Monday, February 28, 2022

Keeping Busy with little chores

Keeping Busy with little chores 

Sunday February 27, 2022

Our youngest granddaughter is 10 this weekend.  Happy birthday Mia.

Today Jim came downstairs early. I woke just before 8. We had some coffee and I said we should go for a walk through the jungle now,  before it gets to hot out. He said we're still drinking coffee I said we can finish when we get back. I said we just can't sit around waiting to eat, LOL. I started getting ready, he said OH your serious. I said yes so we left just after 9 a.m.. walked up to the beginning of the path through the jungle. Came back out near Marsha and Jeff's truck camper. They were leaving this morning, we talked more about our Berkey, we went over and say goodbye to them. Made plans to go to the Strawberry Fest together on March 6th. Then we went back in the jungle,  we walked the outskirts of the park. Came out at the other end close to our FW. 

When we got home we were so hot, he took off his shirt, opened up the golf cart. He made toast while I made bacon and eggs for egg sandwiches for breakfast, had a fresh fruit salad with banana, blueberries, strawberries,orange and a peach cup. More coffee, Then I put the sheets in the washer. 

After I worked on the Blog. He changed the key pad then put more mail away, printed insurance cards. 
I finished washing and drying sheets then I made the bed. Washed hand towels and my lap blanket too.
Jim took the golf cart up to get a package, our Berkey water filters are supposed to be here today. 
We got the filters changed and put water in. Funny sound hearing it drip. Later we filled it to full, as Marcia warned us not to, I heard it dripping,  with a  weird sound. Water all over the counter. Ran toward sink not on floor, so wasn't to bad. I just cleaned the coffee pot yesterday, I put Berkey water it for tomorrow, Hope pot likes it, lol. 

We took a golf cart ride funny some of the things you see.
 We picked up the rest of the wood Glenn had  left he said Jim could have it. 
There MH, they are leaving tomorrow.

We ate more Minastrone soup, then  I made chicken cassadee's with onions and peppers black beans and corn. 
Today was like a slow news day, Not alot to do around here, just real life chores. I wanted to go in the pool today, was either took hot and sunny for me, then before I new it was to late. 

Then we took trash out. Came back I took the shower curtain out to the picnic table to scrub it. Then cleaned out the back seat of the truck getting rid of more water jugs and coats Jim put extra one's in the trunk. Then I scrubbed the plastic part on the golf cart cover.  By then was pretty dark out. We watched one episode of Stranger things then both went to bed early about 10 pm.

2 comments:

  1. You have so much more ambition than me. Oh to be that young again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With regards to changing your eating habits two meals a day. We have been fulltime retired since 2015 and it takes a good while to adjust to not working full time. I cook very differently now, not as large portions. We basically enjoy a pot of coffee and computer time in the morning, breakfast and a light snack around 1-2 pm and then dinner before 6 pm. We eat fairly healthy just portions are less than when working, we do not need 3 full meals a day. Our snack may be an orange, cheese n crackers, small salad. Retirement is an adjustment just as fulltimer life is but it is a great life for sure. Don't put so much pressure on yourself, enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete