Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Pioneer Days

Pioneer Days 

Friday February 28, 2020

This morning I heated up steel cut oatmeal, my homemade yogurt with strawberries, and got ready and went up to the ladies for crafting. Left just after 10, Jim drove me up, and then we walked  back together. Had a light lunch, then we went to leave just after noon, to head over to Pioneer Days. I forgot people start coming in at noonish and it was really hard to get out of here. Pioneer days it's across the street to the left, you actually could walk there if you wanted to. All kinds of crafts for sale, a lot of old items on display not for sale, hit and miss engines, which I didn't realize I love the sound of. Jim put up some videos of them, somewhere probably, Facebook. We walked around for hours so much to look at. Saw a lady from crafting, that brought me bags the other day, Barbara. Jim had an ice cream cone homemade $6, LOL. We took a horse and carriage ride all around the park area, just the two of us. We shared later in the day a catfish French Fry Basket.
We left a little before 4, headed to Arcadia about a half an hour away, wanted to go to this meat store that Bonnie recommended. It was called K & J homegrown produce. I went in by myself, I bought chicken breast, a 3-pack of huge T-bone steaks for  $14.52
Very large pot roast, two spaghetti squash, a butternut squash, green beans, onions, tangerines, apples, spring mix, zucchini, and Frozen hush puppies. Total bill was 69. I thought that was really good. We loaded up and drove back to the FW put everything away.
 I got out both of my IP. I put the big pot roast in the small one. I wanted to make soup in the larger one I made creamy chicken and wild rice soup, then in my second liner I made the couple ears of corn I bought the other day. Jim grilled some chicken, I put the rest of the meat in the freezer. Was a lot of work, when I was hoping not to cook, but it was a lot of fun. In between all that I also vacuumed.
It was a little cool out after it got dark, Jim watched his hockey outside after I finish cleaning everything up. What a fun day.
 
 Saturday February 29th, 2020 

This morning I made a smoothie, and mixed up some pancakes for him, and made him two before we left and then got ready for the craft sale. From 9 to 12 noon Jim walked up with me, to the meeting house they call it. It was so fun talking with everyone. There is a lady that was BY herself in a campervan with a small dog that has been full timing now for one month as of yesterday. I really enjoy talking with her and the lady crafter next to me about their full-time travels. I talked with her last Saturday too. Her name was Lorraine and John. I texted Jim to come up a little early so he could talk with them. But he was on the phone with someone so he never got a chance to. She told us to stop by later to get some bags she had for me and talk about Disney. They both retired from there and they possibly might have tickets for us. We did try stopping later but they weren't home yet.
 Barbara and her husband stopped on their scooters we had a really nice chat with them, they invited us to come up and play a game called Left, Right, and Center. You roll three dice they have an L, C or dot, you start out playing with 3 quarters. Hard to explain.
Dan and Carmen arrived yesterday, so today they moved to their full hookup site really close to us actually. We were chatting back and forth on Facebook they asked us to come over. We went over and sat under their awning and chatted for a while. I thought it was getting late, the dice game started at 5, I mentioned it to them it was only 4:30 so they said they would come play with us. So we all looked  for quarters and, we walked back to FW, had a small bowl of the soup I made yesterday. They walked up and met us we walked to the meeting house together. There was a total of 10 of us playing. It was a lot of fun. we found out Barbara and her husband knows  Jerry and Diane June .  As they say a small world, but I wouldn't want to clean it.
 Dan and Carmen each won one time. They said they went home with about $15 more than they came with, so they were happy, we cashed in  and got  quarters back so we can buy water with them,  $10 worth. So glad we invited them. We said our goodbyes to everyone and walked back who are FW with them.
I heated up the pot roast I made for Jim made gravy and a little bit of noodles in my IP for his dinner, I ate some of the grilled chicken he made yesterday with some noodles he cut the corn off the cob. Then I made him some beef noodle soup for later. We watched a little TV, blogged he was listening to his music. What a fun day with newer friends.

Sunday March 1, 2020 

Did not go anywhere today. Went for a walk, visited with Lee and John, they're leaving tomorrow. Later we saw Carmen and Dan.
Was a beautiful day to just relax under the awning.

Monday March 2, 2020

This morning I went up to craft with the ladies. Bought some tomatoes from the produce guy. A couple of them gave me bags. So I spent the morning prepping them to cut. We had a lovely time together. Jim met me up on the porch to watch the RV come in at noon.
 Later went for a walk has lunch. Later we found Mike and Mandy they brought mail for us that was delivered to Clerbrook. 
 Another beautiful day in Central Florida to sit outside and relax.



 

1 comment:

  1. Oh those steaks. Just yesterday Len talked about getting a nice thick steak for the grill. But before that he needs to get his appetite back. He eats a few bites of whatever and pushes his plate away (doesn't help me lose weight as I just might finish it up for him). Therefore, I do very little cooking anymore.

    ReplyDelete