Sunday, June 4, 2023

Went to a garden party

Went to a garden party

Thursday June 1, 2023
This morning I got up worked on the blog had our coffee, and after breakfast at 10:00 I went up to do walk fit with my Orlando friends Sandie and Pam. Bad lighting 
We had such fun together together. We danced till almost noon. We spent the whole time talking. Makes it go so much faster. Then we said our goodbyes, everyone had fun plans for the day, I went back to the RV. 
Jim was sitting outside for awhile. He sent me a cool drink guide.. A few sound good to me.
Jim and I had lunch together. Went for a golf cart ride. This is Pan and Tom's beautiful MH. 
Later in the day we were invited to a garden party with a former co-worker of Jim.  Joe and Kathleen. 
They live just up the road from the campground. I chopped up some grilled chicken to take along, had frozen leftover white rice and shrimp. We left just before 5:00. Arrived at their house. Had drinks, got a tour of the garden, her flowers are so beautiful. 
They have a new garden house installed last year. We had planned to make fried rice on his Blackstone. I didn't want to take over, but it was after 6:00 by now and. I said why don't we get things going. I said who is going to grill, and I offered to do it. I didn't want to take the grill away from Joe neither, no one cared so I ended up doing the cooking. Which is cool with me.
 She wanted him to have everything chopped, she still works from home, he doesn't, but he didn't,  so we went into the kitchen and chopped vegetables first. 
Then I grilled the onions and carrots and some peppers. Push them to the warm side, warmed up the chicken pushed it to the side, grilled shrimp. Then I fried the rice, scrambled eggs and then I combined everything together with soy sauce. I served everyone. It was very good if I must say so myself. This was the leftover pile that we all shared for seconds and finished it off. 
She made a delicious fruit salad and had watermelon for dessert. Bottom picture is there 2 chicken house's. The right one is the newest. What a lovely evening, we sat outside the whole time. She spent most of the time talking about her 10 chickens.
They were like dogs begging at the table for watermelon. We had a few more drinks enjoy the evening and I drove home about 9:30. Thank you both for a lovely Garden Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment