Friday, April 24, 2020

HAPPY Monday, Oil change, Out in the Real World, Yalaha Bakery

HAPPY Monday, Oil change, Out in the Real World, Yalaha Bakery 

Monday April 20, 2020

I woke up at 7:30, made coffee. When Jim got up, I made us a smoothie and I had my oatmeal and blueberries with my yogurt. Then I took a shower then Jim took one.  Watching the weather this morning there was a tornado watch. Then it started to rain, quite heavy at times. I decided to go along on the oil change Adventure today with Jim. We were supposed to leave just after 11, which we did just after the rain  stopped luckily. Then the sky got blue and it was beautiful out. 
First we went to Yalaha Bakery to pick up brochin for my mother-in-law. We also got us a treat for later and we shared a chicken salad sandwich they make with Craisins and walnuts. We also got her a loaf of bread with Craisins and walnuts. And we bought a loaf of multigrain. Will end up putting most of it in the freezer, the loaf was very heavy.
Was so weird being in there, NO one else around, that place is always packed when we have been there.
  After that we headed to the Ford dealer to get the oil change. They got their gloves and sanitizer and plastic and proceeded to start the job. We went to the waiting area, the  place was pretty empty. We waited for over an hour till they called us, we went to pay the cashier, she made us stand back and she came to get his credit card. She said they were taking all precautions, which I told Jim I  disagreed with cuz she didn't have a facial mask on. Whatever. We paid our bill which was like $111. She gave us a big list of things they recommended we do at home with our dealer. Jim did not necessarily agree with it all. 
The we went to Papa John's for Papadias, they advertise them on commercials all the time. We sat in the truck, and ordered it online, they said how long it would take. About 35 minutes.  So we drove over to the Tractor Supply, next door to see if they filled up LP bottles, which they did not. So we drove back over to Papa John's, they emailed him when it was ready and Jim went in to get the sandwichs. We ate them in the truck, it was very good I took half mine back for tomorrow.
Then we went to Publix, he was able to get wood there. When we drove by the other guy that had firewood in the wheelbarrow, he looked like he was closed up for now. He also found beer, we bought some more eggs only bought two bottles of soda was not on sale. 
After we left we went on a search to fill our 40 pound LP bottle. We ended up driving past the campground to a place up the road that had it. 75 Truck Service Center, Inc. So the usual places did not have LP,  we're using more now because of the gas water heater on now. Was also expensive at $3.50 a gallon, but we filled it up and headed  back to the CG.
The rest of the day turned out to be beautiful. We brought everything put it away sat in our chairs put on the news we were pooped. Took a little nap.
Jim put the LP bottle back.
We got alot of things done today. The only thing we didn't get done, was get rid of broken TV and stuff I purged out of the kitchen. 
He looked out the window and a fire truck and  an ambulance came in on the road behind our RV, 3 sites up. They put a guy in the ambulance, took awhile to stabilize him then they left, not sure what happened.
For dinner I made wraps with grilled chicken, cheese, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and lettuce and tomato. We had two the peanut butter cookies I made last night. Watch The Voice later, and relax the rest of the evening. Tuesday Wednesday are supposed to be beautiful.
Jim went to bed first, I stayed up, REALLY late. I like to watch TV shows that I have in the DVR that he does not like that much. 

Tuesday April 21, 2020

Jim was up way earlier then I was this morning. He make the coffee today.
I was up late, because I stayed up so darn late. Nice getting up to coffee that is ready. I JUST have to heat it up a little, I like it really hot.
I eventually ate my usual oatmeal breakfast and he made his own eggs with a slice of the multigrain bread we bought at your Yalaha  Bakery yesterday for his breakfast. While we watching The Today Show.
I put the sheets in the washer, and sorted another load to do next. I put the sheets outside to dry on my PVC cloths line Jim made me. Love when they dry in beautiful Florida sunshine and breeze. 
Jim got ribs out of the freezer and a 
T bone Steak. 
 The ribs were the free ones we won at the Meat bingo in Orando.
Then he talked to neighbor man who is alone, he's a widower. He has a beautiful fifth wheel with the full body paint that he had redone. You can see his RV in the picture with the sheets in the background, with the burgundy awning. It is a DRV that he said was the 19th one to come off the line when they were first being built. Looks brand new with the paint job. They were talking right out the window from my chair so I can hear everything they were saying. Interesting to listen to a man's  conversation. That way I don't have to ask him what he said. Because he doesn't give a lot of details, LOL. 
Here's some nice pictures of the campground right around us since I didn't show any for a while. 
Then he got out the grill to give it a good scrub. 
I also made some soup with kabasi and a lot of vegetables, a few beans and some small elbow noodles. 
I had my leftover sandwich from Papa John's for lunch and I made four salads, 2 for tomorrow. The Today show was showing how to make ice cream. So I gave it a try. They said half a cup of milk I would assume whole milk is the best, half a cup of cream. 4 tablespoons of sugar vanilla. Mixed up in a small ziplock baggie fill  up a large Ziploc baggie with ice and a half a cup of salt. Squish ice cream bag down in the ice and give it a shake. They said about 7 to 10 minutes. And you should have ice cream. My recipe I can't do milk or cream so I use the combination of whole and 2%   lactate milk. It works it just takes a lot longer to freeze.

