Saturday, July 15, 2023

HOME Sweet HOME

 HOME Sweet HOME 

Tuesday July 11, 2023

Slept great in our own bed. Today we had breakfast in our FW. Later we went over to the house, with a ton of laundry. I did six loads in the huge washer. Later I made some awesome cookies, on the Ninja with a leftover very ripe banana, chunky peanut butter, oatmeal, cinnamon, vanilla and some chocolate chips.
 Super healthy and they were delicious. Drew had grilled some hot smoked sausage before we came over, he knows we don't eat hot stuff. He ate some of it and broke his temporary tooth, so he left at 1:30 to go to the dentist again. 
Jim and David talked for a long time today while I was doing my thing. One thing he told Jim was how hard it was to find his coffee. He looked it up on Amazon and secretly ordered some for David.
 Later I made pasta with onions peppers and zucchini and the hot sausage for David and Drew. We still had leftovers from our trip. Jim and I ate at home later. Came back and watched some TV with Drew before bed.

Wednesday July 12, 2023

This morning I was up early, way before Jim. Make coffee when he woke up after 9:00 we decided to come over to the house. Drew is already up and out the door with the Gator. David was making a big breakfast. Drew was all ready to weed whack, he ate out on the porch. Jim and I stripped our bed, I wanted to wash everything on it. 
We had two mattress protectors, one had plastic and it was so noisy. When we pulled it off the bed, realized it was ripped, so I ripped the plastic out of it threw it away and washed it. The other one, the washing instructions said to remove the pad and then wash it. But don't wash the pad, there was no way to open it up and take it out. So I was going to cut it out, wash it, put it back in and then sew it back up. I started to cut into it, I realized I wasn't on the inside where the pad was.  I sewed it back up, and started cutting in a different spot, I cut the whole length of it almost,  I realized it was sewn in like quilting in big squares, so there was no way it would come out. I was so mad, so I just hung it out on the deck in the sun. Didn't even sew it back up. 
Once everything was washed the blanket and sheets, and pillow shams. Jim and I made the bed. 
Later after Drew showered we went in to Dushore. Went in the grocery store, but he doesn't even give you time to think,  I only got a couple things until we were out the door. Then he went and got more mudslides. And stopped and got beer.
 On the way home we stopped at his friend Jesse, he invited her to dinner and mudslides.
Jess house and pond
 She gave us some fish food to see them jump. This pond is on David's land.
 Once we got back she was here and some other guys stopped. Drew made the chicken on the smoker. Inside Jim and I worked on zucchini crisp on the air fryer on the Ninja Grill. I made some mixed vegetables and put some sweet potatoes in the oven. Made a cherry cheesecake dump cake in the oven for dessert, and Jesse bought cookies with her. Once the food was ready Drew and David weren't ready to eat. Jesse was starving so she came in and ate with Jim and I. She ran a restaurant for years and really enjoyed having somebody else cook. It was nice to have the company. Then we all went out to the fire and talked then Jesse left. We all chatted for a while I came inside and put more food away. Then took a shower and went home for the night while they stayed at the fire.

Thursday July 13, 2023

This morning I was up first even though it was right before 8:00 a.m.. we didn't come over to the house until almost 11:00. We both had breakfast in our home. Once we came in the house I made scrapple for Drew and Jim and I also had a piece. So it was ready, it was almost noon. We had some leftover cherry dump cake from last night. Told Jim we'd be good till an early dinner. David got ready and left, his friends should arrive today from Missouri. After he left I went out and cleaned our bathroom a little and finished wiping things down in the motorhome.
Jim dumped our tanks and filled a 6 gal jug of water twice to put in.
 Then Jim moved the motorhome onto the house side of the road. Makes a lovely guest house. 
Drew is cutting the grass on both sides of the road.
When he was done, Drew wanted another mudslide, he was hot and he said was refreshing, I made them each two.
I hung out at home for a few hours. It was supposed to rain, didn't amount to much. Jim was here with Drew.
Later we moved the table and chairs onto the deck, they say in the basement over the winter.
Later I made potatoes in the instant pot for potatoe salad. Drew put a pre-seasoned small pork loin on. Was really good.
David and his friends showed up, they already ate.
We hung out for awhile but went home early tonight. Sunset as I walked across the road.
Friday July 14, 2023

This morning I was up first. Jim said we had a bad storm last night. I never heard it. 
Had breakfast here. Drew was outside and David and his friends brought breakfast back from Master Baker, I was never there. We both took showers and gave Drew a breakfast sandwich they had for him on our way out.
Then we left for a day out. Left about 1 pm. We went to Sam's Club first. Had pizza in there. Saw Pam and John D'Orazio had a nice visit and made plans to meet up at there house soon.
Saw they had our Ninja Grill  $100. Cheaper than we spent, if you need a new grill,  we highly recommended it.
Our view on our drive home. Sign at the Amish store, black sky coming, and our Sam's Club hall.
Thomas texted us while at Sam's Club, they had to put there dog, Puck down today. So sad for them. We just saw him at Sarah's birthday party.

We left went to the Amish store Drew took me too and then went to Wise Market for a few things,  I went in alone. Stopped at Wendy's on the way, sky got black they had a storm, but we drove out of it. An hour back to house. We put stuff away and put alot in the house. Went in with Drew for a bit. Had my decaf coffee night cap and went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment