Thursday, April 9, 2020

MY how things HAVE changed

MY HOW things HAVE changed 

Saturday April 4, 2020

Seems like we're getting up later and later, and staying up at night a lot longer. Didn't go anywhere today, again.
I was up first today, made coffee, we both had oatmeal today, with strawberries and homemade yogurt.
We got into a marathon of Love it, or List It. Something Jim and I both like watching.
 I repainted my nails. And procrastinated on a lot of other things.
 It's very strange to think we have all this time here now. No one's really coming or going for the most part, they are trying to get everyone to just stay put. I had pre-made salads and some chicken,  for lunch.
 I made dinner, I made a chocolate chip cookie bar when it came out of the oven we went for our evening walk. The cows were out again said hi to people as we passed by them on the opposite side of the road. We said hi to the neighbor in front of us as we passed by. She asked if we were leaving on Sunday and we said nope. They're heading back to New York. They're stopping at KOA which apparently are open. Sat outside for a bit, got more meat out of the freezer out front.
 We enjoyed our cookie bar at the end of the day and watch more of our new TV.

Sunday April 5, 2020

I was up first today make coffee. Today it pretty much rained all day. we were going to go get water and a few things. We decided to stay in. Jim ordered subs from Jersey Mike's, they delivered really nice.
 We had a salad for dinner. Jim dumped the tanks between a few rain showers.
We had salad for dinner. Watched a little TV, went to bed late.

Monday April 6, 2020

 Today is Monday morning smoothie day. Today I washed sheets and towels and hung them outside.
Then we had lunch later, we shared the rest of the sub from Jersey Mike's. Then we get ready and went to Winn-Dixie first. Our main goal is to find eggs and Diet Pepsi. No luck there then we went to Aldi's, Publix, Save-A-Lot, Dollar General, and then CVS. No luck on any of them found the rest of the things we needed, we're so focused on eggs we forgot to find some firewood at Publix. We filled up our water jugs too there. We didn't go in all the stores together, the last few I popped in check for eggs and left again, don't judge us. LOL the funny part was there was a lady right in front of us and she kept going into the same stores I did. She was looking for green beans. She found a can but didn't want to wait in the long line at Aldi's. I said this is the longest conversation that I have had with anyone for so long, except Jim, they are not really conversations anymore. LOL. She said she was an RN, and a lot of this is being blown out of proportion. The other year when it was the swine flu, than H1 N1 way more people died during those illnesses then they are now, she said.
Came back I made taco salad for dinner some left over for lunch tomorrow. I made my own refried beans in the IP, not pretty but I thought they were really good, froze some.

Tuesday April 7, 2020

This morning Jim wanted to run to the store and see if he could find eggs in the morning. He thought they might be better stocked then. He went by himself got an Egg McMuffin for breakfast. I ate my oatmeal and yogurt with strawberries here.
He was able to find firewood eggs at two different stores only one dozen each. I want to put some in the IP. Firewood and caulk for the sink, he found some beer somewhere too.
 Later he started a fire. We made a makeshift smoker since we didn't bring ours along. Coming back from our Indiana trips it bounced all over the place and dented the lid.Took it all the way to California and back with no problem.
 So we put this together and smoke the pork loin it turned out really really well.
I made leftover taco salads for lunch, we  ate them outside during the smoking process.
He was out the whole night ended up watching for the super pink moon. He said it never turned pink.
I finally vacuumed, took another rug outside and scrubbed it. Talk to our neighbor again in front of us they leave tomorrow. We talked about instant pots she has one in the RV she never opened. OMG. I made some soup, it was chicken pasta spinach soup in a broth.
We had a small bowl of soup any pork sandwich for dinner. I went for a little walk by myself. Came back took a shower watch some of my TV shows, before Jim came in for the night.

Wednesday April 8, 2020

 Another day of self-isolation in the CG. Today I made a green smoothie that was tropically inspired with coconut mango , fresh  Frozen pineapple and banana. I made Jim a breakfast sandwich, with one leftover burger patty, egg and cheese on wheat toast. 
It was a very warm day. We sat out in the early afternoon for a short time, was too hot, with pollen filled air.
So we decided to watch a movie I had recorded, called The Mountain Between Us. Starred Kate Winslet and Idris Elba, who they keep reporting that he has the Coronavirus. It was a very good movie highly recommended. It was about the two of them in a small airplane, pilot was Jeff Bridges probably his shortest role in a movie. The plane crashes and they show how they had to survive, and falling in love on the mountain. Suspenseful we really both enjoyed it.
For lunch we ate almost all the soup and some sliced pork.
I did two loads of our laundry and hung them outside on the back clothesline. Talked with our neighbor for the last time they're leaving tomorrow morning.
Later we went outside sat for a bit, I got out my new cleaning cloth Jim helped me wash the windows with it using our squeegee and tying the cloth on with clothespins, they do looked a lot better. I folded and brought the laundry in. We sat outside for a while really nice breeze. Jim swept off the back awning really well,  we brought that one in.
He was picking up the twigs that blew out of the tree and put in the fire ring, and it started smoking from leftover Heat from when he smoked the pork loin. He couldn't believe it stayed hot that long.
Jim put the truck in the back of our site because our neighbors we're leaving in the morning at 8:30, we wanted to make it easier on them to pull out.
We went inside I made dinner, which was steamed mixed vegetables, I  heated up pork, we love it so much and I made a big handful of french fries in the air fryer. Still can't get over how good they get in there. We had a little bit of our ice cream leftover, it's really frozen yogurt.
We watched Survivor and a few other things didn't stay up too late tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Jersey Mikes. For the 3 years we have been here in Alabama we have been searching for a good Philly Cheesesteak. Had just about given up hope. Then came Jersey Mikes. OMG!!!! A couple on months ago we decided to give it a try. We ordered the 15 inch cheesesteak. Loaded with meat, cheese, peppers, onions. The best we've had a in years.

    I noticed while the young lady was cooking our steak she was looking our way and talking to a young man. When I went up to pay I tried to give her my credit card. She just kept shaking her head and refused to take it. Now... Len was sitting there with his Inogen Portable Oxygen Concentrator. I think they felt bad for him. This act of kindness gave me hope. She was African American, he was Hispanic. Here they were.... being kind to an old white couple. We have returned for bought a cheesesteaks again. Will return when this is over.

    And I tell Len from now on when we go out to eat he is to not only use his Inogen but also the sling he uses on occasion when his left arm is hurting. And I will find a cane for me.

    ReplyDelete