Friday, June 9, 2023

Last Minute Running

Last Minute Running 
The final count down to our next chapter.
I call the cabinhouse
Tuesday June 6, 2023

This morning I was up super early again. Got ready went up for walk fit at 10 am, my last day walking with Sandie. I got there early and did 2 line dances before she arrived. Then we did our 3 miles. 
 I walked home and Jim wasn't there he had taken the 40 lb LP bottle to fill in the golf cart. I texted him and he returned shortly after. 
When he got back, I jumped in the truck all by myself, and went up to Country View store. I needed a few more things, again always super fun for me.

 On the way out I saw Neil and Nancy got to say hi and bye to them. Told him we'd see him in a week in our little Class C. Hopefully unless our RV PLANS turn to jello. 
I got home put everything away,  and Jim was still putting thing away.
 Then I made us a green smoothie and lunch for us, as Jim finished up outside putting away the golf cart etc. 
Jim took a shower then we went to do last minute stuff. 
First we went to the jewelry store for my rings. 
My rings
As we drove there we mentioned how dark the sky was. On the news in the morning they talked about the smoke creating a haze from Canada. Or it almost looked like it would rain. 
 The rain won, bottom right, and we had to make a Mad Dash and wait under a little overhanging roof till it's slowed down. Went to the jewelry store. He resized my rings to be left  
6 1/2 and my right is a 7 1/4. So excited to get them finished. He's lovely gentleman Mr. Hollowell, and we had a nice chat. I brought him a switch it up card, because he has an interest in RVING full-time maybe in retirement. I said check them out. 
After we left there we went to Bell & Evans Chicken store in Fredericksburg.
bottom right above pic, is for tomorrow. Geez

Cute chicken door stops
It was a lovely drive there. I suggested yesterday, or today that we should wash the RV before we leave, leave. Jim wasn't a big fan of it, but it really needs washed. There's a big truck wash right here and we drove past just to look at it again to see about making a plan for tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers we can go upstate with a clean rig. Hopefully it'll stay that way a while, but the pollen and dust are brutal. 

 This is everything I purchased on the bench before I put it in our counter height freezer. 
 I spent $75 on 6 packs of boneless skinless chicken thighs, two boxes of chicken patties, they're the healthy ones I actually found in Florida at a Whole Foods. I told the lady in the store that she said wow. I bought two bags of chicken pieces for Soups in quesadillas Etc, and a pack of green chicken sausage that has broccoli and cheese I think. Well I was in there Jim called his mom, we had planned to make a quick visit on the way home. But it didn't work for her because of their dogs and he was sleeping. That wouldn't have kept me from seeing my kid but okay. Saved us time, we tried, it was even my idea,  

Then we got diesel fuel. And ran into Giants Market for milk,  I'm guessing it will be harder to find what I like  upstate. 
Once we got home and put everything in the freezer, a few things inside.

 Started making dinner and I was outside and saw this rig go by. I told Dennis, the ranger here, the truck I want and just pulled in, he said Here Comes his twin.
 There's two Riverstone fifth wheels that are towed by hdt's. I told Jim I hope I get to talk to them, he said oh great, there she goes again, basically. 

 So after dinner he was going to make a fire but someone told him there was a fire ban so he called Dennis, he said it was officially starting tomorrow, so he could have a small fire tonight. He wanted to get rid of his firewood because there's a ton of it upstate, 90 Acres of Mountain Land. 
So after dinner about 7:30 I started watching this show about crack. I started watching it, a chiropractor in Florida and the sounds she gets out of people, and before and after results were amazing I know some people swear by chiropractors and, she made you a believer. 
Anyway, so I put it on pause and grab my stuff and walked up to where the two hdts went. They were parked fairly close together although the trucks were in the parking lot. ( pic above trucks circled in RED.)
But they both have their smart cars and I knew they were Riverstone. So the door was open on the first one and I can hear people talking. Walked around the front and the two guys were sitting outside. So I went and said hi to them, we had a lovely chat about hdt's. We exchanged cards. He said he saw the video of us on the Kahanamoku's channel Big Truck Big Travels, when they brought his truck over for a playdate with our fifth wheel. We talked about some of the other RV YouTube channels that have big trucks. 
After I went home Jim was extinguishing the fire, we went in for the night I put a few more things away and took a shower was hoping to go to bed a little early. That didn't work out too well. What a great day, we got a lot accomplished. Excited for tomorrow's Moving Day upstate.

1 comment:

  1. About 20 years ago Len had such a bad back he could early walk. I had to drive. Our family doctor suggested a chiropractor. He went in bent over and walked out with a bounce in his step. Made us believers. Well, here we are 20 years later and he is getting set up for his 2nd back surgery. But he had many years of being pain free. Have a great time visiting your brothers. Love you two.

    ReplyDelete