Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Class C Adventure Begins

Class C Adventure Begins 

Thursday June 15, 2023

This morning we got up had breakfast at the house. Started to pack up the Class C. Had very little time in to prep, but here we go.. We had turned the fridge on last night so it was nice and cold. We left about 10:30 a.m.. when we unplugged the motorhome we realized the fridge went off. It wouldn't come back on again, Jim realized it must have been the battery. We stopped halfway point which is the Buckhorn exit. We parked in front of a KFC but actually went into Wendy's for lunch.
Then we headed out again arrived at Hershey Thousand Trails about 3:00. Our friend Dennis was at the gate and he said " wow, you guys didn't kill each other yet in that little thing. " Jim said well we've only been in 3 hours,  give us time LOL. Hilarious hun. 
NO fire's here, fire Ban
We drove around to find a site. Jack and Mary, part of our switch crew is here they are from Virginia. We had spent time with them while we were there at Chesapeake Bay Thousand Trails. Neil and Nancy are also here. 
We got situated, tried to level the rig. Plugged in at least the fridge is back on.
We chatted with Neil and Nancy a bit when they came over. They said their dog wasn't doing well. Jim got the Ninja out and we air crisped some fish and made little fish sandwiches. I made macaroni and cheese in the instant pot and green beans. And I brought a little Rice Krispie treats along for dessert. We just spent the night enjoying our little rig. 
So far amazingly I didn't forget anything. Although the one job I gave Jim to grab the phone chargers and the Internet and it's charger. He forgot the charger for the internet. Tried to borrow one, He will have to stop and get one. The one job he had for packing.

Friday June 16, 2023

I slept on the table bed last night but it wasn't great. I asked him if I could sleep with him tonight, of course he said yes LOL. David has a mattress topper  and it was a lot better. Jim got the Ninja out again and I made him leftover French toast I brought and sausage and some eggs that David never ate at the house.
 Later Jack and Mary invited us for dinner tonight it's so nice of them. They told us they will do whatever we need. 
They are so nice that overwhelmed me to tears. Love our switch crew. Jack took Jim over to his mom's to get her car while we are here. So nice. 

Found out from Neil and Nancy their dog took a turn for the worst, and we saw him carrying the dog out to the car,. Today was the day they had to put her down. So sad for them.
 About 5:30 we went over to Jack and Mary's for dinner,  again it was so lovely of them to invite us. 
I told them next time we're in the same Campground with our fifth wheel I'm going to make them a couple dinners. She said they don't even like to cook.
They have quite a large Class C motorhome. 
We had a lovely evening came home before dark,  settled in for the night. 
We went to bed at 9:00 and we had new neighbors and they partied all night I slept great from 9:00 to 1:00 in the morning and woke up and they were so loud and so annoying. I found out later Jack reported them thank goodness a lot of people around us heard them. So inconsiderate.

Saturday June 17, 2023

Today there was a car show going on we slept in so late because of last night's noisy neighbors. We never did get to go, we had breakfast got ready and then a quick lunch till we did all the things and took off for our errands.

 Today is Sarah's birthday party at 4:00, we're picking up Jim's mother soon. First we went to pick up my rings they look so beautiful here's the after picture.
 I had Jim put my wedding rings back on. So special to have them again. And my mother's rings look beautiful together as one.
After we left there we went to CVS. Of course they screwed up our pills and they're ready, in Florida but not here. No more refills so we couldn't get any today. Then we ran into Giants to get a birthday card for Sarah. Then headed over to pick up his mom. She wanted something at the store so I ran into Redner's out in Fredericksburg before we went to Thomas in Jonestown. 

We were the first one there it was a lovely party Travis and Mia showed up next. Her parents and Grandparents were there and her stepdad and sister and husband we had a full house. 
So much fun being together with everyone.
 I love it when my boys and the two girls can be together. It fills my heart with warmth of love and family. 
Sarah's opening birthday gifts, her mom and Travis both gave her Student Driver, please be patient signs.
Jim took his mom home after we had her birthday cake look how beautiful they are. 
The small cake is a SpongeBob theme.
 He took her home and came back we hung out till about 7:30 after everyone else left the boys decided to go play tennis with the girls. 
We finally said our goodbyes I always hate to leave them. We had an invitation to go to Dennis and Linda's Park Model for drinks snacks and shenanigans. We got into the campground went straight there, Kim and Chris actually our neighbors here, and there friends we met before,  the the Six of us had a lot of fun together. Then the cosmos started flowing.
 First time I ever truly had a buzz from booze, vodka is something else. Thomas gave me a whole bunch of Crystal ICE Sparkling Water and I diluted the heck out of it with a lemonade one. 
BUT Made for quite the interesting night. We got home about 11:35 I told Jim I hope we're not the loud noisy neighbors tonight LOL. We are not. I had coffee at Thomas's with the cake and it kept me awake for quite a long time.

 Sunday June 18th Father's Day.

 This morning we got up had cold cereal for breakfast. Said goodbye with more condolences and hugs to Neil and Nancy and I wanted to show her my rings. Then we talked to Jack and Mary, and after they took showers Jack took Jim over to return his mom's car. When they returned we packed up dumped the tanks and headed for Upstate Pennsylvania in the Class C.
The fridge works now. Had a great trip, stopped againat the Buckhorn and went into Ruby Tuesday's for lunch.
Then arrived at the house about 330. Alot of work carrying everything in. 

I think we finally decided that we should take our FW HOME to Maine. It would be 6 weeks, and that it a long time to be without our comforts of home. 
I was so tired had a lite dinner in the RV, I made quesadillas and I was in bed at 8:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment