Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day's Spent Alone

Just a note. Jim found a draft of a post looks like it was never posted. So that is why it's randomly stuck in here. If he can figure it out he will put it in order later.


 Day's Spent Alone 

Tuesday March 24, 2020

Today we did not go anywhere. Spent the day in the RV at the CG. Was another very warm day. I cooked a little we had a light lunch and dinner. Went for a walk did a couple things around the RV, sat outside, can only say HI as people walked by.

Wednesday March 25, 2020

This morning I made a smoothie. Today also did not go anywhere. We had a light lunch. The neighbor was having her RV washed, they're called Hotties Detailing, we use them when we were in TTO, we wanted them to wash our FW,  but they couldn't do it today. We saw the first rain in months when they started to wash there RV. But it lasted about 2 minutes. They did a great job on their motorhome and car. Three guys worked together, they start on the MH roof. They were done in 45 minutes.
 Later I was looking for something to fill the day. So I decided to clean out both medicine cabinets. Wiped out the fridge a little. Cleaned out the basket on the dining room table. It has napkins and salt and pepper shakers and junk we just throw in the basket. I hand washed two rugs and I hung them outside to dry.
I texted Cecile to see what she thought if we should even get together later, as we had planned to stop in Gainesville on the way back to visit one more time.
 While I was doing that, Jim cleaned out the hole, as we call it, the big storage compartment where the beer fridges is.
 One of the rugs I washed was his Flyers one from in there. He swept it and cleaned it up so nice.
Jim checked our bank account and our tax refund was deposited, that was nice to see.
 Later I made dinner using both the Instant Pot. I put shrimp in one and Pasta in the other. I made up lemon garlic butter sauce. It was pretty good, had leftover for tomorrow.
 Later we watched Survivor. I went to bed early before Jim.


Thursday March 26, 2020

Today I had my oatmeal yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. Jim had bacon and eggs he made himself.
 Jim needed pills so yesterday we decided to go out to Walmart today. When we left we stopped at the office to see if we could change our date and stay a little bit longer. We're going to get a window fixed Sunday, we wanted to be able to come back on Tuesday and then stay until the 5th, then head back towards PA. We had planned on stopping in Gainesville to see Cecilia again. Since her daughter is there from New York, their area is one that is on lockdown, we decided between the three of us probably best if we didn't go. 
When we got to the office door it was locked, she did answer the door with a mask on. Found out what we wanted, closed the door again, we waited on the porch for her answer. Meanwhile two of the Rangers came to the door, as they approached I backed up to let them pass. They looked at me funny, but they knew what I was doing, it was all so sad, made me start to tear up, once I start I can't stop, sometimes the sadness is overwhelming. And Jim just worries, about everything.
 She came to the door again and said that would work out, we can leave some stuff there on our site and just come back Tuesday. So later we have to cancel the reservation for Gainesville.
 So we left driving towards The Villages, drove around a little wanted to see what take out was available for a quick lunch. Ended up just going to Burger King, after that we went to Walmart for Jim's pills. Jim found the last roll of RV TP in the camping section. Lot of golf carts out people still golfing. Drove around Brownwood Square again a little busier than the other day. The store's I wanted to go into were closed. The nail salon I wanted to use again is closed. Still a lot of things on my list they didn't have. We have to go back tomorrow to get the pills. They aren't ready today. Spent quite a bit of time in there. After that we stopped at Publix to fill up our water jugs again.
 Then we drove back to the FW. I put everything away. Put some unfried chicken in the oven for dinner. Ate a pre-made salad I made yesterday. Watched a little TV. Later I called and talked to Christine for a while. Was really nice to have her to talk to, since I'm feeling so sad. Jim made a fire and pretty much stayed out the rest of the night. I cleaned up the kitchen ran the dishwasher, did this blog watched some TV for the rest of the night. The AC ran a lot still very warm out. Tomorrow is supposed to be over 90.

Friday March 27, 2020

This morning I made a smoothie. We had a relaxing AM and afternoon. We got ready and left to eventually get to Walmart for Jim's pills.
First we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick lunch. We ate in the truck, Jim had a Crunchwrap, I  ate a protein bowl. Was really good. Then we drove around the Villages for a while. Then we went to Walmart, Jim went to get his pills, I found a few more things that they didn't have yesterday. They had more RV toilet paper, but what he found yesterday was enough for us for now. They had eggs today, yesterday there was none. We did not stay as long today. Found what we could and get out of there.
Then we drove around a little more, took a drive in the direction we will be heading when we leave.
 When we got back to the FW, I put everything away.
It was very hot out today, over 90. Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be record-breaking, for this time of year I guess.
 This is the temperature the truck said it when it was sitting in the sun. 
Didn't take many photos lately since not much is going on.
 Later for dinner I made a light cheesy cream sauce to top the pasta that I had left over with the shrimp. Jim cleaned another bag we just bought that was precooked. That's what we had for dinner. Sat outside a little after we ate, was way after 7 and still very hot, didn't stay out very long.
 Tried to find something to watch on TV, Jim went to bed first last night.

2 comments:

  1. If you have no job commitment in PA you might consider staying where you are longer.
    We learned long ago that it isn't necessary to use RV TP like the RV Dealers insist. As long as you use Septic Safe Two Ply TP (a little marker on the package) it will work with no problems and a big savings at the checkout.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Freedom.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I well understand the sadness. I find myself a bit depressed. Ok. I admit more than a bit. Today is the first day in over 2 weeks I have been off our property. Ordered dinner from Cracker Barrel. Family style. They said serves 3 to 5. It sure does. Six huge fried chicken breasts, container of cheesy hashbrowns, large container green beans and 8 biscuits. Neither of us could finish a chicken breast. And comes with 4 free breakfast bowls that we will eat the next two mornings. It was the high light of our week, driving to town to pick it up. Never got out of the car. They bring it out.

    NOMADS friends were supposed to arrive here yesterday for a week. They planned to help me paint the front porch and do some other work around the yard. With current situation they headed back to Wisconsin. We well understand.

    Len did bush hog yesterday. The back property. So glad he has his INOGEN ONE so he isn't tethered inside the house. Between us we got the yard mowed. I weed whacked around trees and the pond. Biscuit stays right with me.

    That's about it. Keep well and safe roads back to PA.

    ReplyDelete