Jim grilled 2 turkey burgers later for dinner. He made a fire and was outside most of the night.

Wednesday April 22, 2020

Just a thought....

So this morning I was thinking why I DO this blog. Which Jim had asked me many times. I REALLY do it to remember. I told him, many years from NOW we can read it to each other in the nursing home, depending who can still see to READ. 
So I have to decide if I talk about stuff that I already know, or just talk about things as a back story to what ever I am talking about.
Because who knows what we will even remember,  those little details might be lost forever. Or if family reads it when we are dead. Maybe those little things they never even knew.
When we first got together, and went on our first trip to Florida. Don't I wish I had written down a " blog " back then. We both said we would love to read that. Except for the fact that I wouldn't be able to read MY handwriting.
So I guess for the small handful of people that are taking the time to even READ our blog, I just have to say,    WHY, lol
NO really just thanks...
So just remember it is hard to  know if I write details for YOU or US.

This morning Jim was up again first.
We drank coffee for awhile. This is one of the details a question about writing about.
I have ulcerative colitis in the last month has been flaring up, today wasn't a good day.
I made a green smoothie, we had our whole grain bread we toasted. I had 1/2 slice. Was good. I made another batch oatmeal, didn't eat any yet.
Sat around most am just not feeling great. 
Jim dumped tanks, and back flushed the water softener, and reconditioned it. You only need table salt. He came inside and washed the filters for the AC vents.
I had another cabinet I went through. Can't believe I have more to do. I have round glass cake pan, and small glass loaf pan, have not used in forever. But works  great for microwave or convection oven. Still might get rid of it though.
I made a late spaghetti lunch in the IP. Felt better after lunch.
Went outside beautiful day.
Jim grilled our free ribs we just got out freezer for dinner. We had bowl of veggie soup too. 
Watched  Survivor and that is about it.

Thursday April 23, 2020          

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work today.
 I was up first this morning, made coffee till Jim came down a good hour later.       
I had my oatmeal and Jim made himself eggs and toast for breakfast. Then I started look for something to do productive. Went upstairs and wiped down the shower doors, mirrors stainless steel stuff in the kitchen. Cleaned out another cabinet that I call my office / desk cabinet.
Jim was sitting outside later our neighbor was talking to him he was trying to put in a new toilet, was having problems Jim is trying to talk him through it. Any other circumstances he would have been inside helping the guy.
For lunch we ate leftovers I had the last of the Egg Roll in a bowl, Jim had the last of the kielbasa vegetable soup, and the tiny bit of spaghetti left from last night. And we had the salads I made the other day. Maybe kind of like chef salad with some ham lunch meat I had hard-boiled eggs.Jim washed all the dishes.
 I was working on the new crochet stitches I learned. Then I vacuumed the camper,my Rainbow that I LOVE. Jim dumped the water out for me. When he was outside he said we had a friend visit us. he got the broom and headed in the other direction. 
Nancy called me and we had a nice talk about where we are going next now.  Thousand Trails is only opening on May 8th NOW instead of the 1st. 
Then I made dinner,  I heated up the rest of the rims from last night that Jim grilled. I sauteed some zucchini onion and tomato. With garlic and olive oil, put some waffle fries in the air fryer, along with three hush puppies each. Made for very nice dinner. Jim went back outside.
 I cleaned up the dishes and put a IP of yogurt on for 12 hours I'll take it out tomorrow morning. Then I got all the trash ready for Jim to take out. I opened the door and dropped it out for him. 
Later he came in we watched our favorite Thursday night shows and that was about it today.

1 comment:

  1. I started my blog a couple of years before fulltiming after finding Howard and Lindas blog. Cool to look back on occasion. I started daily diary back in 1991. Each year I got a hard cover nice diary from Sears in which I wrote. When we were packing to start our fulltime adventure in 2010 I packed them all in a box. One morning Leonard was going to the township recycling center/dump. I looked at the box and told him to take it. I can't tell you how much I've regretted that move. A written history of births, deaths, celebrations, every day memories sent away as trash. Still upsets me thinking about it.

    Thought of you the other day when tornadoes where going thru Florida. We've gotten somewhat used to them up here. Four touched down in Cullman County on Easter. We had made arrangements for a tree removal man to come take down several trees and grind stumps. It's been put off for a spell due to all the trees down from those storms.

    ReplyDelete