Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sad End of Season saying Goodbye to everyone

Sad End of the Season saying Goodbye to Everyone 

Thursday March 30, 2023

Jim took me up to in the golf cart first we got strawberries, the guy didn't have change, Jim came in and got our regular mail. Then he could pay the cranky Thursday produce guy.
Today while I was up line dancing Art the older guy that works here, also our DJs during karaoke came over and gave me a package for Dennis and Linda Price, back in PA there are friends that didn't get to come this year because of her heart issues. He said he talked to them and he asked if we would take it home for them, of course we would. Then a little while later he brought another package over that was actually our mail, that he realized was also in  Dennis mailbox. It was something my new sister mailed to me in November. I came so close to not receiving it. She sent me this cute little retirement gift. Makes for a nice blog post entry. 
Then one or two people later commented if Art and I had a thing going on because he kept bringing my mail personally right to me. 

Later after line dancing was over I said goodbye to a few more people, can't believe tomorrow is the last day. Here's a picture of all the line dance teachers I took off of our Facebook group. They are so fantastic and they all share the workload. 
Left to right is Betty the DJ, Susan tech, Barbara, Judy, Pam, Joan, Mary, and Paula. 
Here also is a group shot with almost everybody in it.
 After line dance I got home we had lunch together then we took a ride over and talked to Doug and Tammy again. Here's a picture of their big MDT.
 I was telling him about the Lifestyle people. Then we left and drove by the Lifestyle again. I was so happy when we saw he was out his name is Bill. We chatted for quite a while,  he was very nice from the Rochester New York area. Then as I always like to say, I told him since he was also leaving on Monday, since he's going to be here a few more days, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.
 He said WELL come on in, I said oh don't you want to warn your wife first, you don't have to do it right now, if you don't want to. He said NO come on in. We went in and they had this huge dog that was barking at us like he was going to kill us. It looked like he weighed 150 lb, but they said he was only a hundred. But as soon as we talk to him and petted him and he was great dog, although he was  huge. I snapped a few pictures they were very nice people. She told me to look around and open the pantry. When I did I forgot how my hinges used to work and didn't open all the way. 
They put in sliding trays in the bottom two shelves, which was kind of nice we put them in the two cabinets next to it. 
Marilyn and Bill Dobbs 
There wood work was definitely lighter than ours. We kind of liked it better  they only stay in for 3 or 4 months a season. He was such a deja vu feeling at home, but yet different. 
We chatted for a little while they told us what they were doing the next couple days and I said maybe on their way back Saturday they can stop and visit with us again and see ours. We said goodbye and took off on the golf cart again heading towards home.
I  had put yellow rice and chicken in the IP was ready we had dinner, late again. 

Friday March 31, 2023

Can't believe today is the last day. I went up for my very last walk fit and line danced. It went so fast. Barbara gave me a hug three different times before I left. Said goodbye to a few other people. Came back in the golf cart. Later I changed and we had lunch. And we got ready, left at 1:30,  to head to the Leesburg area again to go to yahala Bakery, to get berlena brochen.
He took about an hour to get there we picked up her dozen, Jimmy two of them. We also got a cherry strudel, for me and Jim got a huge eclair for later. They will be several servings each they're huge. Then we headed home. I took a few pictures inside they now serve coffees. 
Still would like to know how much,  if you get one of EVERYTHING....
It took a good hour to get home we arrived around 3:30.
I texted Sallie Grey, from Legacy my recipe for chocolate chip zucchini cake. 
We talked about us going on a cruise with them.
Later I dug out 3 thanks you cards for the main line dance teachers here, Barbara, Judy, and Suzanne. Will drop them off later, before we leave.
Later we took a golf cart ride. Stopped with Doug and Tammy a little bit. We had quesadillas I made, and some chicken pie and I think the last of the watermelon for dinner. Then we relaxed for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment