Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Culver's lunch & Aldi's shopping

Culver's lunch & Aldi's shopping 

Thursday January 11, 2024

Our location Thousand Trails 3 Flags, aka TT3.
Today are Google stats are in for our travels last year. 
We really got to see a lot of things. 
181 cities, 115 are new. 564 Places,
406 new. Sometimes I wonder how accurate it is. Cause it tells you how far you walked, drove, cycled. That's where they got me, cause we don't have bicycles. So I don't know where they got that number from.
Then after breakfast we went for our walk together around the campground. We're actually going around twice now. It's a very small Campground. 
Then we got back to the RV got ready for our adventure for the day. 
We had planned to go to lunch at Culver's. It was only our fourth time there.
 We planned on sharing a sandwich, and a salad. Once we arrived he wanted a Reuben, decided he would get it, and take half home.  I would get the original fish sandwich that we had planned, and take half of that home for tomorrow's meal. We would share a salad too. Then we decided to try the frozen custard. That was our first time. It was fabulous, we got vanilla and chocolate mixed. Forgot pictures 
 I noticed some people came in just to get the Frozen confection. Might do that too sometime, way cheaper than Dairy Queen, and a lot better.

 Then Jim was going to take me to Aldi's and wait in the truck.
He waited in the truck like a good hubby. We both like it that way :) That way I can shop with total concentration and enjoyment. 
I was in there for probably at least an hour and a half. It was packed inside and out in the parking lot. I spent $205. I think that was a record. I feel it was alot of stuff too. Have to try and remember to take a picture next time of the full cart.
I told Jim I almost should be good for the rest of month. Probably only need milk and more produce.
I wanted to get some things for our Tampa RV Show campout, with Switch It Up. And get some things for our potlucks. The fridge was pretty empty too. 
 Then we went back home, took a long time to put everything away. Then I started dinner and we chilled for the rest of the night.

Friday Jan 12, 2024

This morning after the usual, Jim and I did another walk around the campground together. Later we played miniature golf here.
 Saw some of the cows nearby were really close to the fence. So many little calfs. 
Then later Jim got the Ninja out to make lunch. First he grilled me another pile of vegetables. 2 turkey burgers, and he did boneless ribs I just bought at Aldi's yesterday. 
 They cook really fast so you have to watch their temperature. We took them off the grill when they just went past 160°. So tender, he even put smoke on them too. 
Dessert was my cottage cheese pudding and topping 
Later for dinner we had our leftovers from Culver's, and another salad I made us. Jim ate outside. He made a fire and watched hockey too. I was out for awhile, before I got dinner ready. 
To cold, for me. 
He had to come in early before the game was over. It started to rain. AGAIN. Darn
It rained over night pretty good too.

Saturday January 13, 2024

This morning I woke up around 6:30 a.m. really dark out yet. When I finally could see outside we had a lot of puddles again . 
I listened to some NoBS stuff while I drank my coffee. Jim was up a little before 9:00.
 We had breakfast together and then planned to go to Brownwood Square Farmers market.
I wish it was a little warmer, out but we still went. Jim sat as I walked around multiple times. Found some good produce. Went and talked to the Angie  that sold flowers here.  I asked to piggy back off of her stand, I wanted to sell my bags. She was told by the lady who runs this they didn't allow that. Stupid, whatever.
 But I did want to thank her for trying, so I stopped and said hi and gave her one of my small purse size plastic shopping bags I make. She thanked me. She ended up giving me more flowers, beautiful sunflowers about to open. So sweet. 
Then I dropped everything over with Jim and went to look in a few stores. I asked him if he seen the Doberman. I had a big conversation with them. He pointed to a Doberman just down the steps, I said well that's a different one.
I talked to a guy, with a huge black Dobby named Bullet, 1 1/2 years old. So well behaved, for so young. 
So I went and talked to them too. Unfortunately he did not join me in the conversation. 
This was a beautiful small red female Doberman, with a coat that was probably more expensive than my best coat ever. LolShe was talking to a couple from New Jersey,  who also owned a Doberman, five months old. It was in puppy training. We all had a nice chat together. 

Then I finished my shopping went into a few of the stores close by. Went into my favorite clothing store, Rustic Rose, and home goods store, of the same name. The flamingos were in there.
They both have such beautiful things. 

 Talked to a lady inside that said she loved Sunflower,  her friend, said not so much. I told her I loved them too.  Told her about the lady selling them. 

Jim was cold and pooped from sitting, so we went home for lunch.
We stopped at the bathrooms on the way out.
 I saw same ladies coming by. Her friend had huge picture. I asked if she saw the Sunflower lady, she said no. I gave her mine. I really want you to have them. Wish I had taken a picture of them.
 After lunch I decided to go up to the building and do some walk fit.
 Something was going on inside,  so I ended up going into the laundrymat. There was washers and dryers going, but no one in there. I tried to yesterday but it was too hot. I did four miles. Finished just after 6:00 p.m. went home and we had dinner together.  Salads and the turkey burgers he made yesterday.
Jim watched hockey while I worked on the blog. It was even cold enough we each had a hot chocolate, before I got ready for bed.

Sunday January 14, 2024

This morning we get up and had breakfast, and  got ready for a fun day.  I packed us a light lunch. Left about 10 am.
 I listened to  Corrine in NoBS, as we drove to the Art show in The Villages.
We arrived at Spanish Springs and nothing was going on. He pulled into the parking lot and Jim realized it was actually at Lake Sumter Landing, in The Villages. 
He said now what, I said  "I guess we're going over there."  It was a short drive, we arrived and found a place to park. 
Started walking around, such a shame it's so cold out. About 54° 
Jim had to dig another coat out for me, before we left. It was buried in the trunk. It used to be Travis's, and I just couldn't get rid of it, it's super warm and cozy wearing his coat. 
We saw so many cool things walking around. This stand was jewelry made with recycled guitar strings. 
Then we saw some beautiful orchids and a stick plant that Linda Price calls it. She has one.
 It literally is a stick, until you plant it and it gets Florida Sun and gets these beautiful leaves and flowers. 
I love this leaf water fountain great landscaping accessory.
Picture showing how birds love it.
Later we saw our neighbor Brett and Peggy with ther friends. They were heading to the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck, they were on Shark Tank a long time ago. 
We thought about it but decided against it. They ran out of things quickly as they blocked them off on their sign. 
Then we went into the Beautiful sales and information building in Lake Sumter landing, The Villages. 
I think it's just gorgeous in here. Jim took my picture by the fire place. Nice place to warm up. 
They had a great gift shop in there we walked around. 
Jim loves these old guys rule t-shirts. 
They modeled  the building after The Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island in Michigan.
Had to get a picture of us, 
 cold winter in Florida. In Travis's coat.
I was looking for the garlic thing. I seen this before. $25.00, 3 piece set. It has a yellow peeler, a cleaning brush, and it so finely chops the garlic.  I think she said 17 other things. Like ginger, parm, nutmeg, lemon, orange zest. Etc.
There was a lady selling hair ties she makes. They curl your hair too when you roll it up. That I had to try.
Saw these funny signs.
Couldn't resist this.
It say It's not a party...
Until the redhead shows up...
Da
Then we went back to the truck and ate our lunch about 1:30. Then I had a zoom call with my six accountability Partners in NoBS. They started a book called, You Are A Miracle, written by coach Lizzie in the program. She used to work for noom, and then found no BS. I got the audiobook, she has a lovely voice to listen to. We had a nice book club meeting all of us together. Hard to believe, but it was coach Lizzie's first time being invited to an accountability groups book club with the book She Wrote. 
When the call was about over I saw some guy staring at us. Cause we were just sitting in the truck. Nice to get warm again. I thought he was going to say something, and then he walked around to Jim. Said you look like a snow plow driver just sitting and waiting to plow snow when it starts. Sitting there in the F-450, all you need is a snow plow. He said it with a wicked funny accent.
When the call was over, we went back found the bathrooms and walked around a little bit more. Then the skies cleared and turn blue and sunny and it warmed up quite a bit, finally beautiful. We walked around some more, every time you walked by some place you'd see something you missed the first time. 
They still have Christmas tree and decorations up in the square.
We debated about going out to eat, it would have been an easy choice. But we decided to head home. By now it was 72° out.
 We took the long way home, sort of, having to go through the Villages and look at beautiful homes. 
By this time it was after 4:30. We arrived home and had dinner together.

 Resting up because tomorrow is our big packing day to prepare to head to the Tampa RV show with our beloved switch crew, switch it up with Todd and Sheila. There's  big things a happening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment