Sunday, January 15, 2023

Happy New Year 2023

Happy New Year 2023

Sunday January 1, 2023

3 Flags Wildwood Florida 
Relaxing start to this new near. I  did a course on line today from 10:30  to 2:30. It is a weight loss program that I have been doing called NOBS free course.com.
I started it May 17, 2022. It is the best thing that I ever found. So I did that all day. Later Nancy and I  got together to talk about it. She has been doing it too along with her hubby Neil.
She gave Jim  some  pork and sauerkraut, for New Year, she made,  he loves it,. Didn't really do much else, or go anywhere today.

Monday January 2, 2023

Went up for my walk fit just after 9 am. I saw Jim drive by in the truck. I got home from walking just after 10 am. Jim and Neil took  his Mom's car back. They used it for bit, took it to the airport for there Christmas trip, etc. Then they both went to breakfast together. I had 2 precious hours alone. They went to a restaurant called First Watch. The first choice place I think was Denny's, was packed.

They were back just after 12 noon. We had lunch a little bit later. Then he spent alot of time outside packing up, as tomorrow is moving day to TTO aka,
Thousand Trails Orlando. 

Tuesday January 3, 2023

I was up early again, before daylight, I really am enjoying that, it's great when you don't have to go anywhere, ie work.  I did some of my packing up. Then went up for walk fit, Donna was back. She walked with me and we had a nice chat together. 
I was back just after 10 am, finished up doing my stuff, took a quick shower and we pulled out heading for Orlando just before 11 am. Neil and Nancy left too,  just a bit ahead of  us.

In our travels she called us and said to watch out, in Clermont there was a couple of huge cow's alongside the road. We never did see the cow's. But this animal control vehicle passed us.
 Then we saw all of them pulled over. Guess they had things under control.
Other than that it was a nice uneventful drive. Except for Jim, he thought he heard weird noises from the truck on his side. 
They took the Turnpike and we didn't.  They were #3 upon arrival we were 25. 
They got the site they wanted, and so did we. All the way to left of the park when entering. Wanted to be out of the way of main traffic areas. Was so busy where we were last time. 
We did take a golf cart ride, after he got it out, and was all set up.
Here is our site after he had it all set up.

Wednesday January 4, 2023

I was up again early this morning after I got ready had my coffee and made Jim his breakfast.
Jim said Happy Anniversary of our first date, 44 years ago today, sweet guy, oh my.

 I took the golf cart up to walk fit. In the golf cart there's a shortcut golf cart path only, that  I use to get up to the activities building faster. But when you drive out of our site you have to drive all the way around. They don't do line dance on Wednesdays. A lot of times they head over to the Polo Park and dance with them over there. I did that last time I was here, I hitched a ride with Suzanne. 

When I got back to the RV Jim and I went for a walk together. Around the park we went he was a little sore after all the work he did yesterday setting up. I had put on  a pot of my steel cut oatmeal in the instant pot before we left. Today was very hazy hot and humid above 80.
 We had lunch later together and then made a trip out to Aldi's. I love shopping in that store they're so nice here in Florida compared to PA. Between lunch and dinner I sat down at the table to write out five letters I wanted to send. A few thank you cards one to Affinity RV group. Better late than never. Also one to Steward and Sallie, I sent his Mom a card too. Later after dinner Jim watched the movie Bullet Train. 
  I wasn't really into it.  Later after dark it rained for a bit. 
In 3 Flags it was so cold, heat was on day and night. Most days here AC on during the day and heat most 
evening's. 
What a good first day in Orlando.

Thursday January 5, 2023

This morning it was pouring rain, started about 6 am. It made for a wet golf cart ride to  walk fit and today's  Line dance, better than walking. I left a few minutes early.  I wanted to  get back so we could  leave before noon, to miss the incoming rush of RVs 

We were meeting Steve and Katrina at Cherry Pockets Restaurant in Lake Wales. 
The closer we got the harder it was raining. Was about an hour away. 
My feet were pretty wet when we got inside. We had a nice lunch together. Our first time Jim and I shared a catfish sandwich a huge hush puppy, he had FF I had the Cole slaw. We only spent less then 1 1/2 hours together. Said our goodbyes and headed towards home.

We made a stop at Wal-Mart in Hanes City quick. And later got fuel. The rain was pretty much over
By then, and the sun was coming out.
We were even able to take a golf cart ride, before we settled in for the night and later had dinner together.

Friday January 6, 2023

This morning I was up before daylight. Got ready for walk fit and line dancing. 
Jim made arrangements with Neil per my request, for a second opinion on what he thought about the truck making weird sounds thinking it was something to do with the brakes.
Jim and I had lunch together, and Neil came over after that later in the afternoon.  He Assess  the situation and told Jim he needed rear brakes on the Dually on the driver side. We both value Neil's opinion on his knowledge of diesel trucks. Jim decided to call Pep Boys and take it there he made an appointment for Monday. He was nice enough, and said he would go with him, he wanted to hear what the guy had to say.

I had met Mary Jo at  walk fit. Her and her husband Dan, are here for the season in  their motorhome.
 She is so much fun, so likeable and very attractive lady, same age as me. Just spent a couple months in Italy with her daughter, who is in the Army there.  She's a decorator and Crafter extraordinaire. I talked about ideas I had in here about redecorating the fifth wheel. Just wanted a different look, from how it looked originally from purchase. I said I  would love to  have her come see and get her opinion. She said she would love to. So today she ended up coming over for a nice chat.

She came over and  I gave her the tour, we had a lovely visit. I asked Jim to stay at least for a little bit so he could hear her opinions about my ideas. 

First we talked about the curtains. I wanted to recover the window boxes at the table and behind our two recliners. I just didn't know what colors of fabric Etc. She said she loved the existing fabric cover. I told her I hated it, she said what I like is what matters. I told her I valued her opinion, long story short, everything I suggested she had reasons, good reasons why it wasn't a good idea. We talked about painting our dark cabinets, recovering the sofa, changing our table configuration. Restaining the hardwood floor to something lighter and I showed her the wallpaper I bought for behind our chairs. She was explaining how it really wouldn't work. And after she did I agreed with her idea. Now Jim loves her,  because she shot down everything, in a nice way all with good reasons. She just saved him ALOT of work.LOL. Later she asked, hope I didn't offend you, I told her I valued her opinion, and I would be taking the wallpaper back to Lowe's for a refund, almost $50 it was.

Later Jim and I took a golf cart ride.  Saw this funny sign, really cracked us up.
 Also another turtle crossing.
And the cool double decker family bus, we just met in Indiana.
We were checking out the new bathrooms in the new new section. Nancy texted me and said, where are you !! and I said we are over in your neck of the woods. She said  "come over now. " OK,  So we did she wanted to tell me how she joined NO BS, she's pretty excited. We all had a little chat about everything. 

Then we headed home Jim grilled some chicken we had dinner together. And then we went up to the line dance Friday Night karaoke party from 7:00 to 9:00.
 What a bunch of fun people we hung out with. We were also pretty good backup singers for Mary Jo's husband Dan he's a pretty good singer. 
Donna the one I walked with in 3 Flags.
Lisa and Brian do walk fit and line dance with us all.
We also met this couple Judie and Robert about to get married in Italy. She started partying way before they got here. And was wild and sang karaoke, could whistle Really loud, alot of fun. 
What a fun night we had.




1 comment:

  1. I do hope the Karaoke there is better than what you heard here.

    ReplyDelete