty late this morning. New neighbors 
He went outside while I listened to a couple of NoBS calls today. I cleaned and made some creamy chicken and potato corn chowder soup. 
I made pierogies and kielbasa for our Easter lunch and we also had ham from yesterday. 
Jim was working outside on getting the ladder attached to the Volvo. Trying to get more heavy items out of the fifth wheel. 
Rick stopped by again today along with his friend that works in the shop, Todd. They took all the garbage with them today and every time I looked out they were talking with Jim. I went out a few times between my chores. 
Later I vacuumed on Easter. 
Thomas picked Grandma up they all went to church together and ate at our son's in laws.
We talked with her later and so glad she had a wonderful time.
We are so Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment