Tuesday, June 6, 2023

NoBS weekend

NoBS weekend 

Saturday June 3, 2023

This morning I got up we had breakfast together and at 10:00 am I got on a Zoom call for our NoBS Summer Reset. Pam was  also going to be joining the call. After Jim made sure I had good internet he left to go take his mom out to lunch and spend the afternoon with her. 
The call went until 2:00. When it was over I chatted with Pam. Later in the day she joined NoBS. So excited for her new Journey. Hope it does for her what it's done for me. 
After Jim returned we took a golf cart ride. This one site has such beautiful flowers, picture doesn't do it justice.
 After we got back Jim got out the Ninja and we put on a rack of baby back ribs to smoke. We rubbed it with mustard and then added Emeril Lagasse bamm seasoning. We left it on for good two and a half hours. 
I made a very small amount of macaroni and cheese, had a small can of baked beans. We topped it with barbecue sauce in the end, it wasn't fall off the bone but it was pretty close to perfect.
Jim told me a little of how he spend the day with his mom, they went to Moore's LZ, a few pictures.
We took a golf cart ride, but there was a threat of rain in the air. We were going to go to a community fire with Pam but it started to rain and we never made it. We went back home and put the awnings in and we were in for the night. It is so dry here and we need rain there's a 5-in deficit. But the rain we do get is very short-lived. Again we should have waited it out.

Sunday June 4, 2023

This morning we got up and had our breakfast. Late morning I remembered we wanted to take his mom to church. We never got to do it once. About 10:30 we went for a big walk. Stopping and talking with people is so fun but it does slow you down. Linda and Dennis were out we chatted with them for a minute, she suggested we go out to dinner tonight together. It was a place we never went to before, Hershey Bistro. I said we would check out the menu but it sounded like fun. 
We continued our walk. We also ran into Rockin  Russ, he said he was playing guitar at the poolside today, and wanted Jim to join him on the drums. 
Jim was being shy but I encouraged him to join Russ. Long story short in the end I think he's happy he did. Here's a few pictures of the pool area where they played. 
I walked down at 2:45 and he practice outside for a while and I told him I was going to start cleaning. I had made a list of things I want to do before we leave Lebanon County. This was one of them, so I got out the Rainbow used our new Wheels and vacuumed the RV. Then I wax the wood floor. Did the bathroom floor, few other things, blah blah boring. Then he texted me it was almost over, lol. I told him I had to wait till the cleaning lady left, lol. So I grabbed my iced coffee we just made, and went up to listen. 
Dennis and Linda showed up to listen also we had a nice chat while they played. I had told her that I looked at the menu, but the restaurant closes at 2:00 on Sundays. So we decided to go tomorrow night.
 After they finished playing they packed up everything and put it in a wagon and pulled it back to our RVs. 
We are right across from Russ so it was nice and convenient. Then we went for a golf cart ride. 
Came back and had dinner later.

No comments:

Post a Comment