Saturday, January 6, 2024

Happy New Year 2024

Happy New Year 2024

Monday January 1, 2024
This morning I woke up just after 8:00 a.m quickly got ready and only had one or two cups of coffee. Today they were only doing Walk fit so I made it up there just in time. 
Once I returned home just after 10:00 a.m. I continue to drink more coffee. Then Jim and I decided to take our last golf cart ride before he has to put it away to move tomorrow. Which is mainly just stopping and visiting with people. 
First we saw Carla and Keith. Then we stopped and talked with Brad and Colleen. Telling them about the Tampa RV show. I think we talked them into going, they never wrote one before. And then once we were almost home time was running out, we were losing daylight. But we went by Dennis on the way home and we heard Linda holler wait. So we stopped for a little visit with them both. Sat outside and chatted. Told Jim it was going to be dark soon, he said I know, so we hit the road, got back home and he started to put the golf cart away. I worked on the inside, I had things out I didn't have out since PA. He didn't finish until after dark. 
Then even though he didn't want to, he jumped in the truck and went to fill up with diesel. He thought we had enough to get to our next location, but it is scary driving the rig with minimal fuel. 
We settled in for the night once he returned, sad to leave Orlando tomorrow. 

Tuesday January 2, 2024 

This morning I talked Jim into one last walk fit. So I literally had everything done, we even put one slide in.  I went up to walk fit did my 3 miles.
New walk fit friend, Jeannie Sawyer Rummer.
 Chatted with a few people and I got to do my favorite dance they start the classes with everyday. Called Absolutely, as soon as I finish I headed out, saw Jonathan going in, as I was coming out our old neighbor from Peace River again. I said HI and goodbye to him and headed back. 
Jim and I finished getting ready and we pulled out just before 11:00 a.m.. heading to TT3, as Jim now calls it AKA Thousand Trails Three Flags.

 Shortly after we pulled out, we saw this Super C coming up alongside of us. It was Tammy and her husband that I'd line dance with.
 We actually got to say hi at a red light, and they were heading to Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort. 
Today It's only a good hour drive, Jim had to decide if we wanted the turnpike or not. He always ask me what I think, what do I know, nothing.  The last minute he decided not to go on the Pike.  

Once we arrived at TT3, she told us what was available. I told her I didn't want trees. But we always go in the back,  back of the campground, where all the trees are. First time we were ever out front, with no trees, she gave us site 60 which had no trees above us. Turned out to be quite lovely, got set up.
 Had a good snack upon arrival cuz it was getting late and was way passed our lunch time. 
Then we went into The Villages to meet Jeanna and Lynn for a early dinner at Cody's. They are staying here too.. But they are leaving Thursday. Today was our only day to visit. 
Jim got a huge rack of ribs, I had a bit and he took half of them home. I had an impossible Burger took half of it home, with both of our fries for later. We had a great meal shared with them. The entertainment was a guy playing guitar and singing,  was quite good. We spend quite a few hours there after we ate, it is happy hour you know. 
We went in to the square to listen to the live music playing. Tonight was very cold once it was dark I had to change my shoes just to keep my feet warm before we went over. Then we decided to head home for the night.
I drove the truck home, first time in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment