Saturday, July 22, 2023

Happy Lazy Monday

Happy Lazy Monday 

Monday July 17, 2023

We did not do much at all today.
We did take the truck and dropped it off to get inspected and check the brakes. Saw this sign.
 Eventually I started cooking. I made the chicken casserole,  zucchini pies, and coleslaw. Nothing much happening today. Was a lazy Monday.
Above casserole before mixing ingredients. Onions, celery, water chestnuts, Mayo, homemade cream of chicken soup, chicken, cornbread stove top stuffing on top.

Tuesday July 18, 

 This morning we went to the house and I made a huge breakfast,  blueberry pancakes, hash browns,  bacon and eggs. Drew was busy and didn't eat till about 11ish. 
I went out to pick wild flowers. 
Drew had these in his work area outside across the road where we are. I guess it's still a work in progress. I don't remember ever seeing these before. Cut from same tree.
 So drew made his eggs. I had taken a pork loin out of the freezer. So Jim and I got that on the smoker. First we sliced 10 boneless chops and put them on. Per Drew's request.
They took about 35 minutes. 
 Then we put the rest of the pork loin on. That took 1 hour 22 minutes. 
Was fantastic. I ate and Jim had a little bit. They were going to split some wood, but there was bees in the splitter. So I stay behind and finish the pork, I walked up later.
If you have a wood burner and don't have a smoker like this, you are missing out. 
Then I went and vacuumed while they were gone. Listen to no BS for a while. 
 Once they returned I changed my clothes and we went back up for a second load of wood. I walked all the way up and back. 
We didn't get back till after 6:00. I heated up some pot pie and more pork and I fed them out on the deck. 
I didn't even notice but David was back before we got back. They were putting salmon in freezer bags.
 Drew started a little fire out back , It was pretty neat. 
We ate, I ran the dishwasher,  took a shower went home while the guys hung out on the deck.

Wednesday July 19, 2023

This morning when we got to the house I made breakfast for all the guys today. Pake, Bryson, David, Drew, and Jim. Made them scrapple which they never had before, blueberry pancakes eggs the works.
David left with them to show them around.
Drew, Jim and I went out to the log splitter and started splitting logs.
 This is the big stack that I did almost all this by myself. Two days later my shoulder wasn't to happy I did that.
David and his friends came back and they were going to come make salmon for dinner. He never did make it, which I figured would happen. So my plan B was heating up the smoked pork chops, I made mashed potatoes with the pork gravy and corn on the cob.
 It was so good. Then Drew and I hung out together Jim went home right before dark.

Thursday July 20, 2023

This morning we got over to the house after 9 am.  Drew had already left for the weekend. David's friends were also gone. We had breakfast in the RV, before we came over. We sat and talked with David for a few hours. Then he took off and Jim and I had a light lunch together. Went into Tunkhannock went to Walmart and then Aldi's. We got home after 6:00 p.m.
 I've been discussing all day with Christine about a day trip with her and Wanda tomorrow. Still have to figure that out.
 Once we got home Jim and I had alot to put away, some food for RV some for the house, then we had dinner together. We each had a salad I made before we left and David's salmon and stuffed shells that I only had to heat. Then I baked some banana oatmeal cookies. For dessert, we had so much fun playing house together. 
The kitchen so much fun to cook in.

1 comment:

  1. Just to give you a heads up about using a wood splitter. Last time I used one, I smashed my left pinkie finger. Had to get stitches. Then sometime during the night I had a stroke. Just sayin! Fair warning.

    ReplyDelete