Tuesday, July 18, 2023

David leaves for fishing trip

David leaves for fishing trip.
Saturday July 15, 2023

This morning I ate cold cereal when I was first one up, after coffee we went over to the house. I was going to make scrapple. David already started making potatoes, onions and ham and eggs for his friends. He fed everybody, Drew was already outside.
He stayed out really late with his friends at a party last night. He had a hard time getting them moving. They started packing up for their fishing trip and left about one p.m. 
Drew said you want to go to a picnic, we said sure do. I was starting to get hungry so I ate a little bit before we left. Which was a good idea because they got to the party and started drinking beer, they never did get any food. 
Beautiful spot, but there was flys that would bite your legs so bad if you had shorts on. Never had that problem before. Had to sit on top of the picnic table to get away from them.
Guy was playing here, same one that was at the benefit.
Jim didn't really want any food until it was all sold out.
 I drove home,  we arrived after 7:30 and we had leftovers in the fridge instead of what I wanted to cook. Have a lot of cooking to do tomorrow. Had a pretty good thunderstorm before I got back to the RV at 10:30.

Sunday July 16, 2023

We have been staying up late and sleeping in lately.  Jim went over to the house, Drew talked about going to a breakfast this am. He decided against it. So Jim cooked corn beef hash and egg, guess it didn't go well. I offered to help. I was trying to get a little alone time. Wanted to listen to Corrine. Internet wouldn't work. I came over to house. Listening with ear buds, I started to cook for hours. Made a chicken casserole and chicken pot pie, with the 2 rotisserie chickens from Sam's.
 I also made 6 salads, Jim cleaned the chickens and grilled some.
We had lunch salads and some pot pie for dinner.
After dinner we went in the truck to go see deer.
Saw couple of horses I put in here.
The sky and views were incredible.
 We drove 2 hours and saw 167 deer, 1 bear, and 2 eagles. 
On the way back Dad's truck, as I call it, really Drew's now. Smelled bad, the front passenger side breaks must have been hot.
We watched Naked and Afraid Last One Standing. So late, Jim left before it was over, Drew and I finished it to see who won, spoiler alert, won't say who won, good show, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment