Friday, March 6, 2020

Anna Marie Island

Anna Marie Island 

Tuesday March 3, 2020

Today we got ready to leave for     Anna Maria Island, left just after 10, always later than we want to. It took a good two hours to get there. 
A lot of traffic, and construction. Arrived to the Island but the parking lot was packed. So we had to drive a few miles up the road to another parking lot. First we sat at a picnic table, and ate our pre-packed lunch I made. Walk down to the water it was a very hazy, very warm day, and bright Sun. The weather man  called it torrential sunshine. Decided to get on the trolley and go down to where we wanted to park originally.  Went in the gift shop, a lot of people down there. They have food, and a bar.
 Took a picture of our palm trees where we renewed our vows four years ago. I asked a very nice lady to take our picture.
 Then we got back on the trolley drove around and got  off right before the ice cream shop. Today they were totally out of lactose-free ice cream. I had a tiny baby cone for a dollar. Jim had some peanut butter milkshake thing that was over  $6 or more. Then we walked back to where the truck was. Took out our chairs and went down and sat on the beach for about an hour. We were in the shade of one of the big lifeguard Towers, they aren't using them right now though.
 We started driving back about 4:30. Went back a different way. Very nice drive the road with a drawbridge going both ways, was up when we arrived and it had to go back up again when we left. A lot of tall boat traffic apparently.
 We got back to the CG around 6:30 I heated up some leftovers for a light dinner I wanted to go up to the jammers, but it was too late didn't feel like the long walk. So we showered relax with a little TV.

Wednesday March 4, 2020

This morning made a smoothie. Then I went up to see my crafting ladies. First I checked the mail, nothing yet,  Jim says it was delivered on the 28th. I had so much fun with the ladies it was a nice chat. 
Met Jim out front, we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. Then we stopped at Walmart. He was trying to find more wood, never did. Found fuel. Went back to the CG.
We relaxed a little. Then went back up to see if they had the mail after 2. Jim told them it was delivered already. Found out that they wrote down the names of the people that own the UPS Store at home. So the package said Osborne, not price, which was written three different places on the package. has a very inefficient system.
Trying to make plans with Sue and Tony to meet up for lunch somewhere. On the way I decided to call my brother Drew who's birthday is tomorrow. Decided to go to K&J homegrown  produce to save us time tomorrow. Found more T-Bones chicken and pot roast to fill the freezer, $75. We will meet them tomorrow about an hour away from here.
Jim grilled one of the last T-Bones in the freezer after I packed it with the fresh  meat. I had some leftovers. We sat down to eat outside and some people we had met started talking to us, that's always awkward. Was nice chat thought.
 I stayed inside took a shower, looking for some crafts I had started long time ago, that I found. Jim watched hockey outside the rest of the night, yeah they won 5 to 2.

Thursday March 5, 2020

Happy birthday to BOTH my brother's David and Drew. Born same day 2 years apart.
I went up to say goodbye to my crafting ladies, but was a little early, and the door was still locked, nobody was there yet. Jim met me at the ranger gate and we drove over the two couples we met at TTO. It was a lot of fun, they were just learning and really wanted to practice before they went back to Orlando.
 We left around 11:30 to go meet Sue and Tony for lunch at a restaurant called Nancy's. We got there a little early, our plan was to meet at 1. We went into Walgreens while we waited. Never did get a picture, first time at this restaurant but it had a wonderful smell of smoke & BBQ. We were there for almost 3 hours. So fun to talk with them, a lot of laughs. Great meal almost stayed long enough to have dinner.
 We headed back to the CG. Later we had a salad for dinner that I had pre-made. Jim watched hockey again outside, yay they won again 4 to 1.
 Sadly tomorrow we move back to Clerbrook. Few things we wanted to get done and just never got to. Go see Bonnie at the rehab, visit with Dottie and Dee again. Never did go in the pool, and it was so warm too. Just so far away to drive to, or walk while you're wet, I hate that. That's why I want to buy a cricket, golf cart. I did find a lady that has one for sale, black just the color I want, she lives in West Virginia hope to get it within a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment