Monday, January 1, 2024

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas 

Monday December 25, 2023

Happy Monday and a Merry Christmas.
 This morning we had a light Christmas breakfast together. 
I went up and did a 3 mile Christmas walk fit with my ladies, when it was over I came home and got ready, for our Holiday with the Prices. 
I was taking turkey we smoked yesterday, sweet potatoes and a Scandinavian kringler for dessert, recipe I've been making for years.
 The weather hasn't been that great cold and rainy so, we decided to stay in the RV for the whole day. It actually worked out quite well.
 Linda told us to come over around 10:30. I only get home from walk fit right before 10:00. So I got ready took the sweet potatoes over. We arrived just after 10:30. We chatted for a while and we finally got to meet Elka and Barry, they arrived shortly after and Linda made a Christmas brunch of eggs benedict casserole. 
Then we had mimosas Dennis made. They were delicious I took a picture so I could buy some. 
She's A Bad drinking influence on me I think, lol. We chatted a while longer and they were going to be staying in a getaway cabin here for a few days. It was time to check in so they went to and we went home for a couple hours break and to get the turkey ready. 

Two hours went fast, I heated the turkey in the instant pot and I made really good gravy with the broth.  All I had to do is put the icing on the kringler and almonds and we went back over to their RV.
 Fortunately it's very close to ours. She made a charcuterie board, she had shrimp, and had all kinds of snacks. By now it was way after 4:00. I was getting really hungry, as I ate super light throughout the day. It was probably close to 6:00 till she had her stuff ready and we ate our Christmas dinner. She had a ham I had the turkey and gravy, she made a corn custard, green bean casserole, Cole slaw, apple pie and Elka forgot the cranberries. 

After dinner we enjoyed each other's company chatting and having a few more drinks. We ended up staying till about 9:30 p.m.. when it was time to go home. We suggested to Barry and Elka they follow us in the golf cart. Apparently they have a bad sense of direction and would get lost in this huge Campground. So we showed them where their cabin was and headed home ourselves. 
What a wonderful day spent with friends, and new friends, so enjoyable spending the whole day with them. Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment