Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Tampa RV Show part 2

Tampa RV Show part 2

Saturday 21, 2023

This morning we got up, I packed another fabulous lunch for us today. I made chicken tortilla wraps with cheese, salsa, barbecue sauce, lettuce and tomatoes, Late July tortilla chips, and applesauce cake with homemade applesauce topping.

 We left this morning  almost half an hour earlier than yesterday. And we arrived a little before 10:00 a.m.  to the fair grounds. Had  a lovely spot even closer than yesterday with a tree. Today we will have a lovely Shady spot for lunch here in the truck again.
 We got into the show and first we headed over to my sofa. The name of it is Glastop,  here's a picture of me laying on it. 
There was another couple there that was ordering one right away. The wait time is about 4 months from now, minimum. The sales guy put the air mattress out so we could all try it. I want it  even more now, lol it'll take a while, but we'll eventually get one. 

Then we walked around the show, I found lipstick that I had wanted, I checked the color I had already but wanted something different. It's very creamy has aloe, I got two of them. 

The only other thing we bought was a veggie slicer. I see it every year at the show. Thought it could replace my old worn out food processor. That I don't even use that much anymore. The cutest little old man demoing it.
Then we saw more switch crew Sandy and Jeff. Chatted a bit. 
Then we saw this robot guy who was one of the fun entertaining things that the show has that Hershey doesn't, that I talked about yesterday. He kept talking to people and finally he was looking at me saying Who, WHO,  because of our switch it up shirts. So I went over to him. Jim got my picture, he kept telling me to hold his hand. And then he said " she has the cutest little giggle. " in his funny robot voice.
We saw Doug and Tammy. Chatted a bit and we told them how Todd had rented a plane to fly a Switch It Up banner around the RV show. They didn't know it, they were not at the meet up where they announced it. Was supposed to start around 1 pm. 
Here is a picture of them with a new manufacturer,  The Brinkley.
We walked out into a more open area. There it was....
We had cards to hand out to people who saw it. To further explain there mission, and how to find their website. 

Then we went to the park models that I saw yesterday. Wanted to show Jim a few. They are beautiful but small and pricey. 
They sell them, but you have to put it on one of there many properties. 
Lovely Kitchen and
the bedroom 

Later we saw Cindy and Billy with John. They were heading back to the groups camping spot at the fair grounds. On the walk there with them, we saw the Budweiser Clydesdales were here.
Here is one we passed, beautiful.
We all hung out Chatted, and as the sun went down it got cooler out. Jim jumped in Billy's Jeep and they went to bring our truck closer to the camping area.
 Jim and I changed into our long pants. As the evening progressed more crew was coming back. And Steve the switch it up chef started two different smokers. 
He made some manicotti like shells with bacon wrapped around. Put them in the smoker, people started bringing their dish for the evenings meal. We all ended up having dinner together. It was a fabulous potluck,  it was so nice of them to share with us. 
This was the Host RVER'S Susan and John. 

Had a wonderful time,Todd and Sheila stopped by on their scooters. They ate with us and football was on the TV outside Sheila was watching her football. While we all chatted. 
About 7:00 or a little after, Jim and I figured we should get going. We headed over to the Brazen Brits meet up,  they were having at a local bar. Hung out with him for a while, here's a picture of Laurence and Jim.
 I got one with Natalie too. 
We each had a drink I chatted with Barbara and Lowry. We met at Talona Ridge and became fast friends, as happens alot with Switch Crew. 
And we headed out about 9:00 to head home. Tonight we got home almost 10:00 p.m.. wow such a fun filled busy day.

Just a funny side note. I  have had a few old post in my draft since 2021. Decided to read one this am. Thought it would be funny to post after our recent visit to the RV Show, since that was also the posts title. Warning ⚠️ it is very boring, lol.
It also covers quite a few days. Funny there are no pictures of Jim and I, must have been much heavier and never wanted my picture taken then. I didn't have the heart to delete it, as even the boring ones are alot of work. LOL Hopefully the blog is at least a tiny bit better then it was back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment