Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Strawberries More Strawberries

It finally happened, I Was up first this AM before Jim.
I don't mean by minutes, but it was almost an hour. Good to see him get some good  sleep for a change.
 I did save him some coffee. I made him a nice breakfast, we put a few things away, tomorrow is moving day. Then we got ready for our day of fun. 

We made plans to see Bob and Sally.  I met them first in the pool here in Peace River, years ago They invited us to meet up with them at Goodson's Strawberry Farms.
It was about an hour drive for both of us. We arrived just after 11:30.
They started to get ready busy, they have great sandwiches for lunch, we shared a Cuban and a club sandwich, and they have strawberry shortcake with the works, they call it, the cake, strawberries, ice cream and Topping, and I got a strawberry Pizza slice it has a cream cheese topping with it.
 Course we forgot to get pictures of that. It  was kind of chilly outside they only have seating outside to eat. We had a nice visit and caught up on their travels. They're staying at Royal Coachman for the winter season. We went in to buy some strawberries right before we left. Jim was anxious to get home and start putting stuff away, as they said rain  was arriving tomorrow. We bought our strawberries and I also found some beautiful red peppers $0.25 each. Here is a picture of them when we got back home. 

Here are pictures of the area, kind of like Parksdale. We really liked it,  we took some of my dessert home.
12 dollars for the half of a flat of berries 
Beautiful produce
That is where you order the food. Bob said they didn't raise the price in over 4 years. 

On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart wanted a few things, but they didn't have it. Jim did find a couple of flannel shirts he needed. 

We got back to the RV after 3 and I started to put stuff away, I made glazed strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, I missed one, and I chopped up the red peppers. All that took forever, 
Jim worked outside putting things away, he put the golf cart away too. He worked untill after dark, he didn't come in till after 8 pm.
We watched TV before bed he went up first.
           Thanks Bob and Sally for a fun day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment