Monday, May 1, 2023

Rainy Day in Virginia

Rainy Day in Virginia 

Friday April 28, 2023

Today it pretty much rained all day till about 2:30 in the afternoon, headed started overnight lightly raining. He did our morning normal boring routine coffee breakfast blah blah blah.
 I made salads for lunch with chicken and hard boiled eggs, later I made quesadillas with the same chicken. They are one of our favorites. 

In the morning I also listen to NO BS with Corrine live, Jim actually listen to her with me. She does have a potty mouth and can be very funny, but she's so educational about your brain and how it works in conjunction with your thoughts and losing weight.

 Later I also texted with Nancy, and she ended up calling and we talked for over an hour the 4 of us. That was a nice change of pace for this rainy day.

Then Jim took the garbage out in the golf cart, came back and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride so I got dressed for the first time today, LOL and we went for a little Drive, until the golf cart battery was getting so low. It was probably bad cuz it went under 50% I think for the first time since we bought the new AGM ones. Jim said he didn't charge it for 5 days, which two of those days we didn't use it.
 We put on the good internet and watched a little TV before bed.
Byron called again this evening it was probably after 9:00 when he called. He's excited about his new truck, 
and I think seeing Jim as he knows we will be back soon. Nice blue sky for PA.

Saturday April 29, 2023

This morning we both woke up after 8:00 a.m., I guess we went to bed a little late last night. So funny how we seem to wake up at the same time. I guess we're in sympatico. After breakfast cuz he was starving this am, he said he didn't eat enough last night, lol we had our coffee I wanted to listen to Corrine from 10:00 to noon this morning, totally forgot. We got ready and headed out to Lowe's again to find hardware for the picture frames.

I worked on the blog and posted about Yorktown in the parking lot. They had a small car show here in a couple food trucks. Should have looked at it before we went in, most were gone when we came out.
Then we went for a quick lunch, I had Chipotle , talked to the couple in front of me, said I never had it before . He said he didn't either, didn't know how to order,, I was in three or four different times but never got food at anyone, because they have such a weird way to order especially in PA, had to do it on line., 
 Jim got Hardee's, he had a chili dog and a Frisco burger with fries. I'll have half of mine tomorrow with good chicken and avocados since they didn't have any.
As much as Jim didn't want to, we had passed the Kroger's many times, we went in just for the experience, of course I found a few things. And amazingly enough they were having a margarita tasting, it was meant to be. And he bought two bottles. 
Then on the way back to the RV we stopped at a Dollar General I ran in by myself found my TP and Kleenex. Then we headed back to the RV to put everything away and start a project.

Jim said was to late to start a project. I started dinner and he took the trash out and went to get firewood. While he was gone I had the door open and Switch Crew stopped, Sue and Jim Finnestad from Maple Valley Washington.
 They were our neighbors at The Ridge at the Tennessee  Huddle, but we never officially met. So fun to talk with them. I said dinner was about ready, did you eat yet, I invited them to dinner.
 I  said what I made incase they hated it. We had a lovely time. They were also at the Texas and Utah Huddle's.
They left about dusk. I took everything in wash the dishes and Jim started a campfire. We set out for a while and I drank my coffee with him. And then Rick our neighbor came over and chatted with us. They had started with a DJ down at the building again. So I'd walk down to listen to the music see what they were playing and check out the crowd. 
And I also talked with the neighbor behind us they are leaving Monday. They're from Arizona and he's 81 years old. After I get home I went inside and Jim stayed at the fire for a little while longer with Rick before coming in for the night, and we watched some TV together before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment