Saturday, April 29, 2023

Visiting YORKTOWN

Visiting Yorktown
Wednesday April 26, 2023

This morning we got up and drank some coffee, Jim went for an early morning walk, while I listened to live with Corinne Crabtree with no BS. When he returned I had made him fried potatoes onions with some eggs on top,  I ate while he was gone. 

Then we got ready for the day, later had lunch.  We went to Aldi's first, we sat in the parking lot in the truck for probably at least 40, 45 minutes and took our internet with us. It worked like a charm, lighting fast, I finished the last post and published it. 

Then I went into Aldi's by myself, It's So Different Here than Florida, not busy at all. Although after we talked about it I bet in peak season this place is really busy , since it's such a touristy area . We picked a great time to come.
 We went into Walmart together and he needed a light bulb for the truck headlight, one burned out and he bought the wrong one first. 
Found some dry lube that WD-40 makes, I recently learned about. I want to use it on the awning arms and Landing legs. Of course he found some beer and I only got a few groceries. Then we left to come home. 

On  arrival I wanted to roast some baby carrots on the grill and heat up our pork chops from the other night for dinner. Was already after 6...
First are neighbor Rick in the tiny fifth wheel came over.
 He bought Jim a six pack of Yuengling lager in  bottles. It was incredibly nice of him, they were talking about it the other day, as he sat and talked with Jim as he grilled, and again today. 
And then the two people we talked to the other day that stopped looking at our Glow Steps came by and told us they had ordered them. And they leave tomorrow. There excited to get them. 
Then some other lady with three Yorkies stopped and was asking us about our water softener..Jim thought she just wanted a short cut to her site, so she stopped by to talk..lol.  She was telling us how she was visiting in the area.. but so much walking, was so funny, we are the information center in the RV World here apparently.
Then we finished heating up and  eating dinner, we went inside to eat. Then we came outside and grilled chicken for tomorrow and later in the week. We put the smoke in, it  gets fantastic in there and so fast cooking. 
Jim started a campfire and we sat out till about 8:30 as it was getting chilly.
 I came in first tried to watch some TV, but just doesn't work here on T- Mobile. Not bad on Verizon, but we have a limit on that. Jim came in and we went to bed about 10 pm.

Thursday April 27, 2023

This morning we got up around 8:00 a.m. had our coffee breakfast and I packed a lunch for the day. We were able to get out the door just after 10:00 a.m., which is good for us lately, we heading to Yorktown for the day. We found a place to park the truck and walk down to the waterfront. Check out some stuff went into a little shop. Found red earrings I wanted and the lady that takes care of my MIL called to talk about how she's doing. To try to explain the phone call from yesterday they had while I was in Aldi's. 
Beautiful water front
 the bridge in the picture above we had to wait for it to scissors open for big ships. We waited on the bridge would have loved to see it open from this angle.
Then we walked up to the truck about 1pm and had lunch that I had packed.
Then we walked around got on the free trolley. Went to the battlefield, we had a guided tour it was very interesting. She talked about the events that lead to the last major battle that won the Revolutionary War. 
Below is an amazing chess set 
They're are beautiful flowers everywhere.

 There we bought our lifetime membership to the America beautiful pass for $80. Our first stamp as we also bought the passport booklet. Now we can go into any national park for free. That's pretty cool Jim has been wanting to get it for over a year now.
Then we walked to the victory monument. It is 84 ft tall, with another 14 ft for Miss Liberty.  First constructed in 1884, They had to replace her in 1956  as it was struck by lightning. Now you can see a lightning rod in it.

Then we got back on the trolley and went to the Revolutionary War Museum. We arrived just after 750 kids left we were told.
The above is just funny. I love all the blue and white decorations 

Then we went into a 4.00 for senior Watermens Museum. This educational Museum demonstrates the role Chesapeake Bay Waterman played in the molding of our nation, from pre-colonial to Modern times. 
It was so funny I saw a guy in there with a Whites Harley Davidson t-shirt on from Lebanon PA. Of course we chatted for a minute, they're from Lancaster. Small world as they say, but I wouldn't want to clean it. It is always my joke.

Then we walked along the York River walk.
Which opens into the Chesapeake Bay and 6 miles it goes into the Atlantic Ocean 
It was a  lovely walk. 
We left and as soon as we got back in the truck I remembered I wanted to go back in the store and get a red pair of earrings. So Jim drove me down and I ran in and got them. Then we left and headed to Taco Bell. After we ate we sat in the truck I worked on the blog. Then Bryon called, good timing they chatted while I worked on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment