Monday, April 20, 2020

Friday April 17, 2020

Rib fest, scalloped potato IP recipe 

Friday April 17, 2020

Today Jim was up first. When I got up we sat with our coffee for a while. We usually share almost a whole pot in the morning together. Then I made us a green smoothie.
 I made fresh blueberry pancakes, bacon and some over easy eggs shorty after it. 
We had the door open almost as soon as we got up, it was quite cool, but was going to warm up later.
Shortly after I started a project I have been wanting to do for a long time, but always procrastinated on it. My pull out spice racks I put a shelf liner under, and they kind of worked themselves front and was rubbing against the inside of the cabinet. I wanted to wipe them all down and fix that. So with Jim's help I got on the step stool started at the top. he helped me keep everything in order as I wiped off the shelves. When cleaning it I noticed the whole  rack was wobbly ,  so Jim looked at it  and realized the wood on the top  had came loose .  So he went and got a couple long finishing nails  and put three in the top  Now it's very secure again. It felt like a great accomplishment. 
 It was getting hot now so we closed the doors and windows and put the AC back on.
 I have been missing all my line dance class, since the pandemic. So I was looking on YouTube for one of my favorites call Absolutely. We were playing a country music station Garth Brooks Channel on Pandora, and listening to it while I was doing that. Then a Blake Shelton song came on called Some Beach, it's an older song. When we were in Orlando they taught us a dance to go with it, so I found it on YouTube and relearned it. Jim said I was shaking the RV, but it is a pretty smooth dance. Then I went outside to practice the dance called Absolutely. It was a great refresher and I remember it now. It was too jumpy to do it inside the RV. Compared to the other one. It was really hot so I came in then.
I started to make scalloped potatoes in my instant pot. This recipe is done with pot in pot cooking. Because you have the inner liner with water and a trivet and then a smaller pot inside that with the scalloped potatoes.  Since I have two pots the three quart fits nicely inside the six to do that. Or any small stainless steel pot will do as long as it does not fit to Snug and there's room for water all around.
This is my recipe.
 Push the sautee button, add flour and mix to make a roux, let it cook for a few minutes.
Add milk and chopped onions, and seasoning. 
Cook till it starts to heat and gets slightly thickened. Then
Add peeled, sliced, rinsed potatoes.
 Cover small pot containing the potatoes with foil, make it tight so the water can get all around it as it steams. Hit the cancel button, from the sautee mode. Then pressure cook for  15 minutes. Let pot sit to NR ( Natural Release ) for 10 or 15 minutes, as it will continue to cook. And till the rest of your meal is ready.
Carefully open pot, add cheese if you like, stir gently, and serve.
After I had the potatoes going. I went to take a shower, then I did a 3 loads of laundry. While I  was doing all that Jim was grilling boneless pork ribs outside on the grill. He does a wonderful job with it, he topped with  a little barbecue sauce at the end the cooking time. I made some frozen green beans in the microwave and had homemade applesauce that I had previously frozen. That was our dinner  meal. We definitely made smaller portions so we will have enough for a nice lunch tomorrow too.
When we were finished I wash the dishes. And then Jim went outside to start a little fire with the last fire log I bought him before we left. Gives you about a good 3-4 hour fire. I called Christine we had a nice long chat. Later we watched some TV I did some crocheting.

Saturday April 18, 2020

We were both awakened at 4:30 a.m. to the sound of someone's car alarm going off. Not sure how that happened or why. Then I woke up to squirrels running on the roof. I was shocked when I looked at what time it was. So we Justified it by saying it was a Saturday and we slept in. LOL 
We have DirecTV so what I usually do when we get up later as I'll call it. I rewind as far as it goes, to catch up on The Today Show news we missed. Which is usually about a good hour and a half.
I was downstairs first and made the coffee, Jim was directly behind me. We shared our usual morning pot as we watch the news. We were to get some storms today. Right after we we're up it started raining pretty steadily. Also squirrels continue to run around on the roof. Especially on our slide that are recliners are in. Jim kept yelling at them and hitting on the roof of the slide. It made sort of a funny scenario.
We had a small bowl of steel-cut oatmeal with the fresh blueberries for breakfast, I add my yogurt I make to mine, and a drizzle of honey.
I have been wanting Jim to recaulk the kitchen sink, in a spot in the shower track. So I talked him into starting that project in the late morning.
This is the before picture.
This is the After picture
For lunch we had the leftovers from last nights dinner, boneless BBQ ribs, scalloped potatoes, green beans and homemade applesauce.
Jim called I made an appointment to get the oil changed in the truck for Monday. And I called the Yalaha bakery, and Leesburg since it's close and ordered brotchen for my MIL.
After lunch this happened.
Look at all that Long Hair.

We chilled for a while and binge watched a show be like. 
I made the burrito bowls, I made yellow rice in the IP, then top it with refried beans chopped up grilled chicken, cheese sour cream and guacamole with lettuce and tomato. We'll have enough for lunch tomorrow.
Around 7 we listen to a live concert from Escapers Drivin and Vibin Kyle and Olivia with there  new baby 9 months old. They are in Alabama with family, he plays a guitar and sings, he does a wonderful job and we really liked listening to the virtual concert, there's about 80 people that we're listening.
Then we watched on HGTV Maine Cabin Masters.
That is about it, Jim went to bed first.

Sunday April 19, 2020

Jim was up first today, and made coffee. We sat for awhile and drank coffe. I had my oatmeal with yogurt and blueberries I put some bacon in the microwave for Jim. He made his own eggs and toast and had breakfast.
After we watched morning news for awhile, I went and took shower did full makeup and everything.
Then I was ready to start a project. I cleaned out dish cabinets and drawers.
Had a good pile of things to get rid of, stuff I never us. Jim stapled down the rubber shelf liner that always moves around. This was my mess as I worked.

This is WHAT I'm getting Rid of.
There is still MORE to do, well I wanted a 43 foot FW.

So tomorrow Jim made the appointment for the truck to get an oil change before we leave to go back to Pennsylvania. 
My quandary is to stay HOME ALONE or to go and get out in the REAL world for a little. Plus we have other errands to do. Get 40 lb LP bottle filled, get wood, find Diet Pepsi, find place to get rid of old TV, go to Yalaha Bakery to get the brochin,  get beer, eat LUNCH out, pizza probably,  get oil change in the truck. I REALLY want to stay HOME, but I REALLY want to get out too. Big decision to make.
I was texting Sue and she said that I should stay, that is the way I'm leaning.
Then we sat down for awhile, I got sleepy,
Then when I woke up, I said I think I WILL  go. Will SEE....
We went outside and I put a free sign on the stuff I want to get rid of. We walked around the block took his outside trash out. 
He sat out in the sun, I went in and made dinner, well only had to heat up the hot ingredients  for burrito bowl leftover from last night, SO good.
Was watching for hours, had on Going RVing, different people trying to find an RV.

Then I mixed up a small batch of peanut butter cookies. Jim is my KITCHEN aide mixer. I put some in the freezer unbaked.
I put a few mini chips on a couple.

We listened to Jerry Gontang play guitar live from San Diego, So good, guitar music two days in row, YEA. We met him there last year when we went to California. He sings funny lyrics playing the guitar.

Watched American Idol. 
Repainted my nails, I filed them a little shorter earlier.
Kept busy fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment