Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Short Travel Day

Short Travel Day 

Friday March 20, 2020

Today was a very short travel day to 3 Flags TT in Wildwood, Florida. It is only a half an hour drive away from where we are. We wanted to leave at 11, and we actually did very well getting ready and left right on time. I called first to make sure there was no procedural changes, before we left the campground. Received a call from where the Rally was supposed to be held, was  indeed canceled, they said they would refund our money.
 We arrived at 3 Flags around lunch time we had a choice of two 50 amp sites. One was under trees, So NO  satellite there, the other one was a nice pull through. A tree but not the kind with spanish moss  and pollen that has been driving me nuts. But I Love looking at them. 
 We got set up had lunch that I pre-made. Some guy started talking to Jim behind us. I felt like opening the door and telling him to back up a little, but I didn't. He was pretty far from him.
I ran the vacuum and wiped all the counters down, just because, mainly green from pollen. Moving Day is a good time to clean when everything is put away for travel, and as you set everything back up.
 It was really hot today, and lot more humid than it has been, 88 degrees. Jim showered, I Put two pork chops in the air fryer, green beans,  some corn I made in the IP then I cut off the cob. Also made mashed potatoes with cheese, bacon, onion and spinach. One of our favorites that I occasionally make. Should have cut the portions in half we were both pretty full. 
We went for a long walk after dinner, felt good, was HOT.
I was texting two supervisors from work. Found out most of the people we know at home aren't working right now. When I get back I'm sure I will be based on what I do.
 Sat outside some more, watched a little TV, called it a day.

Saturday March 21, 2020

I was up first made coffee, Jim came down about an hour later 8:30 or so. Watched a  little news,  you'll never guess what they talked about.  Also found out Kenny Rogers passed.
I made a light breakfast of steel cut oatmeal my Greek yogurt,  really great expensive strawberries I bought. Then I texted both our sons. The youngest Travis called me back we talked for a bit he was supposed to start working on Tuesday and now he's is not.
We would normally be at The Villages now, at the farmers market, but NOT going on now. Jim has a camera shot of Brownwood Square he can look at on line, you can see very little walking  traffic.
 We stripped the bed, and I put the sheets in the washer and hung them outside, on a PVC rack Jim made me, I LOVE it, he hates it, because he has to stow it.
Looking for something to do, desperate for entertainment I guess. We decided to play LRC, Left Right Center, dice game. The more people you play with the better. Since we're here home alone per usual. I said, Let's Pretend We're Playing with our friends Tony and Sue. So we played five games, Tony won four times  and Sue won once. 
I made lunch, made a frozen pizza I just bought at Save a Lot, I think, didn't want to keep in the freezer long, always in the way.
Not much going on, later are older son Thomas called, we chatted with the three of them for a while. So nice to hear his voice.
 I got the instant pot out and made a couple eggs a few little potatoes and a small amount of carrots. All at once for 5 minutes then I made a small amount of potato salad.
 Jim got an email from TT saying they were closing PA campgrounds. So he got on the phone and called to change our reservations around. We only had to push things back by a day or two in Hershey, and Chesapeake Bay, will be there a whole week now instead of a few days, so far so good. Still not sure of everything that we're doing till we get back. Which now are return date is April 19th.
Later we made the bed Jim sat outside and had a fire. I tried to find something on TV was not easy, usually don't have a problem with that.

Sunday March 22, 2020

I should start this post as so many that I have read in the past when I was a full-time wannabe. When things are slow and not much going on, my favorite writers would pick a topic and talk about that subject. This trip 2020 has been a year of the Coronavirus, Covid 19.
 With so many uncertainties right now, and so many things are different , like will there be work when we get back? Places to put our huge RV, will we have hookups, will there be bread and toilet paper when we go to the store again, praying no one gets sick that I know and love.
 Probably the hardest thing to deal with is not being able to talk to people freely,  especially people we do not know. In this lifestyle it's super hard not to be able to sit with friends and chat. It's a very sad situation going for a walk and not being able to strike up a conversation with someone freely, and not having to think about it first.
With Jim and I together we will get through this. We pray for the country and the world, that it gets taken care of quickly, and all will be well again.

Today we went for a long walk, I wanted to leave earlier when it was not so hot, but we didn't. It was quite warm we walked around, not too many people on the move. Just dog walkers or some people doing laundry. All you can do is say a quick hi and keep on moving, as you stay as far away from them as you can. Jim finished before I did so he went back and I kept going a little longer. Took a picture of a orange tree like I had at home, thank you Samantha for taking such good care of it.
Later we decided to go out just to do something. First we took the truck to a car wash, Jim washed it, was very dirty from all that pollen. And then we went to Save-A-Lot I went in by myself. Grabbed a few things found 2 more good pizza, will put in freezer out front,  and then we went for a drive around The Villages. Ended up going through Brownwood square with the truck, which we've never done before. There was plenty of room because it looked like a ghost town, was very weird and sad.
Then we went to Publix for a few things we couldn't find anywhere else, Jim went in with me probably, because he wanted to find beer also, a good motivating factor to shop.
Then we drove around a little more came back to the RV. I put everything away, and Jim grilled chicken for tomorrow and tuna steaks for tonight.
Later I talk to my brother on the phone, he had a visit from a friend the other day. And then he said they called him when they got home and told him that A co-worker of theirs had the Coronavirus and wanted to let him know, he was essentially exposed to it. It kind of freaked him out. He has a friend that is 90 that has a horse. He sees him a lot and helps him with different things, they go out to dinner,  he invites him over but he decided best to stay away from him for a while.
We watched American Idol, called it a very unique day, but beautiful.

Monday March 23, 2020

Jim was up first made coffee, I finally slept in a little. Later I made us a smoothie, and then protein pancakes with fresh strawberries and Topping, and a couple eggs. Should have taken a picture of it it was so pretty.
Later I was able to talk Jim into doing some deep cleaning, with my new cleaning cloth. It works terrific, no streaks.
 He cleaned the three fantastic fans , he did a wonderful job, he's a good cleaner.
He dusted all around the top of the wooden slides. He took out the vents for the AC I washed them, he vacuumed in the hole and replace the vent. He took apart the ceiling fan, I cleaned The blades and he replaced them.
 We did do a great job working together had a lot of fun, we played country music station, Garth on Sirius Radio I guess it was.
 I made us some lunch we had a small sandwich and the rest of the potato salad I made. After lunch and a break I talked him into doing the windows inside he took all the screens out, it's amazing how much dust they hold.
If you want to exercise with your man try this position and move. It was Lindsey Vonn and her boyfriend.
Later I made a light dinner of taco salad for him, a chicken salad for me. 
We went outside later and did a few of the windows we could easily reach. I cleaned the back dust off the FW, and spot cleaned it and the truck. Jim made a fire and sat out for a while,  I watch The Voice.

1 comment:

  1. We have done NOTHING here for the last 2 weeks. Driving me crazy. With Len's health issues he can't go anywhere. And I can't take the chance of bringing the virus home to him. When we need groceries Lens son and DIL get them when they do their shopping. I would think this would be a good time to clean .... na, not interested.

    I did wipe down kitchen cabinets with Murphy Oil Soap. And mow grass. Then it rains two days. Hope weather is nice tomorrow and will wash my car. It was blue, turning green.

    Try to enjoy these last weeks in Florida.

    ReplyDelete