Saturday, May 7, 2022

Travel Day # 4

Travel Day  # 4

Thursday May 5. 2022

This am Jim was up early hoping for good sunrise, over the river, but to cloudy. I was up shortly after him. It is hard to leave this place, so beautiful out the back window.

We got on the highway at 9 am. Was good drive, in 4 different states today. Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi.  and Alabama. Most the roads were pretty good, but when they were bad, they were very BAD. Some places bounce all over.

One spot Jim said what's that sound. I  DON'T want to hear that. He really didn't even want to look. I said we have too, he said I know.  Going through a little town, had to go potty anyway. Was just the ramps in the truck bed slide front. All is well. After we went inside I had to push knife block and trivet back in place.  OK back on the road.
I texted Phyllis when we were close.

We were probably less than half a mile away on the back road,  I felt like we needed to slow down.  So I told Jim we should slow down a little bit, and right when I said it,  some truck was coming towards us, way on our side and Jim had to hit the brakes pretty hard he said thank goodness for the new disc brakes. Close one.
We arrived got backed in. The only thing the knife block layed over and most of the knifes were in stove top. One on the floor. I put museum puddy on now they won't move.
We got set up. And together we drove to Jim and Nick's BBQ for lunch/ dinner aka lundin.
We got home sat on porch and talked for awhile watched Biscuit eat his rib bones. 
Walked around property. Beautiful flower, peonies.
Made a plan for next couple of days. 
Said goodnight went to our home about 7 pm and watched a little TV before bed, really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment