Saturday, July 1, 2023

Trip planning and cooking

Trip planning and cooking 

Monday June 26, 2023

This morning once we came over to the cabin / house, as I used to call it. 
This is what the  cabin looked like back in the day. 
This is what it looks like now.
I made ham, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwiches on an English muffin for Jim, David and Drew. 
Drew's phone rang, it was an emergency alert there was storms on the way with large hail. Jim and Drew were both checking the weather alerts. We had some earlier heavy rain but that was about it.
Then Drew and I got ready and went into Dushore so he could get his Deer tags for doe hunting.
Drew couldn't believe how long the line was. He got to talk to some people he hasn't seen for a while, mainly the guy behind us Bruno. 
Long story short, we stood in line for 2 hours to get his tag. It was a pretty cool store, I should have walked around. After he left he filled out his tags while I ran in to Hurley's Market the only store in Dushore, and I got milk. 
I love the way this church looks sitting on the hill, right above the store to the left.
Once we got home, Jim had already eaten so I made Drew and I leftovers. We were both kind of tired from standing for 2 hours.
We did get some more rain on and off throughout the day.
I went outside to clean the windows on the truck, inside and out. So hard to spot deer through it. Also cleaned them in his car.
It was nice for awhile too, humidity was high. Nice we can run one AC now. Glad we don't need heat on any longer.
 For dinner later I made pork fried rice with leftover pork chops from the other day. 
And a large salad Drew put more chicken on the smoker/grill. 
I  also made chocolate chip paleo cookies and a coconut treat.
And I took it off, the four of us at dinner together.
Watched some TV after dinner. Jim goes home to sit in our chairs about 9.
I make the scary walk home about 10.
The electric went on and off a few times.

Tuesday June 27, 2023

This morning once we got over to the house. I started frying up more scrapple and eggs for breakfast. Jim has been working on planning the trip to Maine. We have seven states we want to stay overnight in on the way.
It's getting so exciting all the fun stops he has booked.
 David was telling us how he got home last night a little after 10:00, which ironically, I went home right before he arrived. And he said a bear ran across the road and up behind the house when he pulled in. 
OMG that just reiterates the fact how scary it is when I walk over by myself after Drew and I sit and watch some TV together. We also told him how the electric went off a few times. They have a whole house generator that would even kick on across the street, where we are. I Didn't know that. He said it covers the whole estate. Lol

After breakfast Drew had an appointment to take the car in for something that was recalled on it. He said he probably won't be back for a while has to go to Tunkhannock. Then go for blood work.
Jesse stopped asked if I needed anything and then her and David went to some surplus store together.
 Jim and I were home alone, don't tell Drew but I brought in three more things from the RV to leave here. Big stained glass we've been carrying around forever. 
 I kind of think of it as a tribute to my parents, who loved the hummingbirds. Also a stupid mantle clock thing my work gave me when I retired. I shoved that under the bed. A big sauce pan that was in the motorhome when dad had it. But since the instant pot, I never use it, so I washed it and stuck it in with all their pots and pans, hopefully he'll never notice. Jim said unless he reads the blog, I said he won't. 
The funny part is he was telling me how our Dad would collect knick knacks from somebody getting rid of them, and just drop them here at the house. Drew didn't want them, so he was telling me how he drops things off at his friends house. He just puts them on a shelf, never says anything and leaves. I said oh, I should do that, he said  "you already do. " I look at it as he was asking for more, LOL

It was getting close to noon so I decided to make four salads for lunch and was going to make creamy chicken and wild rice soup. Once I started I realized we had rice for tonight so I " switched it up, " and made creamy chicken  corn with potatoes chowder instead. It took almost 2 hours to prep it all. Jim grilled the chicken in the Ninja, Fantastic. He ordered more of our Montreal chicken seasoning to come here before we leave, we're almost out. 
 Drew arrived as we were finishing up and Jim was cleaning the grill. I fed him lunch when he arrived. Then he went and cut the grass.  I made chocolate chip paleo cookies, and this other coconut thing again. So good made them twice. 
 Drew got company, they were outside for a while. Jim and I ate together.
I went home at 10 when Drew went to bed. Had a drink and went to bed too.

Wednesday June 28, 2023

This morning we got up went over to the house. Jim went and showered first thing when he got up, packed a small overnight bag. I made pancakes and eggs for them. After Jim left about 9:30 to go downstate to see his mother. 
About 11:45 Drew and I got ready and went on the Gator up the Mountain to his deer stand, I called it the Taj Mahal. Quite the little place. 
I cleaned it out a little and took out the rug to bring back to vacuum. Yes there's a rug. Quite a large one too, it's a big room. 8 X 12 maybe,
Great view, you can see the RV.
Saw deer almost right away.
 He weed whack and cut up some firewood. It started raining on and off, I took a walk all around the woods.
 We were going to have a little fire but it started raining more, I had a raincoat but, he was too hot to wear one we got back about 2:30, I heated up leftover soup and chicken for the three of us for lunch. 
Before we left I had started looking up shows in Branson we could attend the end of October. Found 2 shows I was  interested in,  Legends and Yakov Smirnoff. But I went back to the RV to get some beans for chili and enjoy my home for a while. After I made the chili and the 3 of us ate dinner. I run back and forth to our RV to get ingredients everytime I cook.
Drew and I watched TV. I ran the DW and put the dishes away, like I usually do, at the end of the night.  Showered and went home. Painted my nails and enjoyed my home, and recliner.

Thursday June 29, 2023

This morning I only got to the house at 10:00 a.m.. I had a fourth cup of coffee today, since I'm home alone. Almost every am there is a loud woodpecker that likes Drew's metal roof. SO loud.

Once I arrived, I had my breakfast. No one was interested in it this morning. David left to go do errands and Drew made an egg and an English muffin. 
I texted Jim and he told me what was going on there. He will probably stay another night.
Then Drew went up on the mountain again. I told him I would join him later and walk up. Looking forward to hiking the hill. He left about 12:30 I started to listening to No BS. Didn't feel like sitting, so I put my earbuds in and vacuumed while I listened. 
Had lunch when I was finished, little leftover chili. 
Then I got ready started walking up about 2:30. It took less than 20 minutes to get up to the deer stand.
Blueberry Bush's everywhere, wish we were here when they are ripe. Sadly we won't be. It's August I think.
 Drew had a little fire going,  we got some trees down and stacked firewood in the Gator to bring back later. I brought him up protein bar.
This tree is a pain to Drew, he cuts down sapling and the come back like crazy.
Also we did notice the smoke back today.
He Always bring another log down.
 Once we got back Drew stacked the wood out at the wood burner, I went in to make dinner, I made Tuscan chicken with spinach and pasta. 
After I cleaned up, and had my after dinner decaf coffee. I watched a little TV. David brought some groceries home, and went out again. I took a shower and went home.
What a fun day in the woods with my brother Drew.

Friday June 30, 2023

I texted Jim Happy Anniversary, 39 years today.
When I got to the house I had my Oatmeal and talked with the boys. After David ate, he left for the day. I didn't hear from Jim. Then I looked out he was pulling in about 11:30.
Wow he left early.
Drew went to cut a few logs, was hot out. I made us all taco salad for lunch. 
Jim played with new internet booster he ordered before he left.
Later we went into Dushore. Little place you can see the one traffic light, might be two now.
Cute little restaurant The Jolly Trolley.
We stopped at a store, Second Hand Rose. Found a pair of jeans. They close at 4, we kept her a little late.
Then we stopped at the liquor store.
This pretty much says how the rest of the night went.
Three of them started drinking margaritas. I put more chicken on the smoker. We had leftover pasta chicken and I made a mixed vegetables for dinner. We sat out on the deck watch the Moon. Reflecting on our wedding day 39 years ago. And then I went and showered and got home about 10:00.
He came home pretty late.


No comments:

Post a Comment