Saturday, April 4, 2020

Self Iisolation

Self Isolation

March 28, 29, 30, 31

So now the days are really running together. One day we walked in the morning. Another day we walked in the early evening. Still trying to get our mail get the gloves out everything and not here yet.
Trying to find more things to do and or clean. On the 31st I made  a text Mex quinoa, pretty much for me only. I made butternut squash soup, also for me only. The reason is he won't need it. Two of my favorites and healthy. Of course both made in the IP.
Plan's keep changing as they revise the new state guidelines. We have canceled revised our schedule so many times now we're losing count. We were supposed to be in Gainesville Florida and heading to The Oaks in South Carolina.

Wednesday April 1, 2020

Today Would have my Mother's Birthday,
Sad day, MISS her so much.
We did not do much with April Fools even though today was her birthday. But. Jim was up first and said the water wasn't hot. He had to reset the water heater. Later it went off again now it's running on LP gas. Then when I got up I turned on the TV, there was sound but no picture. What is going on.
I called friends Neil and Nancy, there TV recently stopped working too, we talked 55 minutes was so Nice. Even though we are trying to both figure out plans to get BACK to Pennsylvania. Called my brother Drew left a message, he is always outside. Then I called my cousin Wanda, talked with her for hour and 10 minutes. I also talked to Phyllis and Len from Alabama, was so good to hear their voice.
 Since the cold front came through the other day, it was cool in the mornings and overnight. First two nights we woke up cold inside 65°. The last two nights we put the heat pump on, so much nicer in the mornings.
 Funny story, we had a new guy pulled in behind us. And I decided to prop the door open in the morning to let the nice cool air in once the heat was off. When I got outside I heard water running. So I went to look to see where it was coming from and for some reason the new guy was filling up his tank and it was pouring out the hose since his tank was full. he had an older motorhome, he was pulling a small truck behind. I told Jim made him go knock on his door and tell him, he turned it off and thanked him, then I noticed he had a sticker on his door. Where he bought his RV, I used to sell them quite a few years ago now. And his RV had a sticker on from where I worked so I probably sold his RV but I don't think he was the original owner, I would have remembered this guy.

We sit outside alot. Go for walks. Saw interesting homemade camper that has a permanent spot here.

Thursday April 2, 2020

Today after lunch we decided to run out for a few provisions. Went to Walmart to buy a TV. As Jim calls it an essential item to keep our marriage alive. After doing much research on our TV to see if it was salvageable or not. We bought a new one. Felt like people were looking at us funny as we left, felt like we're being judged. Some old guy even said "  you have the essentials beer and TV."  Jim said one for each of us, to keep from getting divorced. So glad I bought a lot of meat when we were in Wauchula J & K home grown produce, because the stores have no meat and no TP. We got what we could find and left ASAP. Then we stopped at a Save-A-Lot I went in. They didn't have a lot though. Then we stopped at BK for an ice cream cone. Went back to the FW. Then we started the big project of  getting the old TV out and getting the new one hooked up. There's a storage compartment behind the TV that we had to clean out, what a mess everything bouncing around in there. Later I repacked items in there hopefully it will move a lot less. Jim got the  new TV mounted and setup.
Later made dinner, I made sweet Italian sausage and homemade pasta I bought in The Villages probably a month ago now. and relax the rest of the night.

Friday April 3, 2020

This morning I woke up with feelings that we should stay here longer instead of moving on to the Oaks in South Carolina. Anxiety over it, we both stressed out about it. 
I sat outside to file my nails down, they are So long driving me nuts, it took probably close to two hours to get them short enough. Gave me something to do. 
After lunch we sat outside and talked it over so many different options so hard to make a decision which one to go with. I just felt like we should try to stay here even though I had two days on the work schedule already back home. There was a post about Thousand Trails not letting new people come in. because they want everyone to hunker down and stay put. So probably close to 5 we were outside and I called the office here and talk to Lisa I think her name was. Which we talked to before about mail we thought it was on the porch with the other packages  and she said knock on door  it was inside, and then we had talked to her about our TV disposal of the broken one. We didn't want to just throw it in the dumpster, she said when people do that then they get charged for non trash items. So we asked her about staying longer and she said no problem we can stay till April 30th, just stay put and relax. But we had to cancel a reservation at the Oaks, which they sort of unofficially did RIGHT after I called her. And will probably cancel our first reservation in Hershey our HOME park too, They DID.
 So after the phone call we both felt a lot better,  we're just going to stay here and chill. Thank You Thousand Trails.
 We had a BLT for dinner and we went for a nice long walk. Later Jim made a fire. I stayed,  in the mosquitoes love me.


1 comment:

  1. It was good talking to you the other day. I never knew you sold RVs! Learn something new all the time.

    Mowed grass this morning. Then found out that Tractor Supply does online orders and brings out to your vehicle and loads it. Great. So I ordered Ant Mound poison (hey it's Alabama, we have ANTS), Bird Seed, Duck Feed and Round-up. Pick up is free. They also deliver at a cost.

    They notified me that my order was ready. Our big day out. To town and Tractor Supply. Never got out of car. BUT.... they did not have Duck feed. Has to order from another store. They will deliver it. At a cost. Duck feed $16.99. Delivery charge $16.49. Dang nuisance ducks. I pay couple to feed them so they can poop on the porch.

    ReplyDelete