Friday, April 17, 2020

Had Dinner Delivered

Had Dinner Delivered 

Monday April 13, 2020

I was up first today at 6:30 and made a smoothie later, then I made Jim's big breakfast  of leftover Easter pierogies. It is his favorite breakfast.
Another DAY together and we were good and stayed home. 
I was reading a blog for the last couple Wdays that I'm so behind on. Hi Kathy and Rick. Trying to find out what your RV needs to go back to factory AGAIN. That is so bad you couldn't use it this past winter. Was so shocked to see you in your Apartment. Went back to December 23.
Made a pot of steel cut oatmeal first thing.
I had some pierogies later. I found a few things to do.
Was SOooo hot out today, about 95.
Jim ordered dinner from a restaurant we really like in The Villages, called TOO Jay's
Jim had a burger Reuben combo. I had a turkey burger with bacon, avocado and lettuce and tomato. We both had FF I had sweet potato FF.  I saved half of mine for lunch tomorrow,  Jim didn't, I couldn't talk him into it. We had key lime pie and triple chocolate cake. We shared it, save rest for tomorrow.
Watched The Voice, and bed late.

Tuesday April 14, 2020

I was up first again, always make coffee first and open the blinds. 
Jim was playing with the water heater in the morning to see why it won't work on electric. 
We decided to stay home again today. But probably will go out tomorrow to get a few things. We only have one TP roll left, and a four pack RV rolls for backup.  Also would like to get more spring water, Diet Pepsi and a few other things. I feel like we have a lot of food, but it requires a lot of cooking, not too much instant food as Jim calls it. The fridge is looking quite bare now.
When Jim was outside the other day, the guy we had for a neighbor the first time we were here told him someone was making face mask if we needed one. When he saw him today,  he said there was none left. Today we felt like we should find one to use for when we go out again.
For lunch I had my leftovers from what we order yesterday. Always seams  like it's even better than next day. Our little air fryer goes a great job heating up the french fries, better than they were yesterday.Jim had a sandwich and we finish the rest of the Mini apple pie that I had made for Easter.
Then our big project for the day, Jim went out and dumped both our black tanks. The other day we ran water and measured to see how much water goes in our tanks. Then Jim said we should do it again but with the sink aerator off to get a more accurate reading. So when we did it again, we figured it was 1 and 1/2 gal a minute. So almost 8 gal in 5 minutes We have 2 blacks 39 gal each, and 2 gray tanks, 56 gal each. After we dumped the blacks, he put the back flush on for a bit. When he was finished with that, I set the timer and filled tank with water for 15 minutes for almost 23 gal. I cleaned the pottys and then he dumps it again, I put 5 minutes of water in and the probiotic we put in called Tank Tech RX for RV. It took quite a long time to get it all finished. I forget where we were in the process, as we were doing it. 
I was crocheting a little and got out a book I have on crocheting to learn some new Stitches.
We talked with his Mother. And I was texting Travis alot today.
Later I made chix fingers in the air fryer and heated up some potatoes and made zucchini with onions and spaghetti sauce and cheese.
Jim talked with a friend in Pa and his kids.
They call him Uncle Jimmy.

Wednesday April 15, 2020

Today we were going to go to Wal*Mart in the morning, but we did not get up as early as we wanted to. So we didn't go today. We felt that the shelfs would have been bare if we would go later in the day. Because they were last time we went after 5ish. 
So today we JUST hung out again. It was very hot and humid today, 95. It rained quite a bit today, on and off.
Jim grilled a couple burgers for lunch, we each had half a brioche bun. I made a spaghetti squash in the IP for later tonight.
I worked on my jean purses, and crocheted. Learned how to braid to make handles out of suede strips  I bought.      Worked on my grocery inventory and my list because we definitely want to try to go tomorrow.
I cooked a little turkey burger IP with onions and peppers and a half a bag of ravioli that I had top with some sauce, and add that to the spaghetti squash for our dinner tonight. We had a piece each of chocolate chip zucchini cake that I freeze in individual slices for dessert, with a sliver of pecan pie that also was previously in the freezer.

Thursday April 16, 2020

Today we got up and ready to go. We were not sure what time it was when we got up, the electric went off shortly after we went to bed. it was pouring rain right before we got up. We had a quick breakfast of oatmeal and headed out to Wal*Mart. Jim dropped me off at the door, he parked and went in too with his list. We divide and conquer our lists. They were counting people as they came in and left. I had a huge list. I think we broke a record, We did not shop for any food in 10 days, we could have went longer. I was very surprised I found everything I wanted, except for strawberries, but remembering they are no longer in season here. So I bought some fresh blueberries instead. The only thing I wanted  I couldn't get was two packs of chicken  was only allowed one , and two packs of turkey burger was only allowed one .  And I got one large pack of lean ground hamburger  for Jim. Then I met Jim out at the truck and we loaded up and headed out to find Spring Water. It started to rain a little again. 
After Jim brought everything in, I started to put everything away. I got out both of my IP and made lasagna soup beef for him in the large pot, and I made a turkey one for him in the smaller 1. Jim grilled a couple Costanza hot dogs for us for lunch. Grilled zucchini and a whole bunch of grilled chicken for later meals. Definitely making burrito bowls with some of it. then I made Egg Roll in a bowl in the instant pot. I froze some of both for later travel meals, in 2 weeks we should be heading towards PA. If anything changes with our Thousand Trails reservations we will be mooch docking with a former coworker of Jim's. Thank you Steve. 
 All the bowls are lasagna soup in the back, the plastic ones are the ones I froze. Grilled chicken in the middle, bottom left on the red plate is grilled zucchini and a Costanza Texas hot dog. The best.
The egg roll in a bowl, is still in the IP.

 We shared the rest of the ravioli and spaghetti squash, from last night for lunch. Jim had pre set an appointment with his Mom at the facility she lives in to do a video chat at 1:15. It only lasted 15 minutes went really fast but we did get to see her, and she got to see Jim and I with a nice quick visit Jim took the phone outside to try to show her the area where in in our site.
The rain stopped,  sky cleared yesterday was 95 today is 72 with nice breeze. So nice to be able to have the door open and let fresh air come in and sunshine, makes you feel like a new person.
We also shared one of the large Texas hot dogs from the Costanza's for the rest of our lunch, after the phone call. That's when Jim grilled the chicken and I finished all my cooking and put them in the freezer for travel days.
When we finally got to  write down what we spent for the day,  We probably will break another record for the least amount spent in this month. can't believe we didn't food shop for over 10 days. Yesterday we did get our stimulus checks deposited in our accounts.
 Long time ago I bought two round containers that we're so cute I thought I could use for our granddaughters Easter goodies. I bought a lot of Easter candy on sale at Walmart. So today I put them together for them when we get back. Jim hit the rest of the jelly beans pretty hard.
Then we sat outside for a while. Before we came in for the night. Ate some lasagna soup for dinner.
Worked on more of my craft projects and watch some TV before bed.





2 comments:

  1. You are making good use of your down time.

    We actually got out of the house yesterday. Len had follow up appointment from his cataract surgery. Everything great. Only needs Readers. I ordered 3 pair for $9.99 on Amazon. Much cheaper than $400.00 for glasses. Sure do hope they work. Then ordered Philly Cheese steak from Jersey Mikes. OMG.... they are so good.

    Take care and love you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem with our Trailer is a Crack in the sidewall ahead of the bedroom slide. It's already been repaired twice.
    Having to take an apartment will delay our getting back on the road.
    The next time you go shopping and are stocking up on certain items that are rationed each of you have a list of those same items so that you can get what is restricted. Just be certain to cash out separately.
    We are trying to cut back on our intake but Kathy keeps adding to the plate and since I exist on a "See Food Diet" it gets devoured.
    Believe it or not we had more food storage space in our Trailer then in this apartment.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete