Thursday, June 8, 2023

Another Happy Monday

Another Happy Monday 

Monday June 5, 2023

This morning I got up ready for my day at 5:50 a.m.. sounds crazy, but it's awesome when you don't have to leave for work. 
Once I was ready to go up to do walk fit with Pam for the last time, as she leaves tomorrow. Sandie will be joining us I got a phone call from our insurance lady. I had to take the call, when I was finished it was almost 10:00. They called to make sure I was coming, as I was on my way walking there. 
We did our 3 Mile Walk fit as we chatted, mainly Pam and I talked about No bs. Then we line danced for a while till almost noon, it's great practicing and learning more from Pam she's a great line dance teacher. 
Once we said goodbye to Sandie. Pam and I stayed and talked till after 1:30 about anything and everything. It has been such a pleasure getting to know her. We did hugs and goodbyes, with I will see you in Florida.
 I went home and Jim was on a golf cart ride. I texted him I was back. He was starving, I was ready too, we had planned to go eat at a restaurant up the road and then go to Hilltop Acres Amish market. 
It was so close to us going to dinner with Dennis and Linda we decided to eat here. Glad we did. Then we got ready and went to Hilltop acres. Jim waited in the truck for me, I spend $110. I feel like you get so much more for your money in there. I feel like a squirrel stocking up on food to hoard in the mountain. When we go upstate getting anywhere good, takes over an hour. That's how I justified it, I sat in the truck a few minutes after I finish shopping and did the blog. 
Then we went home put everything away. I washed the lettuce and rewrapped the ham slices I bought for sandwiches for the freezer. All that took over an hour and I'm still not finished.
 We got ready and Dennis and Linda picked us up st 6:30 in their truck and
 we went to the Hershey Bistro. 
Dessert bottom left, 
First time there, I had blackened salmon with saffron rice and mango salsa. Jim had a medium meat sampler with brisket, pulled pork, and sausage. Linda had what they called chicken pot pie with rivals, the waitress kept saying soup. After I saw it I told the waitress that's not Rivals they're super tiny and this was big normal Pennsylvania Dutch Pop pie noodles. Dennis's portion looked the largest with Cod,and what looked like potatoes and asparagus. Jim and I were going to share a Boston cream pie for dessert,  but they were out. The food was really good, but pricier, we probably will never go again.
 Unless they want to go they were super fun to chat with. I guess they don't have a liquor license cuz it's BYOB.
 We took the drive home, saw a lot of deer on the way as it was dusk. They dropped us off. By now it was way after 8:00, we settled in for the night and decided to watch a movie with Sandra Bullock called The Lost City.

No comments:

Post a Comment