Friday, April 19, 2024

Happy Monday

Happy Monday 

Monday April 8, 2024

This morning I was back up for walk fit and then line dancing. Those 3 hours go so fast I didn't want it to be over.

 MaryJo joined us the last hour. Her and I sat and chatted together after everyone left. Dan showed up he was working on a project. He needed a torque wrench. 
He said he saw a RV Tech here and asked him what it would cost for him to come loosen a bolt. The guy told him $100. Dan about lost his mind, he's like "are you crazy"  we don't do that to each other here.
Dan was just going to go buy one.
 We couldn't believe it, I told Dan maybe Jim had one, he said I seriously doubt it. It doesn't hurt to ask I said, so I texted Jim. They offered to drive me home. When we arrived Jim was pulling the torque wrench out.
I should have known he had one, I forgot.
 Happy to share with them. We had a little chat and MaryJo wanted to check out the Smart car. She sat in the driver seat and couldn't believe how much room there was. After we said our goodbyes.

Then we took a golf cart ride.
The ad I put in the Orlando paper, for the F-450 isn't working out that well. On our golf cart ride we got our third or fourth contact. They just text you asking for your full name and address so they can send you a check and send a courier to come pick the vehicle. We know that's not legit. 
We had no serious interest yet in the Ford. 
It would be such a great truck for someone starting out not wanting to spend a lot of money. 
Still hoping to find the right legit buyer ASAP.
 Jim and I had talking all day about going out to eat somewhere today. Decided to drive to Clermont for Ruby Tuesday's. Love the salad bar.
It's a bit of a drive, but not for "Junior".

They had a special, buy one entree get the second free. So Jim ordered his ribs and I ordered a pork chop.
The waitress came over and said they were out of pork chops. So she had to bring me the menu again. Since I don't eat beef it limited my choices. I originally was just going to get just a salad, but since it was the special today, figured we'd take it home. Yeah and there's the free part. 
So I ordered a half a rack and shrimp.

 I was at the salad bar when the manager came over and asked Jim if it was OK to serve us his full rack. Mine wasn't ready yet, since they were out of pork chops. Jim said he profusely apologized, and offered us dessert if we wanted it. Well Yeah.
The waitress bought Jim's full rack. I went to get another little plate. And the manager came out again and told us the whole pork chop story and how they ran out. Guess they didn't realize they served the last one.
 Anyway it was delicious and we even ordered a free dessert.  We almost never get dessert. Eas two funnel cakes with ice cream and chocolate.  We ended up taking half of it home. Definitely have enough for three more meals when we left.
 And we saved about $30 off of our total bill.
They we drove home almost dark out by now. Stopped at Publix for beer and milk, lol.
Arrived home trying to watch some TV. Our YouTube channel has expired. They only give you 3 months travel time. Then they want you to go "home".
Such a pain. Can't find a phone number to contact for customer service. Still trying to figure that out. Other wise we like it.
Anyone have any good Solutions.

Tuesday April 9, 2024

Jim was up first this morning. I got ready and went up to do walk fit and line dance. When it was over I texted Jim and he picked me up in the golf cart. I saw Dan come in and he had ordered lunch in the restaurant. Jim arrived and the three of us talked a bit. He was talking about how yesterday they went to Publix and Romaine lettuce was $5 a head. I told him I so like going to Aldi's yesterday. He said that's where they went and it was 2.99 there. After we said goodbye to Dan we went and got produce here. 

Then we took a drive down to the lake there was going to be the last Delta IV heavy rocket launch today. Really couldn't see it because it was so cloudy. We ended up talking with a lovely couple. I saw them yesterday and told Jim I wonder what kind of dog they have.  I realized it was that same couple. She told me the breed,  never heard of it. We had a lovely chat and then we went home and ate our leftover ribs from Ruby Tuesdays yesterday. Later we took a golf cart ride.

Wednesday April 10, 2024

This morning after breakfast I did walk fit and came back for lunch, we both were busy doing things outside. 
I wanted to scrub the shower curtain on the picnic table. Jim assisted me with that job. 
At 11:30 I remembered there was a No BS call on. I was able to listen to the second half of it, then later we had lunch together and went for golf cart ride.
We went by our neighbor up the road, 2 sites between us, and saw Pat and Carol sitting with Johnny. 
She's been wanting us to meet him, he's a recent widower. 
We pulled over and had a nice chat all of us, for quite a long time too.
 Once we left, it was dinner time by now, so we went back home and I started cooking.
 I made pork chops and had fresh applesauce I just made. 

Thursday April 11 2024. 

This morning I did the usual after coffee and breakfast, 3 mile walk fit and line dance. 
They were being silly with the flamingos. Linden, me, Barb, and Lourdes.
Then went home made quesadillas, and rice pudding in the instant pot. 
We had lunch together took a golf cart ride, talked to people same routine on... 

Friday April 12 2024. 

Today is a line dance Marathon. 
First we did walk fit and couple hours of line dance.
 Went home and made lunch. Starting to make our bigger meal then instead of at night. Seems to make more sense in this lifestyle. 
Jim heard a truck coming looked out, said HDT was about to go past us out front. 
Later in the afternoon we drove by in the golf cart said hi. He just got it too. Only towed 3 times. He got it stretched and is putting the jeep on it. He was trying to order a F-450, when they we're so hard to get. He looked into the HDT and found this one. Then the Ford dealership called him said his new one was in. NOW,  he has BOTH. Omg.
A long time ago not sure if they still do it, KFC had a bowl before they came all the rage.
 Mashed potatoes corn, cheese, chicken gravy. Doesn't look as pretty, but man it was delicious, with Jim's grilled smoked chicken that I had pulled out of the freezer. 
Then we went up to the line dance private party. 
I did three more hours of line dance.  Jim stayed with me for a while but then went back home. He came back after 9:30 till we finished and he picked me up in the golf cart.
As soon as we walked out the door we saw a launch I just taken off and saw the bright orange red Trail. It's so funny how it follows the curvature of the Earth and arcs.

1 comment:

  1. Our favorite Friday night dancing spot gave us a scare. Their rent went from 1,000 a month to 1,800! A HUGE increase. They announced they would be closing end of April. DANG! They need at least 100 paying customers to break even. They had 108 and then 113 but attendance was low again this past Friday. Len had talked to CJ and told him to increase admission from $7 to $10. (we started giving them $20 for last 3 weeks). CJ talked to Len Friday night. Told him he was right..... they need to charge more. So, starting in May admission will be $10. We so much don't want them to close. We will see.

    ReplyDelete